Eugene/Springfield, OR - OTA - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well KWVT has launched a translator in the Albany, Lebanon, Corvallis area from Peterson butte outside Lebanon. they are working on making the signal stronger next week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 11:24 AM

I'm in Corvallis and after about two years of having no TVGOS data, I started receiving it again suddenly with no thanks to KVAL. According to my DVR (Sony DHG-HDD500), the TVGOS data is coming from Channel 31.0 KLSR (Fox) out of Eugene. I don't understand why the data isn't coming from the stronger Channel 34.1, but I'm just happy to have a guide again.

Sorry to wake this thread from the dead, but I felt people in the Eugene area with TVGOS devices might want to know.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM

I realize this is an old thread, but I wanted to see if there was any updated information on channels in my area.

We bought a GE 'enhanced' HDTV antenna and after setting it up, I'm only getting two channels. ABC and Live Well Network. I'm wondering if I'm just doing it wrong or something else is up?

We do have an HD TV but new to the whole HD channel over air thing.. Always used cable.

Any tips/advice would be great!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Where are you located?

You are only getting one broadcast stream, KEZI 9.1/9.2 (real channel 9) - Live Well is the secondary channel.

If you are somewhere in the metro area, you should also get CBS/This on 13.1/13.2 (real channel 13), NBC/CW on 16.1/16.2 (real channel 17), PBS on 28.1/.28.2/28.3 (real channel 28), and Fox/MyNetwork on 34.1/34.2 (real channel 31).

Check http://www.tvfool.com for directions from your location. 9 & 16 are on the Coburg Hills, and the others are on Blanton Heights.
No5moking likes this.

I love the digital transition. The voices in my head just say 0 and 1 now.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM

I live near the McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center in Springfield.

what is the reason behind only getting those two channels? just my location or antenna? I'm I pretty much screwed on any other channel?

thanks for the reply

edit: I checked out that link you gave. Trouble is, i'm not sure what I'm looking at or how to use the information =/

Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM

You should be able to pick up 16 as well there with only a paper clip in the center of the antenna jack, much less a real antenna. Try turning the UHF section (loop or something) or the whole antenna; if you have an amplifier, try it turned OFF or just barely on (that's where I have mine in NW EUG). Heck, try scanning with nothing hooked up!

Wait a minute - is your TV still set up to scan cable channels? That might cause you to only get KEZI...
No5moking likes this.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman_ba View Post

Wait a minute - is your TV still set up to scan cable channels? That might cause you to only get KEZI...

As soon as I read this my eyes bugged out and I immediately went to my TV and looked for that. I'm such a newb lol. THAT was the problem. It was set for cable the whole time.

There's about 11 channels now! Oddly though, there is 3 that show the same programing just different channels =/

Simple fix, but I don't think I would have figured it out without your help. So a big thanks!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Glad I could help. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box - that's one of the things my weird brain is good at....

In reference to your "odd" issue, you must be referring to PBS - they have a translator that has about as strong a signal as their main transmitter at my place. Plus they are the only one with a ."3" subchannel.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 PM

Curious how many channels some of you are able to get here in Eugene. At present I get 21 channels using a homemade 3 array yagi anntena mounted off the wall inside our house. Grant some are the same channel though.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:14 PM

I get 16 with a set of "amplified" rabbit ears and a Radio Shack bowtie, tied together with a VHF/UHF combiner. Can get 3 or 4 extra Christian ones if I hook up my Radio Shack UFO (but I don't really have space for it on the TV stand!) What am I missing?

Old 01-24-2014, 08:26 AM

I found when I started out with a bowtie style antenna with an amplifier, the amp didn't help one bit. From what you are describing you really could use a directional antenna. Doesn't need to be huge either. The one I built is about 12" long and 8" wide using pvc for the boom and some copper tubing I have from a refrigerator water dispenser (wasn't easy to straighten, but I managed anyways). You can use aluminum tubing or even metal coat hanger. Beings I am new here, not sure if I am allowed to post a picture of it beside a ruler for comparison. I should still take a picture and post it on one of the picture sites and find a way to share it with anyone who requests it, but pretty sure I read that isn't allowed.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 PM

What's your channel list? I think I receive everything I want to with my current setup.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Right now I am only getting 16 channels. The time of day really changes how many will be available, but just off the top of my head:

KEZI-HD, KEZI-SD, KMTR, 3 channels of OPB, 3 Christian channels and I believe one News channel and ABC, not sure about FOX, doesn't seem like I've ever gotten that one, but working on it. I'll do another scan, but I've noticed when the sun is out such as it is now, I get less channels. 

Will update when I get all 21 again. I experiment with antenna's I've been making, thus the several scan's.

UPDATE:

2x KEZI

4x KEVU

2x KLSR

3x OPB

2x KMTR

2x KVAL

2x KHWB

4 more I can't get in right now, but as I said before, the sun and weather over-all really messes things up. My son however gets 21, but I made a 11 array yagi yesterday and his room is upstairs which really helps.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Have you been to tvfool.com to see where to aim your antenna to pick up other channels? Seems like you should be able to reach the mid-Valley at least with your setup.