hdtv streams for download - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-26-2001, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

as i live in europe, germany i haven't seen hdtv yet. I would love to see it at least once :-) (drool,drool.....) does anybody know a site where i could download a sample hdtv stream in 720P? perhaps somebody could record something with a hipix and post it somewhere. then i could download and play it with the elecard software mpeg decoder: http://www.elecard.com/download/

please let us europeans, not blessed with hdtv, have a look at it.....even if its only on a 21" crt monitor :-)

cu Psychonaut

P.S.

does anybody have some information on Joe Kane's 720P DVD's? That sure looks very promising, especially to us europeans as we have no other way to get some high-def material.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-26-2001, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

How fast is your CPU ?

And how fast is your internet connection ?

PS: Why none of the european countries have HDTV by now ?

Jens Wellmann
President
PC DTV Technologies, LLC
post #3 of 6 Old 11-27-2001, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

1) my cpu is a PII700 but i have access to a Dual PII933

2) adsl -> 768Kbit/s download

P.S.

actually our european DTV standard, wich is DVB compared to your ATSC, ist ready for HDTV. Except for a different modulation ATSC and DVB are similar. You use 8-VSB and we use COFDM. But DVB is also Mpeg 2 from MainLevel to HighLevel.

But unfortunatly european broadcasters dont see a sufficient market for HDTV yet. In Germany we have only one Pay-TV station, wich by the way is not very profitable (currently the loss 2001 will probably be 1.000.000.000 $)

So there are no HDTV set-top-boxexs and no HDTV sets, exept the small home-cinema community.....wich is quite small compared to the scene in USA.

Therefore i hope to get my hands on one of the 720P DVD's as soon (or if) as they are available. That will be my only chance to see high-definition material........
post #4 of 6 Old 11-27-2001, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Psychonaut,

you have a personal message (PM) from me.

Jens Wellmann
President
PC DTV Technologies, LLC
post #5 of 6 Old 11-28-2001, 10:23 PM

I also looked high and low for sample HDTV material... Unfortunately, there is so place to downlaod sample transport streams and since this is all extremely new and expensive, the majority of the little community of hdtv tuner card owners reside on this very own forum... If someone could send me a sample hd transport stream, I would be extremely grateful and be able to "preview" the quality and finally make the decision whether to shell out $400 dollars on an hdtv tuner card. I am on cable, 1.7mbps down (220kilobytes max downlaod)/320kbps up and reside in southern california. Perhaps someone could "hook me up" with 30+ second of hdtv footage. Again, I would be extremely grateful! I don't know what you would want in return, if anything I may be of help with, but to anyone familiar with the term "0day releases," and isonews.com, I will supply you with the latest to express my thanks. Thank you again and I hope to hear from somebody.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-09-2002, 01:02 AM

Hi,

Since i´m located in austria/vienna, i´m also looking for some HDTV Material (downloadable), whatever it is (TV-Spots, Shows, ...). If possible it should be 30 sec+

Thanks so much in advance !

Take care
Thomas

ISF & HAA Certified, Official CEDIA Member
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page