Mexican HDTV - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 692 Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Pirate Ship Pasión HD I know it looks bad when you see the Full size picture, but even HD has it's zoom limits.

Colunga in HD

Everything was going fine until they turned it off at about 8:40 PM when the commercials started and they left it off.

I also Noticed that TV Azteca changed the Logos 25 HD is now 13 HD and 24 HD is now 7 HD

I'm thinking that they're at least getting ready to to start showing some HD Programing from Azteca 7 on this channel, in the next couple of weeks, or even worse get rid of the 24/7 HD programming all to together. I've Heard that the Cable Companies don't like this channel, because it shows programs from Discovery HD Theater and similar HD Channels that Are available in Mexico City, and Probably other places in Mexico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 692 Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2631 View Post

Today I noticed a new HD 13 logo that used to be HD 25 on
28 (28.1) XHJK-HD 2 hr delay of TV Azteca 25 XHDF-HD

Now THIS IS HD, not the crap Televisa is showing...

I also noticed the logo change, perhaps they changed the channel number, I think they changed the tuning channel number in Mexico City. I'm still waiting for a 'true' channel 20-1 (where they air US shows and stuff), this would make 3 Azteca HD channels!

Talking about 20-1, when they air some movies, I think most are upconvert from DVD, if they somehow get a HD-DVD or blue ray format they will rock our world! The true HD documentaries and stuff they air rule! (I even impressed several people with them). I noticed some movies look better than others, like Dinosaur seems like HD-DVD type while others seen grainy.

No word on the 56-1 (Mexico City's 5-1) channel airing here?

They have not returned my emails and BTW I also got my email rejected from the Pasion novela feedback.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #63 of 692 Old 09-21-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Now THIS IS HD, not the crap Televisa is showing...

I know that looks great, it's from "Se Busca un Hombre". I think they bought the most Expensive HD Cameras out there, I don't think it's just the lack of compression that makes the picture look so good. I've seen "Muchachitas Como Tu", and now Pasión in HD and they don't look as good as Azteca's HD. Pasión HD looks a lot better than Muchachitas Como Tu HD, but neither of them is close to Azteca's HD.

Quote:

Talking about 20-1, when they air some movies, I think most are upconvert from DVD, if they somehow get a HD-DVD or blue ray format they will rock our world! The true HD documentaries and stuff they air rule! (I even impressed several people with them). I noticed some movies look better than others, like Dinosaur seems like HD-DVD type while others seen grainy.

Some of the movies look bad, and it seems like they cut the sides off on some movies to make them fit the 16:9 aspect ratio. I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon on Starz HD and it was shown letterboxed.

Quote:

No word on the 56-1 (Mexico City's 5-1) channel airing here?

No I keep doing channel scans every once in a while, and I've checked the COFETEL WEBSITE and Still nothing. I think they're buying the equipment to Broadcast HD and once they get it installed COFETEL will approve them.
post #64 of 692 Old 09-24-2007, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!, I live in Durango Dgo. Mex. I wanna know if I can watch the Azteca HD or Televisa HD Channels in my city using some kind of antenas etc., I'm asking this because of the 'proximity' with Cd. juarez, monterrey and guadalajara. Thanks in advance.
post #65 of 692 Old 09-24-2007, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm sorry to tell you this but it looks like you won't be able to get any channels from these cities. I used Google maps, and it looks like Durango is quite far from Juarez, Monterrey, and Guadalajara. I know that Chihuahua is about 4 to 5 hours away by bus, and it looks like Chihuahua is the half way point between Juarez and Durango. So that is like 8-10 hours from Juarez to Durango. So Juarez seem to be too far for an Antenna to reach from Durango. Monterrey seems to be Closer, but Still too far. Guadalajara Seems to be the closest to Durango, but if it's farther than 200 miles(320 Kilometers) You won't get an stations. The farthest I've ever heard an Outdoor Antenna is allowed go is 200 miles if it goes any further than that, you will get too many stations, and the chances of interference increase. If you tell us the distance Durango is from These Three cities, we will be able to help you better. By using the information from Google maps, It looks like you won't be able to get any Digital TV Stations from these cities.

If you can't get any Digital Stations from These Cities, You will have to see if your cable company has Any Mexican HD Channels. if they don't you could get the Mexican Free to air HD channels By installing A Big Satellite Dish and getting and HD Receiver for it. I know that when I had A Big Dish a long time ago I could watch Mexican Free to Air Channels On the Two Mexican Satellites Morelos 1, and Morelos 2. So I'm sure That the Free To Air Mexican HD Channels are On these satellites, or a New One I've Heard is up now Called SatMex 6, You Just Need an HD Satellite Dish and an HD Receiver.

On to other matters Canal de las Estrellas Juarez is still sucking big time. there was no HD for Pasión today, and Friday. I really don't understand how the guy still couldn't know that Pasión is in HD, Didn't he see the 10 Minutes of HD they showed on Thursday. The only semi-reasonable conclusion I can come to is that this station doesn't have an HDTV, or a way to preview the HD signal before they send it out. I know it's far fetched, but that's the only reasonable explanation I Could come to. It would be easy for them to get away with this too, since few people would really believe it enough to consider Reporting it to COFETEL, but I've had it I can't stand this anymore I'm reporting them. They do have at least one Violation, They send out the wrong call sign on The Digital Channel. I'm also reporting them for possibly not having an HDTV. maybe if they loose some of their money they will consider it enough of an incentive to get this channel working right.
post #66 of 692 Old 09-27-2007, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well I've got some Bad News, and some Good News.

The bad news is that Canal de las Estrellas Juarez still isn't showing Pasión in HD

On Tuesday They showed about a minute of Pasión in HD, and then they turned it off, and this image stayed frozen for about a minute.

then they turned on the upconvert.

The Good News is that I found a Phone # in the El Paso, TX Phone book That said Televisa. I called Today and complained About Pasión, and The young lady there said she would call The Station, and then call me back. So Here's hoping that they fix this. One more thing I'm almost sure that Televisa has Phone # in other American border cities so if anyone wants to complain they should check the Phonebook first, In the Television stations section.

I recorded Ventaneando in HD Friday and I saw about 3 HD commercials. One of them was for their morning show.

I took a picture using the Computer, and it did look like HD, I even changed the resolution of the photo from 1080X1920 to 1080X1440 and the people looked to skinny. Here are two photos in the original resolution so y'all can judge for yourselves.

the other HD commercial was for TV Azteca and It also looked HD.

There was a third commercial, but I wasn't too sure if it was HD because toward the End the people looked stretched. I'm going to look at it a little more, and see if it's HD.
post #67 of 692 Old 09-28-2007, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I know Pasion is still shown in S-o-V, my wife is mad now (she likes that soap so bad), now she prefers to watch it in the regular analog TV, and it looks better than in "HD".

In other matters I'm having trouble watching analog Channel 26, it seems they have a weak signal, getting lots static and cut sound while the SD 26-1 one seems fine. This problem has been present for more than a week, My antenna seems just fine as I can see all HD and all other Analog channels very good (maybe except channel 40-0).

post #68 of 692 Old 09-29-2007, 04:31 PM

Thanks for the advices cube799. Now, look here's the situation, I have a DirecTV dish in my house, I don't use it anymore because DirecTV 'left' the country, so I'm wondering if is possible to sintonize some of the HD channels using the dish and my TV, that has a built-in HDTV receiver. I only need to know if the HD signal come from the mexican satellites and what is its location. If you or anybody could help me I really appreciate.
post #69 of 692 Old 09-30-2007, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

@ murdoc129

I don't think that will work, Although I've always wondered what would happen if someone connects a Small dish to a Big Satellite HD Receiver. What you would need, if your Cable company Doesn't have HD, is a Big Satellite dish, and I Mean Big like the size of two people. This might be a problem if you live in an Apartment or your paying rent. You're going to have to search the Durango phone books for satellite systems, or satellite dishes. When you find one that sells the Big Dishes, they should tell you what the Mexican Satellites are, and what channels the Free To Air Mexican HD Channels are on. That I know of there are 3, Morelo 1, and 2, and SatMex 6.

DrLar you should use your wife's anger to see if one of the other Televisa Stations will give you the number for Channel 32. I'm sure that if some one calls Canal 2 Tu Canal angry enough, and demanding the number for Canal 32, they'll give it to them. Then when you get the number, she can call, and yell at them. I really don't understand how Televisa would allow one of their TV Stations to operate so badly.

First they were showing half of Muchachitas Como Tu in SD, and Half in HD, and now they're not even showing Pasion in HD. I'm almost sure, that someone from Televisa Headquarters had to call the Juarez station to Get them to fix the Problem with the 6:00 PM soap, because for about a month now, it's been shown mostly in HD. on Thursday, the guy turned on the HD at about 6:15 PM, but on Friday he turned it on right after the song ended, at about 6:02 PM. I'm thinking someone got yelled at.

It looks Like Televisa is getting ready to do something about this Pasión Problem. Last week they started to add time to the programs before Pasión. It was starting at about 8:37 PM, and one day it started at 8:42 PM. I think someone at the Mexico City channel was doing this on purpose to see if some one at the other HD Channels would forget to turn off the switch when Juan Ended. It looks like this backfired on them since Juan Querendon is so Popular, that the people who control the Switch watch it as well. They stopped this on Friday, so I'm thinking that Televisa is getting ready to call the Juarez HD Channel, and other HD Channels that aren't showing Pasión in HD. They should have never allowed this to happen in the first place, especially since it's supposed to be the most popular Novela, and it's on during Primetime. They should leave The Red Logo on from 6 PM to 10:30 PM, and if heat is an issue they can turn off the HD during the Commercials, it's not like any of them are in HD anyway.
post #70 of 692 Old 10-01-2007, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I watched some HD Football this Weekend On TV Azteca, and even they have problems. They don't put the time on the screen, I had to check the Analog channel to see the time.

Also they can make the score box transparent, I noticed this the last time I saw HD Football on TV Azteca. This is how the box should be all the time, Transparent, but not so transparent that you can't read the letters.

Televisa Showed 2 games on the HD Channel on Sunday, but either they weren't in HD, or they forgot to flip the Switch. even worse they were stretched and looked Terrible. It was fuzzy and blurry, like how someone Sees when they forget to wear their Glasses.

On Muchachitas 2.0 they show black bars on the commercials they make the actors do, but they still show the logo where it normally is.

This is how they they should show Programs that aren't in HD. They could even do this with the white logo. That way they please people who don't like stretching, and they don't get complaints from people who thought their HDTVs were broken cause they saw the Black Bars.

Also here's a video I uploaded to Stage 6 that shows about five minutes of Pasion in HD. Toward the end the Guy turned off the switch. In the original video there was a frozen Image for about 5 minutes, but I edited it and now the frozen image only last about 30 seconds. This happened on Thursday the 20th of September.

Why did you Turn off the HD Moron!
post #71 of 692 Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Everytime I went to the Soriana stores, they sell some HDTVs, but they have a lousy DVD playing and connected it thru coax cable with a splitter, the image looks horrible, no wonder why they don't sell them. (appart from the $15,000 pesos price tag).

I would at least use rabbit ears antenna and change it to channel 20-1.

I went to a new burger place called Golden Burger outside one of the malls, they have 3 HDTVs there for the people to see, they were in an analog channel I told the guy to change it to channel 20-1 and looked great, the guy was very impressed.. LOL, there they had an aereal antenna.

post #72 of 692 Old 10-02-2007, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Everytime I went to the Soriana stores, they sell some HDTVs, but they have a lousy DVD playing and connected it thru coax cable with a splitter, the image looks horrible, no wonder why they don't sell them. (appart from the $15,000 pesos price tag).

Actually that price doesn't seem so bad, unless it's a small HDTV.

Quote:

I would at least use rabbit ears antenna and change it to channel 20-1.

I went to a new burger place called Golden Burger outside one of the malls, they have 3 HDTVs there for the people to see, they were in an analog channel I told the guy to change it to channel 20-1 and looked great, the guy was very impressed.. LOL, there they had an aereal antenna.

20-1 sounds good, but they could also record parts of Mexican HD shows, Like "venga la Alegria", "Se Busca un Hombre", and "Muchachitas Como Tu" and play them on a Loop.
About that burger place, it doesn't seem like such a good Idea, People will probably stay there much longer than they should, to Watch the HD, and other people will have trouble finding a seat. LOL

I know If I didn't have HDTV that's what I would do. It will probably be showing the analog channel, the next time you go there.

The COFETEL HDTV plan is also partially responsible for the Overpriced HDTVs in Mexico. They should at least declare deadlines for cutting off the analog Region By Region. They could even be changeable deadlines, and they could use Economic Data From the Commerce Department, to guess which Areas should loose Analog first. Like for Example Mexico City Looses Analog some time in 2012, Cities in Phase 1 loose Analog by 2014, ETC......

That way people would have an incentive to Buy HDTVs and that would lead to lower prices. The 2009 Deadline is Helping the USA to sell more HDTVs and that has helped lower prices. I also think that COFETEL didn't even believe that the USA would cut off Analog by 2009, they probably figured it would be sometime in 2012, or later.

They should also require Digital tuners on all TVs and other devices that have an Analog tuners, by no later than February 18th, 2009.
post #73 of 692 Old 10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

The $15K pesos tagline is for some awfull "acme" brand TVs and 36" screen, I can find a good panasonic that size for less than $800US..

Oh they have a 15" LCD one for $2,850.00 Pesos with 4:3 screen.

post #74 of 692 Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Today they showed about 30 seconds of Pasion in HD, and it was real HD, It wasn't Stretched. This is a picture of the Image that was frozen for a couple of Seconds.

then the guy turned on the Stretch-o-Vision, and he screwed up Big Time, because it was still on the same scene. Look how you can see less of the picture in this image.

This what they call Concrete Evidence if there was ever a Trial for some reason, like I sued them , or COFETEL had a rule that said "if a show is shot with HD, it must be shown in HD" and there was a trial, this is the kind of Evidence that would cause Televisa to LOOOOOSE. The only way they could actually win in that case is if they Bribed the Jury, or They Bribed COFETEL.
post #75 of 692 Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

And they could possibly win, remember that Azcarraga is filthy rich and was lots of friends in high places, in fact I won't bother, because he controls the media and the politicians in his hands, unless Salinas from Azteca is the one that sues, but I don't think he will, he's laughing right now of how Televisa is doing with HD.

post #76 of 692 Old 10-06-2007, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

And they could possibly win, remember that Azcarraga is filthy rich and was lots of friends in high places, in fact I won't bother, because he controls the media and the politicians in his hands, unless Salinas from Azteca is the one that sues, but I don't think he will, he's laughing right now of how Televisa is doing with HD.

I know, I used what I said above as an example, that in a fair trial Televisa would loose. I don't think Salinas would sue, either but if he ever did it would be as a publicity stunt to promote TV Azteca's HD, of course that would be seen by Televisa as an Official Declaration of War, and it's quite unlikely, TV Azteca would win that war.

On a completely different issue, the 2 Analog Channels, 2-Tu Canal and 32-Channel of the Stars Juarez, seem to be either be, playing around with each other, or Channel of the stars is mad that Tu Canal is Covering the white Channel of the Stars logo, with the Tu Canal Logo, when they show the repeat of their novellas. When the Novelas air Live on Analog 32 there is only one logo the White one, but when the repeat of the same Novela, airs on Tu Canal it has 2 logos, the White one, and a smaller one on the bottom left part of the screen. The only time I've seen the smaller logo on Analog 32, is when the Digital Channel has problems. I first noticed this Wednesday, when I saw the repeat of Juan at around 4 PM, and the Smaller logo is still there.

That reminds me of something Jeff, you wrote a long time ago somewhere on the first page, that Tijuana has Tu Canal in HD. Does this channel actually show HD? Also you should complain about Channel of the Star Tijuana not showing "Muchachitas Como Tu" in HD. What is happening in Tijuana sounds a lot like what happened with this Novela in Juarez. I think what actually happened in Juarez is that one day way back when "Muchachitas como tu" started sometime in April, the Guy turned on the Red Logo early like 5 or 10 minutes before the Comedy Show Started. Anyway this guy might not have known that Muchachitas Como Tu was in HD, but People who were watching the HD channel realized It was in HD and they stated to complain to the website, or the TV Station.

Some of the Young Rich Kids or, as they're called in Mexico "Juniors", may have started to complain to the Website and the Station. They may have even had a viewer Campaign at one of Rich Schools in Juarez, and they made a Pact Where everyone who watched the Novela at that school had to send E-mail to Televisa, whether they had HDTV or not. Anyway they eventually kept complaining and didn't stop until Televisa realized what they were doing was wrong and that they were loosing money. Someone at either The Juarez Station, or Televisa made a Stupid Decision, they said to themselves "lets not show Muchachitas como tu in HD, I mean only kids, Teenagers, and College Students watch it, they barely have purchasing power anyway who cares if they Complain", but they forgot that some of those people are rich, and do have a lot of Purchasing Power. Who knows maybe these Kids did what I threated to do in some of my hate mails, they wrote to the sponsors of this Novela, telling them what was happening. Even if only one or two of the sponsors called Mexico City and only threated to stop advertising on that show, that would have been enough for them to actually call Juarez the Next Day and demand that "Muchachitas Como Tu" be shown in HD. I'm almost certain that Someone from Mexico City had to Call this Channel in Juarez, because it seems like too much of a Coincidence that from one day to the other, this Novela went from being show half HD, Half SD, most of the Time, to being shown everyday in HD.

Now they're doing pretty much the same thing they did with Muchachitas Como tu, with Pasion, didn't they learn any thing from muchachitas Como tu. I really am starting to believe that Televisa did all of this to Pasion on purpose, as a publicity stunt, becuase it all seems to Perfect, like they Planned it. The pictures I posted of what happened on Thursday, are just to perfect. I'm thinking if Televisa Mexico really planned this what happened on Thursday was done that way on purpose. So either they told the Guy from the Juarez Station, and Probably other stations to turn off the HD in such a way that People watching would notice that Pasion is in HD, or if they sent the Satellite feed to the HD channels outside of Mexico City, they Turned off the HD and Turned on the S-O-V so that people would notice, like on the Same scene. I wouldn't be too surprised, if Monday they show most of Pasion in HD.
post #77 of 692 Old 10-06-2007, 10:01 PM

I've never seen any HD on 32 (12.1) XEWT-DT Tu Canal. It mainly repeats programs from other channels so there are multiple logos on screen.

Here it has logos from 5 and 4.

Channel of the Star Tijuana 22 (57.1) only turns the the red logo on for Juan then turns it promptly off. I think they missed a day last week. Pretty sure it is remotely controlled.
post #78 of 692 Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2631 View Post

I've never seen any HD on 32 (12.1) XEWT-DT Tu Canal. It mainly repeats programs from other channels so there are multiple logos on screen.

Here it has logos from 5 and 4.

Channel of the Star Tijuana 22 (57.1) only turns the the red logo on for Juan then turns it promptly off. I think they missed a day last week. Pretty sure it is remotely controlled.

Wow never seen "Enterprise" that horribly! a total murder of TV shows!
It's like local Channel 5, XEJTV, they re-air Galavision programs with way inferior quality, and sometimes they show like the same Soccer match at the same time as "Tu-canal" with the quality difference, I say 70% less quality of transmission.

I think the Juarez issue could be monetary, the local sponsors maybe have to pay for the HD and they are only paying for some hours which not include Pasion, or the Local Juarez Repeater has to pay-up, one of the two.

post #79 of 692 Old 10-08-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Wow never seen "Enterprise" that horribly! a total murder of TV shows!

Enterprise looks so bad, because it's stretched and Letterboxed, this is making the engineers at the station look bad. I'm sure they know why the black bars are there, and that they should be removed for the HD Chanel, but the Station Manager won't let them remove them. they probably say something like "Televisa told me to stretch the image, and to keep it the same as the analog channel, and that's what were doing." Then when people complain they blame the Engineer and say he's stupid and that he doesn't know the black bars should be removed, but that's not true he probably knew what LetterBox was way before DVDs came out. Sheesh!!!!

Quote:

It's like local Channel 5, XEJTV, they re-air Galavision programs with way inferior quality, and sometimes they show like the same Soccer match at the same time as "Tu-canal" with the quality difference, I say 70% less quality of transmission.

That reminds me, talking about Fútbol, Team Mexico is playing Nigeria on the 14th of October and guess where they're Playing Juarez, and Channel of the stars is Airing it, and TV Azteca too.
post #80 of 692 Old 10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube799 View Post

That reminds me, talking about Fútbol, Team Mexico is playing Nigeria on the 14th of October and guess where they're Playing Juarez, and Channel of the stars is Airing it, and TV Azteca too.

Yeah, several people I know are going to attend, I will never pay for an exhibition game, when they play for real I may go. The prices for a ticket rise up to $1,250.00 Pesos and I think on the resale they will double/triple.

Let's see if they transmit it in HD..

post #81 of 692 Old 10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, my sister just bought a new HDTV, her first one, so her husband installed it and programmed all the OTA channels all went well, until my sister was watching the Channel 32-1 Telenovelas, at least from 6:00 to 7:00 was all stretch-o-vision with regular logo, inf fact it looked exactly the same as 32-2, I told her about Televisa guy in Juarez forgetting to switch the HD on, that she maybe some days won't get her programs in HD.

Every day is the same with these guys! makes me try to find Azcarraga Jean's email address or something..

post #82 of 692 Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 PM

i wrote a VERY long post and i dont know what happened to it but i dont see it :|

i wish i could get the mexican HD channels but i live in los angeles
ok i was saying that i was looking for news on univision HD and i found a thread on MEXICAN HD!! for a long time i was researching about mexican HD but didnt find NOTHING! its funny how u find something when youre not looking for it... i always wondered how much HD there was in mexico and wanted to know what channels there was in HD! thanks to this thread now i know! i LOVE mexican channels so much and wish i got them in LA everytime i go to mexico i watch at least a little of mexican tv! there is something i just love about it! i dont know what! lol.. i used to get some tijuana channels with an indoor antenna during hot summer days! i used to get channels 12, 21, 27, 45 and 57 from tijuana but not anymore! im glad this thread has screencaps of the HD stuff! i never thought i would find the videos and screen caps! its gold! haha (i know im weird) i really wish i could get these channels in HD
post #83 of 692 Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Try an amplified outdoor antenna, I don't know if that may work for Tijuana channels though, you need advise from another L.A. people on that.

I did comment on Univision HD not being in the near future in the El Paso HDTV thread, they air most Televisa shows and novelas, and some of those shows are in HD, so they can repeat them in HD also.

They have their own shows like Sabado Gigante, Cristina, etc, those should be in HD, and on Telefutura they air lots of movies, so those too can be in HD.

post #84 of 692 Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:

Try an amplified outdoor antenna, I don't know if that may work for Tijuana channels though, you need advise from another L.A. people on that.

i really want to try that! i dont know much about antennas though.. can u recommend one? i think there is a possibility i could get them if i got them before with just an indoor antenna and sometimes i get tijuana radio stations too! i get radio stations from san diego and tijuana on my ipod.. i really cant wait to watch the novelas in HD! i would LOVE that!
post #85 of 692 Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I Knew it was too good to be true, I eventually noticed that the HD feed didn't have any commentators talking while the SD Feed Did have it. Although I'm thinking that this was a Problem that came From Mexico City.

Once I Knew Sunday's game was gonna be in Juarez, I realized that this problem with the only HD Game I've seen on Channel of the Stars "HD" Juarez, was actually a TEST for THIS GUY, and he failed Baaaaaaadly!!!!!! I think they were testing for the game between Mexico and Nigeria.

I watched the New Telenovela "Al Diablo Con los Guapos" and I saw a weird green flash, at least 2 times. I'm almost certain this wasn't a satellite problem. I think the channel was trying to turn on the switch. This flash was more like a weird green line that went down the screen, really fast. Also the 4:00 pm show "Mujer Casos De La Vida Real" wasn't being shown Original Aspect Ratio, they're cropping the sides.

There was no Red Logo all of last week and yesterday, I can understand if last week, you used the excuse that the station was testing for the game, but what was yesterday's excuse. Why didn't you show the game in HD in Juarez? You just offended the Host City. Well Done!!!!!!
post #86 of 692 Old 10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Did TV Azteca did the game on HD? I even wasn't at home to watch it so I don't know..

The usual TV Azteca HD games don't look so good anyway, it's like 578p instead of 720p or 1080i, I think they also need to work on that, I see that most games out of Mexico City are SOV maybe they don't have HD traveling cameras and only used them in games in the 3 Mayor cities.

post #87 of 692 Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

this is from the game.

I recorded parts of it in on TV Azteca HD and Channel of the Stars HD.

578p that's weird, I think you've never seen these games in HD on TV Azteca. I'm not kidding they look real, like what some one would see if they were watching from the stadium. If you're saying that because of the screenshots I put here, they don't do it justice, I take those from the recordings, and I think they suffer from motion blur. if you haven't seen one, you should.

I think this Game between Mexico and Nigeria was shown in HD somewhere, more than likely Mexico City. It looked about as good as the only game I've seen in HD, on Channel of the Stars HD.
post #88 of 692 Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah TV Azteca looks way better than the Televisa feed, and it's 576p.. sorry!

I'm still to see a NFL/NBA/MLB quality type of transmission from a Soccer game yet.

Maybe because I don't watch much soccer! LOL. last night MLB looked great on Ch. 14-1

BTW I placed a complaint on COFETEL, if they get enough I think they'll do something!

post #89 of 692 Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Pasion was in HD yestarday until the first commercial break, then all SOV from there, I want to go and yell the guy that turns it off, I swear..

post #90 of 692 Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Pasión was in HD yestarday until the first commercial break, then all SOV from there, I want to go and yell the guy that turns it off, I swear..

Yeah I saw that too, I even recorded it. Also on Wednesday they showed about 6 minutes of Pasión in HD. On that day there was also a frozen Image from about 8:36 PM to 8:50 PM or so when the song starts. That's two days in a row, of Some Pasión HD, and about 16 minutes of HD for Pasión this week. Televisa should really consider drawing attention to the HD logo, the way American Networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, and others do, especially since they're still stretching. I think I remember seeing the HD Logos on American TV shows on the analog channels before I bought my HDTV, Televisa could do it that way too.

Yesterday they Showed all of "Muchachitas como Tu" in HD, but at around 6:30 PM it went S-o-V until the commercial break. then when it the commercials ended it went HD. The weird thing is that the Red logo was still there when they turned on the Stretch-o-Vision. I think they got the Satellite Signal that way, which makes me think that Televisa Mexico City is angry at this guy as well.

Also on Saturday TV Azteca used the regular Score Box on the HD Game for about 13 minutes. Then they switched to the HD Score Box.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page