Hampton Roads, Va - Verizon - Page 71 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2101 of 2104 Old 04-20-2015, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kes601 View Post
So, how has Verizon been performing lately in Hampton Roads -- both Internet and TV quality? Only a month out now until I can switch back to Verizon if I want to, but at this point nothing I have experienced from Cox makes me want to leave them. The only two "pluses" on the Verizon side is that the house is already hooked up to Verizon (no service appt necessary) and their new Custom HD TV package and 50/50 Internet would run me under $100/month for 24 months.

Thanks for any insight.
You're with COX now, right?

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

email: editor@VARTV.com
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2104 Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARTV View Post
You're with COX now, right?
Correct, been with Cox for the past 6 months. Currently living in an apartment where that was the only choice.

House we will be moving to is currently wired for Verizon. Obviously just requires a run of cable from the street to the house to switch to Cox.
post #2103 of 2104 Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
VZ Vs COX in Great Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes601 View Post
So, how has Verizon been performing lately in Hampton Roads -- both Internet and TV quality?
Thanks for any insight.
Since VZ-wise we would be close to each other in location and both served by the same C.O. I would have to say, for my part, I'm happy. I have their triple-play - have had no problems and well satisfied by picture quality and internet performance. I support 2 PCs, a laptop, 5 TVs, WiFi in the house and a PS3. I wired the house years ago.
I would ensure that you are talking apples and apples when you start comparing the two, and that, with VZ Custom, you ensure you have looked at the number of additional packages you will need to cover the TV shows y'all want to watch.
And pay attention if sports is an interest, as ESPN says VZ is in violation of their contract by placing them in a separate package. Have no clue where that fight will lead.
Also, if you must have TWC, it went away while you were gone, and, for now, isn't coming back. ACCUWeather just provides a different kind of coverage,

So, you pays your money and you takes your choice, I guess.
Let me know if I can help
Roy Starrin
post #2104 of 2104 Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrin View Post
Since VZ-wise we would be close to each other in location and both served by the same C.O. I would have to say, for my part, I'm happy. I have their triple-play - have had no problems and well satisfied by picture quality and internet performance. I support 2 PCs, a laptop, 5 TVs, WiFi in the house and a PS3. I wired the house years ago.
I would ensure that you are talking apples and apples when you start comparing the two, and that, with VZ Custom, you ensure you have looked at the number of additional packages you will need to cover the TV shows y'all want to watch.
And pay attention if sports is an interest, as ESPN says VZ is in violation of their contract by placing them in a separate package. Have no clue where that fight will lead.
Also, if you must have TWC, it went away while you were gone, and, for now, isn't coming back. ACCUWeather just provides a different kind of coverage,

So, you pays your money and you takes your choice, I guess.
Let me know if I can help
Roy Starrin
Thanks for the info, knowing your Internet performance out of the same CO is good, makes me think of going back with Verizon is the way to go.

Current thought is Internet only, antennas for local networks, and Sling TV for the few cable channels we want (we subscribe to it with Cox right now too). Brings the total out to just about $100/month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception