Source of information - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-21-2001, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some may not be aware of an e-publication called HDTV magazine.

HDTV Magazine

Here's an exerpt of a message I sent today:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also want to let you know that you put out an excellent product. Everything is very informative and I read completely on a daily basis.

I just read your last publication concerning the CEA Fall Conference and then I went to your main web page. I started thinking back to when I first subscribed. I actually thought I would receive a tangible publication through the mail (obviously I just learned to read). Nevertheless, think about when you buy a magazine. Especially a specialty magazine like Home Theatre or the such. What are they filled with? Advertisements!

I suggest that our plight to encourage the transition of America to HDTV requires more than just channel listings and a great article every so often. America and your future subscribers need education about what their equipment options are, what programming is available in their area, and so on. As an example, on your main page you have a link called Reviews. It covers the Samsung STB. I remeber when you sent that out in the daily publication a while back. I know that information was extremely helpful to all that read it.

We need help making puchase decisions and that can only come from a resource that can educate us on whats out there. Do more reviews and provide links to other sources that do provide this information.

You might consider on a monthly basis, publishing (e-mail or paper) a "resource catalog" to help bring everyone up to speed so they can make an educated decision to go forward with their HDTV decision.

Thanks for listening,

-------------------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page