2Likes

post #12211 of 12220 Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
no one has mentioned it yet ...
and it has been a week ...
not that any one likely cares ...so ....

44.2 has changerd from 'exitos' to ' telexitos' or t-exitos as the dtt901 shows -
spanish programming, but different show and some movies

gone is '12 corazones' with penelope ( be still my heart)

now showing are various movies , 'the A-team' and 'Xena, warrior princess' (another of my heart throbs)

kd9fz
comments, criticisms and questions of sanity are always welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12212 of 12220 Old 11-18-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 36
My Comcast bill mentioned that TVC+Latino would be dropped on December 2. For the past month, it doesn't even have a name in the guide. I checked, and it's still TVC+Latino, which I thought was 25.2. Did it move to another broadcast channel?

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
post #12213 of 12220 Old 11-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
I looked at the AntennaCraft 10G212 preamp instructions & noticed it said not to mount the power supply in the attic, but I have no idea why not. Are you running your 3 drops using a splitter in the attic & located inbetween the preamp & power supply (presumably located inside your house)? Or did you also put the power supply in the attic?
I put the power supply in the attic. I had a light up there already, so I added an outlet. I wonder if the extreme temperatures of the attic might shorten the lifespan of the power supply.
post #12214 of 12220 Old 11-20-2014, 03:17 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonline View Post
Dan - Thanks! You are close by. So help me understand this 3 drops you mentioned. How would I go about doing it or did you outsource this job to someone (contact details)? I have a similar set-up as you. Is it possible to send it to one spot and then it gets distributed from there?
I ran some cable when the house was built, so it was easy. I have a 1-3 splitter after the pre-amp. One line goes directly to the master bedroom, one to the main floor family room, and one to the basement family room. There are a lot of ways to run the cables. Fishing the cables through un-insulated walls should not be too hard. Optionally, you could go out an eave, down the outside wall and back in to a better place. If you had cable or satellite TV previously, you can tie into the existing cabling at the most convenient place. You can run through heating or cooling ducts, too. The actual design of your cable network is really easy. Start at the source and head towards each destination, only splitting where necessary.

Yes, you absolutely can run a single cable to the most convenient place and split it there. You lose signal with each split (and connection) so just minimize them.
post #12215 of 12220 Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
good evening you guys and gals i need a little help on something yesterday i got the ota doogle for the dish hopper dvr.and today i got a clearstream 2v with mount i put it together in the house and it is in my bedroom right now on my dresser and i am picking up 7 channels right now.this is where i need the help are there installers in the streator or ottawa area who could put up and mount the antenna to the roof i also need the person to run rg6 cable from the antenna to the house and to my bedroom they would also need to ground the anternna to the house.i can pick up stations over 50 miles with this antenna and i hope many more to come once this gets done.are there any places to pick up a preamp also i cannot find one in this town i wonder if radioshack has one.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras Culver
Streator,illinois
post #12216 of 12220 Old 11-30-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
25.2 retro is gone same programming in the reve'n channel 25.3 was bought be Mako communications (25dw-d) new channel on 20.7 (owned by tuff tv) I think 23.1-.3 channels are low powered but have a better antenna in Willis tower

Last edited by ryadoggy1987; 11-30-2014 at 05:17 PM.
post #12217 of 12220 Old 12-01-2014, 04:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
It's an issue with the satellite uplink company. They made a change and it caused the satellite receivers for both Retro and Rev'n to reset to the first channel on the satellite. I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #12218 of 12220 Old 12-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I didn't see any mention of this previously. WPVN 24-3 has become MOVEE4U. Despite what you may think by the name, I've only seen half hour DYI shows in the short time I've been watching.
It's available for streaming at http://movee4u.net/.

KC9ZOU

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." - Oscar Levant
post #12219 of 12220 Old 12-02-2014, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just moved to antioh, il ... set up the rabbit ears / loop and by changing the direction of the dipole
i can get reasonably decent signal on channels 50.x, 9.x, and 7.x
the dtt-901 shows a lot of stations, from chicago and milwaukee , all with low signal .....
so i went to wal-mart and got the rca amp1450f on sale for $12.17 , the internet price

hooked the amp up and VIOLA !!! hardly and difference at all on any station

looks like my days of free over the air tv are coming to an end as the new residence doesnt have an
existing antenna, but has a feed of rg-59 cable to every room .. need to investigate which company installed it

kd9fz
comments, criticisms and questions of sanity are always welcome

Last edited by kd9fz; 12-02-2014 at 10:47 AM.
post #12220 of 12220 Old Today, 08:03 PM

Looks like analog ch 23 is now off the air
Was tuned to that station on one of our old TV
Ran a scan on the digital TV tuner to verify and no analog stations now at all
Was getting a ch 6 and 23 before
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page