Anyone know how to receive WCBS or WNBC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just installed a Channel Master 4228 antenna with a Channel Master 7775 amplifier. I also purchased a Channel Master mast rotator but it does not work, so I have to return it. I live in Ridgefield, Ct which is approx. 45 miles from the Empire State building. I receive (very good signal) Fox - DT and WABC - DT which are broadcast from the Empire State building. However, I cannot receive WCBS - DT or NBC - DT which are also broadcast from the Empire State building. Can anyone help me? I am at a lost why all the stations broadcast from the Empire State builing do not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

I have just installed a Channel Master 4228 antenna with a Channel Master 7775 amplifier. I also purchased a Channel Master mast rotator but it does not work, so I have to return it. I live in Ridgefield, Ct which is approx. 45 miles from the Empire State building. I receive (very good signal) Fox - DT and WABC - DT which are broadcast from the Empire State building. However, I cannot receive WCBS - DT or NBC - DT which are also broadcast from the Empire State building. Can anyone help me? I am at a lost why all the stations broadcast from the Empire State builing do not work.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-25-2007, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Ask this question in the NYC OTA thread or the HDTV Hardware Reception forum. Have you tweaked the aim of the CM 4228? In Ridgefield, you very likely do not have Line Of Sight (LOS) to the broadcast towers, so you are picking up signals refracting across a hill or ridge. So aiming the Cm 4228 to the left or right or upward a few degrees might help.

NYC OTA thread - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=11090765.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

thnaks, I tried to tweak the antenna a few degrees left and right and nothing. My Panasonic plasma has a signal strength indicator and we used it to 'zero-in' on Fox and ABC. So I thought that this would also work for CBS and NBC. BTW, I purchased the Channel Master 7775 preamp. Do you think the Channel Master 7777 preamp would have solve this? I know that it is for VHF and CBS-DT is on UHF, but just a thought.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page