Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 2086 Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nope all LTE

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT Vz or D*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2086 Old 04-07-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post

Nope all LTE
Impressive because you know there were MANY others using that bandwidth too!

Robert F Corbin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 | Virginia Media News & Information

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #2073 of 2086 Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Official Page for Quantum TV

http://www.verizon.com/home/mlp/fiosquantumtv?CMP=SOC-CON_2014-Q2_CD-FBK-qntmtvpost_001_0001

Press Release:
http://newscenter.verizon.com/corporate/news-articles/2014/04-01-new-fios-quantum-tv-service-with-more-choices/
Quote:
Verizon intends to redefine customers’ TV viewing experience with the introduction of FiOS Quantum TV, which provides more choices and control, including the ability to record up to 12 shows at once; pause and rewind live TV on any TV in the home; and store up to 200 hours of HD programs. This advanced TV-entertainment experience is enabled by enhanced DVR control and storage and builds upon the Verizon’s successful Quantum Internet service.

The new service will roll out in phases over the next few months in markets where FiOS TV is offered, and it can be ordered immediately by customers in North Texas and Harrisburg, Pa., where beta trials were conducted.

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT Vz or D*
post #2074 of 2086 Old 05-19-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Faster VZW LTE speeds are coming in the near future
http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2014/05/verizon-wireless-xlte.html

post #2075 of 2086 Old 05-19-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It must be in HR because I just happened to do a speedtest yesterday in Great Neck and got these blazing speeds!

Test Date: May 18, 2014 3:43 PM
Download: 63.49 Mbps
Upload: 33.35 Mbps
Ping: 53 ms
Connection Type: Cellular
Server: Richmond, VA
External IP: 70.192.198.216
Internal IP: 10.186.194.78
Latitude: 36.8740
Longitude: -76.0382
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=36.874027,-76.038224

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/852054708

Robert F Corbin

email:

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #2076 of 2086 Old 05-19-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice I just got 40 down and 12 up at ECPI- vb campus. Can't wait till we see speeds like NYC everywhere
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/832797826

832797826.png

post #2077 of 2086 Old 05-19-2014, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nice I just got 40 down and 12 up at ECPI- vb campus. Can't wait till we see speeds like NYC everywhere
The list of cities says "Greater Hampton Roads." I guess I'm not... Same speeds here at home...

Robert F Corbin

email:

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #2078 of 2086 Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quantum TV
Quote:
This advanced TV-entertainment experience -- which was launched today (May 20) in the Hampton Roads area, along with parts of Maryland, Washington, D.C., northern Virginia and the Richmond area -- is enabled by enhanced DVR control and storage. With FiOS Quantum TV’s Premium DVR Service tier, customers can record up to 12 shows simultaneously, eliminating worries about recording conflicts when customers’ favorite shows -- or Nationals, Redskins, DC United, Capitals or Wizards games -- are all airing at the same time. With the Premium Service’s ability to store up to 200 hours of HD programming with its two terabytes of storage space, customers also can easily record and retain entire seasons of their favorite TV shows, giving them more control and more storage to enjoy their content in ways they never could before. - See more at: http://newscenter.verizon.com/corporate/news-articles/2014/05-20-fios-quantum-tv-hampton-roads/#sthash.aFpMGSPw.dpuf

post #2079 of 2086 Old 05-25-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Holy smokes!!! This came from the tower at the Courthouse in VB. We were at McD's... If I had to guess, the tower is at least 200 maybe 300 yards away.

Robert F Corbin

email:

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #2080 of 2086 Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Verizon can have their Quantum BS. $22 - $32 PER MONTH! OMG. Sorry kids, I'm not playing that game.

HDTV.....or not......Is the HDTV picture quality we have come to love threatened? Will we look back at what we "used" to have? ........I hope not........
post #2081 of 2086 Old 05-29-2014, 05:14 AM

Odds and Ends from the FiOS Store.
Stopped by the FiOS store on V.B. Blvd @ Willis Wayside Wednesday and found out a couple of things.
- They have no Quantum hardware and would not speculate on when they would have some.
- My 2-year agreement expires in 20 days. Store folks say they are not permitted to negotiate a new one with me until after current one expires. They did acknowledge I could negotiate online now, which I am doing
post #2082 of 2086 Old 05-29-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrin View Post

My 2-year agreement expires in 20 days. Store folks say they are not permitted to negotiate a new one with me until after current one expires. They did acknowledge I could negotiate online now, which I am doing
I have FiOS voice and data only. My agreement is also ending. A letter from them is giving me $15/mo off per month if I re-sign up for the double bundle...

Robert F Corbin

email:

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #2083 of 2086 Old 07-22-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Got my new symmetrical speeds here in Virginia Beach...

Robert F Corbin

email:

facebook:

twitter:

linkedin:

google+:

pinterest:

post #2084 of 2086 Old 07-22-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARTV View Post
Got my new symmetrical speeds here in Virginia Beach...

Free upgrade or do you have to pay for it?

Edit: Nevermind, found the option when I went to manage my services on MyVerizon. Upgraded, no cost increase but did extend my agreement by 3 months. Five minutes after I put the request in it was done.

Last edited by kes601; 07-22-2014 at 11:26 AM.
post #2085 of 2086 Old 09-10-2014, 06:31 AM

V.B. FiOS Contract Renewal

V.B. FiOS Fans - What Can You Tell The City Of Virginia Beach as they prepare to renew Verizon's cable TV franchise? They would like to hear from you, via this online survey:
http://www.vbgov.com/government/depa...e-Renewal.aspx
post #2086 of 2086 Old 09-12-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Good Find

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page