Here's a strange one...
I had an old Moto DCT2000 connected to my DVD recorder, and pic has been pretty bad. So I took it to the Overland office to swap it for a new model, which is the DCT700, a basic SD box with composite-only outs. Fine, I can't record HD anyway. Got a Moxi for that.
Bring the 700 home, plug it in, reset the Panny DVDR, wonderful. That was Wednesday. Noticed Thursday that some of the channels were missing. Hmm. Looked at the paperwork from the 700, it says to call and have the box authorized. OK, so I do that, have the automated ping sent .... and now I have NO CHANNELS. Spend hours over the next 2 days on the phone with CSRs. No help.
Saturday morning, I go back to Overland and swap out the 700 for another 700. Get home, connect it, life is good. Then, because they told me to -- and because I must be an idiot -- I called to reset the box. Now I'm missing all of the locals and a few others up thru Ch. 26. Above that, everything is fine, including VOD.
CSRs are at a loss. My Moxi is fine, cable out of the wall to a CRT TV is fine, it's just this Moto 700.
So I've got a service call set up for Wednesday.