Minneapolis, MN - Charter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the official local HDTV programming forum for Charter Communications in the southeastern suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

QAM channel lineup for unencrypted HD channels only

Performing an autosearch for channels allows numerous premium channels to be viewed for about 5 minutes, then they scramble and disappear. Perhaps the encryption is not continuous, but every 5 minutes or so.

Network QAM Channel Format Charter Channel
CBS HD - 4.1 and 93.3 1080i 784
ABC HD - 5.1 and 94.1 720p 785
Fox HD - 9.1 and 94.2 720p 789
NBC HD - 11.1 and 93.1 1080i 781
PBS HD - 92.48 only 1080i 782

Full HD Lineup:
770 HDNet Hi-Def Tier
771 HDNet Movies Hi-Def Tier
773 ESPN HD Hi-Def Tier
774 ESPN2 HD Hi-Def Tier
775 Discovery HD Theater Hi-Def Tier
776 Cinemax HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
777 HBO HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
778 Showtime HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
779 Starz HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
781 KARE-DT - NBC Hi-Def Lifeline
782 KTCA-DT - PBS Hi-Def Lifeline
784 WCCO-DT - CBS Hi-Def Lifeline
785 KSTP-DT - ABC Hi-Def Lifeline
789 KMSP-DT - FOX Hi-Def Lifeline
792 Fox Sports Net North - HD Hi-Def Tier
793 Universal HD Hi-Def Tier
794 MHD Hi-Def Tier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 73
When you get the Charter HD channel lineup together, please add it to Post #1. If things change, if you can keep the first post in this thread updated - it would be appreciated.

Added to the Thread Index.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-18-2007, 02:16 PM

Any idea if they will ever be adding Fox Sports HD stuff? The only HD sports channel I seem to get is ESPN.

I'll list my full HD lineup in a bit.
post #4 of 12 Old 04-20-2007, 09:21 AM

Wow ... someone from Charter must have seen my thread!

Just yesterday they added 4 more HD Channels to their lineup (nice to see that two of them are sports channels):
ESPN2
Starz
Fox Sports Net
MHD (MTV)

Here's the full HD lineup:
770 HDNet Hi-Def Tier
771 HDNet Movies Hi-Def Tier
773 ESPN HD Hi-Def Tier
774 ESPN2 HD Hi-Def Tier
775 Discovery HD Theater Hi-Def Tier
776 Cinemax HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
777 HBO HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
778 Showtime HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
779 Starz HDTV-East Hi-Def Premium
781 KARE-DT - NBC Hi-Def Lifeline
782 KTCA-DT - PBS Hi-Def Lifeline
784 WCCO-DT - CBS Hi-Def Lifeline
785 KSTP-DT - ABC Hi-Def Lifeline
789 KMSP-DT - FOX Hi-Def Lifeline
792 Fox Sports Net North - HD Hi-Def Tier
793 Universal HD Hi-Def Tier
794 MHD Hi-Def Tier
post #5 of 12 Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 AM

795 A&E HD High Def Tier
796 History HD High Def Tier
797 TNT HD High Def Tier
798 TWC HD High Def Tier
post #6 of 12 Old 04-15-2008, 01:10 PM

New QAM listing:

100.1 - FSN North HD 720p - 792
(Only available when games are broadcast in HD)

This is an unencrypted channel, as I was able to view it on 3 seperate TVs.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-01-2008, 05:17 PM

I see that you were getting fsn-hd on 100.1 as of April 15th. I was getting that also. But for at least the past week that station comes up as no signal. Before when there wasn't a game on it would show at least a test pattern. Now it's nothing for me. All the other non-encrypted channels are still there. It's just fsn that's gone missing. Does it still work for you on that channel? I called Charter and they were no help.

Thanks,
Clint Anderson
post #8 of 12 Old 01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
From KARE11.com

Vikings face possible blackout; thousands of playoff tickets still up for grabs

New Year's Day, football and JJ's Clubhouse. For Mark Sculati and Jay Griep, it's about as good as it gets.

Already, the two are predicting a big win for the Vikings this Sunday. Not that they'll be in the dome watching it. They -- like so many people -- have their reasons for staying home, instead.

"Everybody's got flat-screened T.V.s. It's so nice watching it from the living room on HDTV rather than going to the dome," said Sculati. "I think the economy, I think that has a lot to do with it, why they aren't selling out," said Griep.

Whatever the reason, as of noon Thursday, the Vikings had eight thousand tickets left to sell for their first playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday. The deadline for selling the remaining tickets is 3:30 p.m. Friday.

"We're cautiously optimistic. We have a lot of work to do in the next 24 hours," said Steve LaCroix, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for the Minnesota Vikings. LaCroix says the holidays definitely distracted fans -- preventing them from buying playoff tickets.

But he realizes season ticket holders are also not coming through with purchases. At one point, only 55 percent of season ticket holders were buying playoff tickets. Still, he says, that trend is both costly and convenient for fans hoping to score a few good seats.

"Really the post season is where some really special things can happen. Maybe we did qualify for the playoffs on the last day, but we still won the division. Still hosting the first round game," LaCroix said.

Besides taking a toll on the team's morale, if thousands of tickets remain unclaimed, viewers at home could face a blackout. And, LaCroix says, fans at the dome a greenout.

"I know in Philadelphia there's an active movement to get some of their fans to come to the Twin Cities for the weekend. We want to keep it purple and a home field advantage," LaCroix said.

In the past, the T.V. station that broadcasts the game has stepped in at the last minute to buy the remaining unsold tickets. But LaCroix says stations have previously only purchased about a thousand tickets.

On Thursday night, Fox 9 News, which is airing the game on Sunday, did not comment on what the station plans to do.

Meantime, the team hopes fans come forward before anyone else to ensure a home team advantage during the first home playoff game in eight years.

The team is also clarifying a misconception among fans about having to buy all playoff tickets ahead of time. LaCroix says the team has a "Pay As You Play" program which allows the team to charge a fan's credit card only if the team advances.

Fans who buy their tickets by check will need to request a refund from the team, otherwise the money will go toward tickets for next season.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #9 of 12 Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 AM

Hello all,

I live in the Farmington/Lakeville area and use Charter for Internet and Phone. I am able to pick up some clear QAM local stations on my HDTVs through Charter. A little over a week ago, Charter scrambled the PBS stations (2-1, 2-2, and 2-3). I have tried rescanning with no luck. I tried talking to Charter with no luck. Has anyone else seen the same behavior?

Thanks for the help.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Topics merged.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #11 of 12 Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Topics merged.

Thanks. I tried posting here and received a warning about this being a dormant thread.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy330 View Post

Hello all,

I live in the Farmington/Lakeville area and use Charter for Internet and Phone. I am able to pick up some clear QAM local stations on my HDTVs through Charter. A little over a week ago, Charter scrambled the PBS stations (2-1, 2-2, and 2-3). I have tried rescanning with no luck. I tried talking to Charter with no luck. Has anyone else seen the same behavior?

Thanks for the help.

If you don't subscribe to TV service from Charter, they have the right to put a trap on your line and block you from accessing some or all of the clear QAM stations, as tuning them in without paying for them is, after all, theft. Just consider yourself lucky you got any channels for any length of time.

The best solution would be to pay for the channels, of course, or set up an antenna to get the local channels that were available through clear QAM. The Farmington/Lakeville area should still be close enough to the primary transmitting towers in Shoreview that an indoor antenna, positioned far enough away from TV to eliminate any interference, should work, though this will depend largely on where exactly you are located.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page