Mexican HDTV - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 692 Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HD Channels in Guadalajara, Mexico

MY HD Tunner currently picks 5 HD channels 2.1, 4.1, 9.1, 11.1 and 13.1.. are there any other DH channels it should be picking here in Guadalajara ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 692 Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantana View Post

HD Channels in Guadalajara, Mexico

MY HD Tunner currently picks 5 HD channels 2.1, 4.1, 9.1, 11.1 and 13.1.. are there any other DH channels it should be picking here in Guadalajara ?

According to COFETEL's list it should be right, 5 channels:

24 XEWO TELEVIMEX, S.A. DE C.V. (2)
26 XHG TELEVISORA DE OCCIDENTE, S.A. DE C.V. (4)
29 XHGA TELEVIMEX, S.A. DE C.V. (9)
31 XHSFJ TV AZTECA, S.A. DE C.V. (11)
33 XHJAL TV AZTECA, S.A. DE C.V. (13)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #93 of 692 Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 PM

It seems that the wildfires burned down a low power transmitter KSDX-LP 29 that was on the same channel (29) as XHTIT-DT 29 (29.1) which retransmits TV Azteca 24 (7 HD). Now I can finally receive this channel in San Diego. Hope it stays this way.

post #94 of 692 Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@jsantana
What DrLar said looks right. Those should be all the digital channels available in Guadalajara.

@jeff

Enjoy the channel while it last, but if you watch a lot of TV like me, chances are you'll get bored way before the low power station comes back. I've already seen most of the movies at least twice, and I've also seen most of the documentaries at least once. Heck, I'm even bored of Bikini Destinations.

Yesterday Channel of the Stars Juarez turned on the red logo 2 minutes before Muchachitas como Tu started. from what I saw I think the new Telenovela "Palabra De Mujer" isn't in HD which is a shame since it has 4 Televisa Novela Beauties in it Edith Gonzalez, Yadhira Carrilo, Ludwika Paleta, and some other girl whose name I don't remember. I would love to have seen them in HD.

Since Wednesday Channel of the Stars Juarez has shown some of Pasion in HD. that's four days in a row. I think that the guy who turns on the red logo may not be responsible for this incompetence. I think that the Station manager or someone else is telling him to turn of the red logo for Pasion. they may not even know or care that Pasion is in HD. Which leads me to believe, that the guy who turns on the red logo is getting tired of this situation, and is being more obvious.

These two pictures are from Friday.

These two pictures are from Yesterday. There was a ten second delay between the red logo and the upconvert, but still this makes me think that this guy is being obvious.

post #95 of 692 Old 10-30-2007, 06:33 PM

Here is the list of digital stations as of Sep 2007.

post #96 of 692 Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

On Halloween Channel of the Stars Juarez screwed up again. First Muchachitas Como Tu had no Audio when they turned on the HD, and Pasion had no audio either until they turned off the HD. The really weird thing is that Muchachitas Como Tu did have audio for the commercials, I think this was another test that this guy failed, because when amor mio started there was audio . I had to watch all of Muchachitas Como Tu on the analog channel.

Also on that day, there were black bars for Pasion, until they said "Televisa Presenta".

If you Compare the picture above with the one I posted a while ago, you can see more of the picture.

If you compare the picture below with the one under it that I took today, you can see more of the picture.

They didn't do this again but they should until they show Pasion in HD.

On November 1st there was a frozen image for about 17 minutes, how could this guy not notice for that long. This week on Wednesday, Thursday and today, there were some minutes of Pasion in HD. Also today they turned on the red logo for Muchachitas Como Tu, but it wasn't in HD. Not that it mattered though, not even HD could have made that Ending worth watching. The Finale of Destilando Amor was good compared to the end of Muchachitas Como Tu.

Also this week on Monday or Tuesday, the 5 o clock Novela on channel of the stars had no audio for about 40 minutes on the HD channel, and for a while the sub-channel had no audio either. I think this guy finally figured out how he should have solved the audio problem for the HD game.
post #97 of 692 Old 11-12-2007, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope they do something, would the new Novela be in HD? please post pics of the result.

Ok I went yesterday to Sears Mexico, they have some cool HDTVs and they had rabbit ears antennas on it and showing some soccer in HD, it looked great, I think the Sonys looked better than the Samsungs, but side by side with the Panasonics, too bad they are way too expensive, like filthy rich expensive, they go from $35,000.00 pesos and above from 42" to 50"

The cheapest TV was an HDTV 26" for $10,000.00 Pesos and looked awful.

This Upcoming Thanksgiving I'll be buying one but in El Paso..

Edit: Saw the new Novela all SOV, they turned the HD logon on at about 6:20, but with same SOV, not encouraging news, I guess the novela isn't in HD at all or is it?

post #98 of 692 Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Saw the new Novela all SOV, they turned the HD logon on at about 6:20, but with same SOV, not encouraging news, I guess the novela isn't in HD at all or is it?

I saw part of it too, and recorded it, and it seems like it's in Stretch-o-Vision. They turn off the red logo a couple of minutes before Pasión. Yesterday they turned it off at around 8:25, and today they turned it off at around 8:23. In one week they went from showing about an hour of HD everyday, to showing S-o-V for about 2 hours with the red logo everyday. Joy progress!!!

I really don't know what they're thinking. If someone at the TV Station requires at least 2 hours of the red logo everyday, they should modify the schedule. They should turn on the red logo at 7 and turn it off when Pasión ends. In My Opinion this is a very stupid way to run an HD channel. They should turn on the red logo when they know a show is in HD, or if they know there is going to be an HD Game.

Also I've seen the white logo blink during Pasión, for a couple of days. This usually happens sometime after the song. I don't think this is a coincidence, I think they're trying to get this guy's attention.

Edit: On Friday the white logo blinked during 3 Televisa shows. During the Telenovela "Al Diablo con Los Guapos" it blinked 4 times in about 5 minutes. Then at around 4:30 PM when I was channel surfing, on the Analog TV the logo blinked at least twice. Finally at around 9 PM when I was watching Pasión, the white logo blinked at least 4 times, in about 5 to 10 minutes. The white logo has blinked before, but not this many times, the interesting part is that it also blinks on the Analog Channel.
post #99 of 692 Old 11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I have a theory, they are blinking it so it doesn't bur out plasma HDTVs.... ROFL...

I officially given up on Televisa. also on SKY system, they charge an arm and a leg for the service and not even a hint of having at least one HD channel. You know what the slogan for them is? "welcome to the best TV satellite system in Mexico", don't they mean "the only satellite system in Mexico so you're screwed"? LOL.

post #100 of 692 Old 11-23-2007, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

These are pictures from when they turned on the Red Logo for "Tormenta en el Paraiso" looks like Stretch-o-Vision to me.

Yesterday Televisa "HD" left this Image frozen on the screen from about 8:32 PM to around Midnight.

Also today when they turned off the HD for Pasion, it didn't turn off the red logo was still there, they had to turn it off again. The first time they tried to turn it off there was a flash, but there was still video, and audio, and it was still in HD. I was hoping they didn't notice, but they did, and they turned it off about 30 seconds later.

Also the Juarez TV Azteca HD channels have the guide data on again.
post #101 of 692 Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

yesterday the blatantly SOVed off Pasion after maybe 1 minute of airing, at least they didn't freeze it like last time. That dude needs a smack in the head.

post #102 of 692 Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yeah I know, they keep showing at least a minute, every time it's on. Also on that day, they seemed to have problems with Pasion. First there was the green flash at about 9, and after that the lost the video and audio for about 2 or 3 seconds, at least 3 times.

Yesterday They showed about 9 minutes of Pasion with the red logo. It was stretched for about a minute, and then they turned on the HD. Also when they turned it off, they screwed up again. See:

They should start sending Pasion the way they sent "Muchachitas como tu" for about a week when they had the 50 years of telenovelas logo. That is with out the red logo only the the letters HD. I think this may have been the main reason they started showing Muchachitas como tu in HD. If that doesn't get them to realize it's in HD, I don't know what will.

Also instead of blinking the white logo they could turn on the red logo for a while on shows that are in HD. This could cause even more confusion for the people watching the HD channel, but it could theoretically increase the sales of HDTVs, since the red logo would be on the analog channel too. I'm thinking that people watching the analog channel would wonder what the red logo means, and they would ask their friends. Eventually someone with an HDTV would tell them, and they may consider buying an HDTV. Of course if they did this, they would have to get strict about the HD the way TV Azteca is, or they would risk disappointing even more people.

Speaking of TV Azteca they're showing the UEFA Champions League in Stretch-o-Vision, but it's a really good upconvert. I think they may not be buying the HD version, or they're forgetting to flip the switch.
post #103 of 692 Old 12-03-2007, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe they didn't get the HD cameras down there or the transmitting equipment, also they are still upconverting the Sunday's NFL game, I just switched to CBS HD to watch it.

Also Televisa has 'dibs' on the Mexican Soccer semi-finals and maybe finals, since we only have the stars channel in HD,whom didn't air it, only choice was channel 56 and local 5 (I still scratch my head of why 2 channels of the same company transmit the same game). We also had Telefutura's coverage, but as we know, they only do SD.

BTW I completely lost channel 26 (25-1), did they changed frequency? or they lost the SD signal? I can't pick it up in HD-PC or HDTV, not even at work's HDTV (I get a black picture)

post #104 of 692 Old 12-03-2007, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yeah, Univision SD is gone.

Today they turned on the read logo for about 10 minutes. They turned on the red logo for about 9 minutes from 6:05 PM to 6:14 PM, and then again at around 8:07-8:08 PM.
post #105 of 692 Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

[quote=cube799;12391668]Yeah, Univision SD is gone.

QUOTE]

What dumb...es, I guess the "we are going digital, everything's looks better" thing was a LIE. Anyone called channel 26 to see what's going on, if it is local or network related?

Crossing my fingers they are getting ready for full HD programming..

post #106 of 692 Old 12-13-2007, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I saw on the news that COFETEL plans to make the manufacturers, either national or imported, to make all TVs with a digital tuner, so the people won't have to buy a new TV in the future when the analog signal goes down, so that's great news, except maybe the manufacturers will just do that but increase the price of the TVs.

These TVs would be a hit here in the border, they will get like 8 extra channels just for that.

post #107 of 692 Old 12-14-2007, 12:38 AM

as someone that live far south of the USA i'm glad to at least live near to mexico city speaking of hd broadcasting

i've read all the 4 pages of this thread and i see that the complains to televisa are the constant, here televisa isn't too bad, obviusly tv azteca is the man speaking of hours of hd content, but when televisa show hd it does very good, the macroblocking is a lot less than tvazteca.

they show a few soccer hd broadcasts that are pretty good

here two screenshots from a game that i recorded last year when bought my hd card

i will upload a little video sample of this.
post #108 of 692 Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

@DrLar
That sounds like a good law from COFETEL. I think that the manufacturers could also put a cheap analog tuner in there to save some money. I think that's what the did with my HDTV, because most of the VHF analog channel look horrible like 2, and 5. On the analog TVs channel 2 and 5 look OK.

@Aino
Those pictures look cool, but they also look weird. I guess it's, because they're from last year. Now when they show games on the Juarez "HD" channel they don't show the logo.
Also when they showed an HD game it didn't have the red logo, and the Televisa Deportes logo and the score box were more toward the middle. Are you sure this is an HD game you recorded, because it could just be Stretch-O-Vision.

Well anyway on Tuesday the novela Tormenta en el Paraiso, didn't have a logo for about 30 minutes.

Eventually they turned on the logo, but it was partially transparent.

This is how the logo normally looks.

They only did this on one day though, but I think they should show the partially transparent logo from now on. It looks better, and it doesn't cover up the video.

Also during Pasion they've been been flipping the switch when it says Chedruai presenta.

I can clearly tell that they're turning on the HD because the picture moves to the middle, but they still keep turning it off.
This is kind of hard to explain, so I added a video on stage6.
Pasion HD Switch
post #109 of 692 Old 12-15-2007, 01:17 AM

yep u're right, that's a last year broadcast, then they used a separated signal for hd and sd, in hd we had not the repeat takes, the commercial takes, the analisys takes, nothing, just the plain game with the score.

This year changed that, now its the same hd signal, they just "cut" the aside 16:9 portion to get the 4:3 analog signal. That's why we have the score and logo more in the center to fit in the 4:3 broadcast. The new difference between hd and sd it's that they show upside the televisa deportes logo the label "alta definicion" (high definition) to tell us what we know

here is the video sample of that old soccer record (just 32 sec. of the raw signal) hope don't get upset for using rapidshare.

2006 soccer hdtv sample from televisa

I will try to see the prime time soaps to tell you what are being broadcasted in hd here.
post #110 of 692 Old 12-17-2007, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I still think the TV Azteca HD Fútbol games look better.

So you live next to Mexico City. I have some questions for you.

1. What Digital Channels can you get?
2. Can you get Televisa Canal 5 in HD?
3. How about Televisa 4 and 9 in HD?
4. Do the 4 & 9 channels show HD?
5. Does Televisa Channel 5 show HD for American Shows like House?
6. Is channel 40 Proyecto 40 showing HD?
7. Do any of the Channels have sub channels?

Here in Juarez channel 32 has a sub channel.

The subchannel is 32-2 Canal de las Estrellas SD. It shows the same programming as 32-1 Canal de las Estrellas HD, but in 480i 16:9 , and they don't turn on the Red logo. I think they have this channel for when they have the frozen images on the HD channel.
post #111 of 692 Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

The question for Aino should also be, does Pasion run fully in HD in Mexico City or it also freezes or changes to SOV?

Other shows that also in HD that we in Juarez can't see? how about the Sunday shows?

post #112 of 692 Old 12-18-2007, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yesterday when they turned on the red logo, there was something under it. I eventually realized it was the white logo. The white logo would turn off during the commercials, and it would turn back on once the show started, just like on the analog channel. It stayed this way until Pasion started.

Then when they flipped the switch, the white logo disappeared, leaving only the red logo.

Soon after that they turned off the HD again. I think they were marking the shows. If the white logo is under the red one, the show isn't in HD, and if the red logo doesn't have anything under it the show is in HD.

As for them not showing Pasion and other shows in HD in Mexico City, it seems quite unlikely. It would be like NBC or some other HD channel not showing HD in New York City, or Los Angeles. These cities are just too big, and they're the most important ones in the ratings. Each one of these cities only has about 10 Million people, but Mexico City has about 20 Million people. I don't think they would do something like this in Guadalajara, or Monterrey either, since they're the number 2, and 3 markets in Mexico.
post #113 of 692 Old 12-19-2007, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, and the supposed "Univision-HD" channel is still in SD, they could have used Pasion to premier the technology, Telemundo is going HD in several places, even the news...

BTW I have no luck getting Telemundo HD, power-amplified antenna and all I just can't get the signal from Las Cruces

post #114 of 692 Old 12-19-2007, 02:46 PM

i cant wait til univision is in HD. i would love to watch RBD: La Familia and some novelas in HD.
post #115 of 692 Old 12-22-2007, 12:06 AM

Sorry for the delay, christmas time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube799 View Post

I still think the TV Azteca HD Fútbol games look better.

Well thinking better I must agree with you, in fact, all the azteca HD is waay better than televisa HD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube799 View Post

So you live next to Mexico City. I have some questions for you.

1. What Digital Channels can you get?
2. Can you get Televisa Canal 5 in HD?
3. How about Televisa 4 and 9 in HD?
4. Do the 4 & 9 channels show HD?
5. Does Televisa Channel 5 show HD for American Shows like House?
6. Is channel 40 Proyecto 40 showing HD?
7. Do any of the Channels have sub channels?

Here in Juarez channel 32 has a sub channel.

1. 07.1 XHIMTHD, 13.1 XHDF HD, 40.1 XHTVMTD, 09.1 XEQ HD, 02.1 XEW HD,04.1 XHTV HD, 05.1 XHGC HD.
2. yep
3 & 4. well they "broadcast in atsc 1080i" but all in the two channels is upscaled from their analog signal, I never seen anything in true HD on that channels.
5. last year yes, some chapters of prision break were in true hd, now only their own "american like" shows (el pantera, sexo y otros secretos, 13 miedos, etc) are in true hd.
6. I only have seen one documentary just two days after they switched on the hd transmissor, now all is only upscaled.
7. nop, no one channel has sub channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

The question for Aino should also be, does Pasion run fully in HD in Mexico City or it also freezes or changes to SOV?

Other shows that also in HD that we in Juarez can't see? how about the Sunday shows?

here all the time is the red logo on in the hd signal of canal de las estrellas. and when show something in true hd, it remains that until the program ends. Passion is where are pirates right? that is ever in true hd with no cuts. I don't see much that channel at prime time, I will check now but remember that were at least 2 novelas in hd.

Incredibly Sunday shows never have been in hd.

I will check the morning programing to see if they run some program in hd just like azteca 13 does.

Here two snapshots from 5hd and 4hd that i took right now.

[img=http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7743/4hd01cz5.th.jpg]
[img=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8014/5hd01bg6.th.jpg]
post #116 of 692 Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yesterday I saw that Hechos was in HD on on TV Azteca 13 HD. Also when did channel of the stars change their logo, I was on vacation in Houston, and just came back yesterday.

Update: TV Azteca 7 HD is showing Info 7 in HD right now.
post #117 of 692 Old 01-09-2008, 08:17 AM

I saw they played the lingerie bowl in hd on channel 20-1 yesterday. but I could definetely see some blurr on far away takes. did anyone notice that?
post #118 of 692 Old 01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

No didn't watch the lingerie bowl, I want to, but I can catch it when it airs, it they had some kind of programming guide... LOL

That blurr is like NBCs Sunday night football? could be a bandwith issue or the show was recorded like that, TV Azteca just plays it nothing much they can do to correct it.

post #119 of 692 Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Info 7 HD

Hechos Meridiano HD

post #120 of 692 Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member