26Likes

post #12571 of 12582 Old 11-28-2016, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson65 View Post
I emailed Natalie bomke on fox 32 and told her the problem and even gave the link to this thread and asked if she knew who to contact and she responded .
so hopefully someone will check on it as I cant believe they would want it to sound like it does, and maybe they are working on it already or maybe don't know because no one can contact them. so fingers crossed

Hi Erik,
Thank you for letting me know!!
I will try to find the right person to direct this to.

Take Care,
Natalie
I left a message with the engineer for WFLD/WPWR. It sounds terrible even using just the TV speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12572 of 12582 Old 11-29-2016, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sz1000 View Post
I left a message with the engineer for WFLD/WPWR. It sounds terrible even using just the TV speakers.
awesome! hopefully they will care and do something
post #12573 of 12582 Old 11-29-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson65 View Post
Quote:
awesome! hopefully they will care and do something
Call the WFLD main line and select the programming department and tell them. More people that do so makes it more noticeable.
post #12574 of 12582 Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Call the WFLD main line and select the programming department and tell them. More people that do so makes it more noticeable.

I just called and left a message also telling them about how bad the sound is. if anyone else watches the cw 50 shows call and tell them about this 312-565-5532 then hit 3 for programing department

hope its ok with the forum to post the phone number buts its a public number on the wfld site
post #12575 of 12582 Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can anyone explain why I'm not experiencing any of these audio problems?

I use Windows Media Center which sends audio over the HDMI cable to the TV and there isnt a trace of any distortion at the levels that are being describing. Granted, I'm not an audio affection-ado but i think I'd recognize a problem if I heard it. I've even tuned into ch18 out of Milwaukee and other than it's audio being 5.1, everything sounds identical and seems fine to me.
post #12576 of 12582 Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicko3 View Post
Can anyone explain why I'm not experiencing any of these audio problems?

I use Windows Media Center which sends audio over the HDMI cable to the TV and there isnt a trace of any distortion at the levels that are being describing. Granted, I'm not an audio affection-ado but i think I'd recognize a problem if I heard it. I've even tuned into ch18 out of Milwaukee and other than it's audio being 5.1, everything sounds identical and seems fine to me.
Are you on cable, antenna, sat? Do you watch Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Legends, or Supernatural?
post #12577 of 12582 Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM

Bad sounds like this, taken by another person in another forum: https://youtu.be/d6-CC_QDTAE
post #12578 of 12582 Old Today, 06:02 AM

the audio problem is there. I even record the ts stream direct on my pc with a Hauppauge hd card and the low bit audio quality is present thought not as noticeable on the pc speakers as a large tv or my dennon avr . my front left and right speakers are klipschorn so you can imagine how noticeable bad audio is. what the hell is wrong with the people that work at cw 50? you would think someone there watches the shows they have. or do they know and a hardware update is needed and they are too cheap do do it. by the way fox 32 is fine. my wife watched pitch last night and audio was great. completely ruined the supergirl-flash-arrow-legends crossover for me because of the sound.
post #12579 of 12582 Old Today, 06:49 AM

The problem in that audio clip is very noticeable, yet I've been watching those shows for weeks and have never noticed anything.

Maybe I'll be more attuned to it now that I've heard it. I'll have to redo my comparison with ch18 out of Milwaukee. I watched last night's Legends and didnt notice anything. There's always the possibility I have a tin ear too :-)

BTW, this is OTA.
post #12580 of 12582 Old Today, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
On a different issue....

What has happened to WMEU 48.1,48.2 and also WRJK 22.1 & its channels. I haven't had a signal on either channel for quite some time now. Anyone know what's going on with either of them?

R. B.
post #12581 of 12582 Old Today, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicko3 View Post
The problem in that audio clip is very noticeable, yet I've been watching those shows for weeks and have never noticed anything.

Maybe I'll be more attuned to it now that I've heard it. I'll have to redo my comparison with ch18 out of Milwaukee. I watched last night's Legends and didnt notice anything. There's always the possibility I have a tin ear too :-)

BTW, this is OTA.
Also, are you watching using TV speakers or AV receiver? If the former, what model TV?
post #12582 of 12582 Old Today, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Also, are you watching using TV speakers or AV receiver? If the former, what model TV?
It's TV speakers. I dont know the model but its a 3 yr old Samsung, 60".

The audio comes out of the HTPC via HDMI to the TV, then to the TV's speakers.. I think its 2 channel out of the computer so the computer is doing the decoding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
digital audio , wrjk