AVS Forum banner

Chicago, IL - OTA

2M views 15K replies 680 participants last post by  Mike Beranek 
#1 · (Edited)
#11,785 ·
Fusion seems not to be an OTA channel and therefore it's off-topic for this particular thread.  Now, if Fusion were to replace the redundant SD feed of LiveWell that's on 7.3 now, it would be a different story, but from what little I can gather from its site, it doesn't sound like the kind of fare one expects on broadcast television.

#11,786 ·
ramblings and comments

TOUCH-TV is causing nasty flashbacks to a couple years ago when WSNS had 44.3 and SOI - TV

BOUNCE-TV ..... i dunno, the programming is a lot repetitive, but the addition of the game shows is fresh ...

have gotten a bit addicted to 'american bible challenge' .... likely some repentent blasphemer gene kicking in

COZI-TV .... proof i have not grown up - saturday and sunday must be awake starting at 6 am to watch 'the lone ranger' and 'hopalong cassidy'

kd9fz

comments, criticisms and questions of sanity are always welcome

#11,789 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyross63  /t/815397/chicago-il-ota/11760#post_23884545

I noticed that WLS has slightly updated their news graphics and audio.

WLS brought back Eyewitness News branding on Saturday, and it came with a new graphics package . Although I don't too care for the graphics, it looks awfully similar, like a condensed version of the graphics, fellow sister-station WABC-TV. As in the name, I remember as a child, even before 1996 when it was Eyewitness News. The name should've never left WLS.

Just to get a bit off topic, I'm not fond with the new music, however. Their old theme music lasted 21 years. I thought they should've stayed with it. I didn't too much cared if they changed the graphics but the music which first debuted in 1992 became synonymous to the stations historical traditions. The new theme song, which does carry the same musical logo as it previous themes, 1983 & 1992 respectively, it lacks character than the last. What's even shocking that their new morning theme , is actually an older theme that was used previously by sister stations WABC & KABC in the mid 90s & early 2000s.

So in other words, what once was a station which stood out as being independent, having its own look and feel, now looks like almost like a clone from the other ABC O&Os. And I'm not all that impressed.

#11,791 ·
So far, 20.2 is carrying FNX (PSIP name is "FNX") with correct guide info, 23.2 still is carrying Bounce with correct guide info, and 9.3 is airing ThisTV with correct guide info.  But 26.5 still has "THIS" as its PSIP name though it is showing Bounce programming; its guide info was still ThisTV's as of a couple of hours ago but now it's Bounce's guide info but an hour late as if the PSIP generator were already using CST.

#11,793 ·
windows media center tv OTA question

while adding the new channels to the WMC , something baffled me -

the WMC sees 48.1, U Too just fine and with 5 bars of signal

but the WMC does not see 48.2 TOUCH-TV at all and no bars of signal

any other WMC user for OTA encounter this?

any ideas why?

yeah i know i am not missing anything but it piqued my curiosity

kd9fz

comments, criticismss and questions of sanity are always welcome

#11,796 ·
26.5's PSIP name changed to Bounce some time over the weekend.

RF39's programming is completely redundant for anyone who can receive RF27.  I wonder if Weigel has something else planned for 23.2 or 23.3 now.

Also, has anyone mentioned that WPVN has added Peace TV (PSIP name PEACETV) at 24.3?  Seems to be all Islamic-related programming.

#11,797 ·
I noticed it a few days ago when re-arranging a few things and hooking the RF input of my main TV to the antenna now that Comcast has gone 99.9% encryption (just the EAS details and OnDemand Preview are left.) I did update the Wikipedia page for WPVN.

I wonder why somebody edited the Chicago TV template there to put PeaceTV on 20.9?!? I guess I need to fix that.

#11,798 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd9fz  /t/815397/chicago-il-ota/11790#post_23901986

windows media center tv OTA question

while adding the new channels to the WMC , something baffled me -

the WMC sees 48.1, U Too just fine and with 5 bars of signal

but the WMC does not see 48.2 TOUCH-TV at all and no bars of signal

any other WMC user for OTA encounter this? any ideas why?

yeah i know i am not missing anything but it piqued my curiosity

kd9fz

comments, criticismss and questions of sanity are always welcome

i cant comment on your WMC problem but from what i've seen so far, 48.2 TOUCH TV may be a decent channel....its hard to explain but its kind of a strange mix of news, feature stories, commentaries, strange visuals, etc etc....

#11,799 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadoggy1987  /t/815397/chicago-il-ota/11790#post_23902246

I emailed gettv they emailed me back feb 2014 2/3/2014 debut for gettv

thanks for the update....i've also been wondering what happened to GET TV but i couldnt find anything about it....thats a long delay....i hope it happens...

#11,800 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3839  /t/815397/chicago-il-ota/11790#post_23912548

i cant comment on your WMC problem but from what i've seen so far, 48.2 TOUCH TV may be a decent channel....its hard to explain but its kind of a strange mix of news, feature stories, commentaries, strange visuals, etc etc....

The only thing I can suggest is to go into Edit Channels/Edit Sources for 48.2 and see if there are some sources listed that shouldnt be there. It should be behaving exactly like 48.1 does.