Time Warner - how dare they? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-03-2007, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My cable provider is driving me insane! My wife loves 7th Heaven and Gilmore girls which comes on the HD varient of KWTX on a channel called TheCW. It's on 10.2 and despite the fact that any household could buy an antenna, and recieve the HD signal for free, my cable company thinks they have a right to charge over and above the basic cable price AND make me rent special equipment to see it.

Because I'm an an obnoxious customer, I've decided not to pay them another thin dime and I'm considering eliminating cable all together. After all, ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX are by far the biggest stations and produce the best TV. Since we now run our cable through our own PVR system (SageTV) all prerecorded on a hard drive big enough to choke Bin Laden's camel, I see no reason to spend another dollar with those greedy SOBs.

I have purchased a HD antenna and a special tuner card to tune to that channel for her and now find out that I might be able (at least while I'm still a proud, and obnoxious customer) to get the HD channel they have put on digital channel 1014.

Does anyone know any tricks on how to recieve this channel without the separate box from Time Warner?

SageTV PVR with a HD big enough to choke Bin Laden's camel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2007, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Someone at Radio Shack the other day, told me that he had customers that had been able to get cable tv if they subscribed only to internet from Time Warner. Does anyone know if this is possible, or vice versa?

I have both broadband and cable now via Time Warner in Waco, TX.

SageTV PVR with a HD big enough to choke Bin Laden's camel.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page