AVS Forum banner

Chicago, IL - OTA

2M views 15K replies 680 participants last post by  Mike Beranek 
#1 · (Edited)
#12,621 ·
#12,622 ·
WSPY-LD is a legal broadcast, though it should be mapping to 31-x.

https://www.rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=2003967&map=Y

Don't confuse it with WLPD-CD, which is a separate station now. (It was sold by its previous owner to be auction bait.)

- Trip
Well, I don't know or understand what is going on. I just saw a top of the hour ID and it identified the station as WLPD-CD Plano, Illinois and is on rf 32 mapping to 32.257 showing YouTooAmerica. I am not pleased that this station is blocking WMEU Chicago also on rf 32.

#12,629 ·
Well, I don't know or understand what is going on. I just saw a top of the hour ID and it identified the station as WLPD-CD Plano, Illinois and is on rf 32 mapping to 32.257 showing YouTooAmerica. I am not pleased that this station is blocking WMEU Chicago also on rf 32.
And this also explains why I cannot get WMEU, either. Two weak stations (weak out by me), duking it out makes it a no-show in DeKalb.

#12,630 ·
And this also explains why I cannot get WMEU, either. Two weak stations (weak out by me), duking it out makes it a no-show in DeKalb.
I have contacted Weigel Broadcasting about this and the reply I received stated that they are aware of the issue and working with the FCC for a resolution. I never had any problem receiving WMEU before this. From what I have been able to find out this station is officially called WSPY-LD licensed to LaSalle. If licensed to LaSalle, why broadcast from Plano right behind my home? And, why is this station mapping to 32.257 with horrid audio? Oh I bet I know, so Mr. Nelson can receive tower rental money.

#12,631 · (Edited)
I have contacted Weigel Broadcasting about this and the reply I received stated that they are aware of the issue and working with the FCC for a resolution. I never had any problem receiving WMEU before this. From what I have been able to find out this station is officially called WSPY-LD licensed to LaSalle. If licensed to LaSalle, why broadcast from Plano right behind my home? And, why is this station mapping to 32.257 with horrid audio? Oh I bet I know, so Mr. Nelson can receive tower rental money.
I didn’t know WMEU was being blocked by that station over there. The FCC should never have allowed that station on 32 IMO. Worse yet, it looks like they are called Youtoo America while blocking the Chicago YouToo UToo. Can you believe that?

#12,632 ·
I didn’t know WMEU was being blocked by that station over there. The FCC should never have allowed that station on 32 IMO. Worse yet, it looks like they are called Youtoo America while blocking the Chicago YouToo. Can you believe that?
Well, it certainly is blocking WMEU here and to the towns west of here. The folks at Weigel Broadcasting also say this station should have never been allowed on this frequency this close to Chicago. According to the folks at Weigel the station was first granted permission to broadcast from a tower further west of here but then they somehow sneaked in permission to broadcast from the current WSPY-FM tower in Plano which the FCC also approved. Supposedly the station (WSPY-LD which IDs itself as WLPD-CD at the top of the hour breaks) maps to 31.1 but it maps to 32.257 on all tvs with horrid audio. Isn't it ironic, TheUTOO being blocked by Youtoo America? I hope to hear more information from the folks at Weigel in the future.

#12,634 ·
If you want to watch Comet TV that is on WOCH, but can't pick it up, I found out there is a Roku app that just plays the broadcast feed. No login required.
I was looking at the EPG guide in Windows Media Center & just noticed Comet on channel 3.3. I could not receive it & the message said to check my antenna. Either I need to re-scan or the station is too weak.

Since I never heard of Comet I Googled it and it's supposedly on 41.2. My EPG says no data for 41.2 and again I get no signal. TVGuide online shows it on 3.3 and Zap2it doesn't list Comet at either frequency.

What channel is Comet really on? I'd like to know before I re-scan & add all kinds of channels that I have to delete.

#12,639 ·
I was wondering if Channel 3 was some sort of low power station that filled in. somehow.
That being said ever since Rovi took over the EPG for WMC it has never been 100% correct.
I wonder where TVGuide gets it data from?
That channel 3 shown is WWMT, which is based in the Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids/Battle Creek areas of Michigan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWMT