AVS Forum Club Gold
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boxborough, MA, USA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have negative comments on the new setup:
1) The gaudy colors are pervasive, including taking over my scroll bar.
2) I cannot get more posts on a single screen, desipte preferences. Should be able to get 50 or whatever.
3) Column spacing does not optimize based on width, a wide column for a short topic starter and a compressed title column not showing the number of thread pages (e.g., 3rd Boston thread) doesn't make sense.
4) It updates every change, which is timeconsuming, even if just back paging. (We all don't have broadband!!!).
5) Most important: color does not change for read threads per browser defaults. This was a good visual queue for threads of interest or at least not to reread the same info based on nebuluous titles or senior moments.
1) It would be good if the above could be fixed.
2) I don't know the value of subscribing to forums, but I know what it could be. The Forum drop down could finally be useful if it was context sensitive to show subscribed forums. Then I wouldn't need 6 icons in my kink bar on my browser for the forums I visit regularly. This would be a step forward.
Selling Anthem PVA7.
STABILITY + Superior audio (SC09-TX) + Incredible picture (VPL-VW200) + good integration.