Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a HDTV with a QAM tuner.

Has anyone already put together a list, matching up the QAM tuner channel numbers, with Service Electric's channel numbers?

I have figured out a couple of them. For example, QAM channel 112-3 is SECTV channel 510 (NBC-HD). I just thought before I go down the path of trying to create a conversion list, I would see if anyone already did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-01-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

I just got a HDTV with a QAM tuner.

Has anyone already put together a list, matching up the QAM tuner channel numbers, with Service Electric's channel numbers?

I have figured out a couple of them. For example, QAM channel 112-3 is SECTV channel 510 (NBC-HD). I just thought before I go down the path of trying to create a conversion list, I would see if anyone already did it.

Just found this thread, and your post is quite old by now, but just though I'd comment. Too bad I didn't see this back in June. I used to keep a detailed spreadsheet of the QAM channels, but got tired of SECTV always moving them on me, so I broke down and got the HD box (the DVR service is really nice, which was my main reason for getting it). Based on what a neighbor tells me, they've moved the channels around in September, so my list is certainly out of date.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 PM

I have the basic HD package with SECTV in the Lehigh Valley. Channel 531 Versus is listed on their web site as being included in the basic package. I contacted SECTV customer service, and it is supposed to be included. They rebooted my box, but it still does not come in. Is anyone else getting 531 with the basic HD package?
post #4 of 5 Old 11-02-2007, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoodr View Post

I used to keep a detailed spreadsheet of the QAM channels, but got tired of SECTV always moving them on me, ...

Since I posted, I found a helpful "friend" who gave me a copy of a copy of a copy, of SECTV's official QAM to STB channel numbers.

However, you are right. SECTV moves their cable stations around, from one QAM channel number to another, almost weekly.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-02-2007, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoodr View Post

I have the basic HD package with SECTV in the Lehigh Valley. Channel 531 Versus is listed on their web site as being included in the basic package. I contacted SECTV customer service, and it is supposed to be included. They rebooted my box, but it still does not come in. Is anyone else getting 531 with the basic HD package?

For my main TV, I have SECTV's STB with full HD service. With that, I do indeed get Versus HD and channel 531.

Now for my other TV, the one with the built-in digital QAM tuner, I can also say that I get Verus HD "in the clear".

However, with the QAM tuner, I have noticed other HD channels "in the clear" too, that are not available with the STB. Right now, these are the HD versions of the NYC broadcast stations (our SD 9,11, and 13).

The reason I even mention it, it does seem that sending digital channels down the cable, and allowing the STB to make them available, are two different things. Versus HD might be sent down the cable "in the clear", but SECTV doesn't have your STB's enabled to show it is available.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page