HDTV Society of Arizona - Next Meeting Info - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2001, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I will be soon schedule another meeting of the HDTV Society of Arizona. I received already 6 positive responses on our on Yahoo Club website which can be accessed from right here:

HDTV Society of Arizona

You have to sign up (It's free) and become a member before you can post messages on our site. If you are located from out of State of Arizona you are also welcome to sign up, but only if you actively contribute to the message forum. After Yahoo has completed the merger of the Club and Newsgroup forums I will go through the member list and will clean out all inactive non- Arizonan members.

About the next meeting:

Date: On one of the following next Friday evenings this December after 7 PM (An official announcement will follow shortly)

Length: About 2 to 2 1/2 hours

Topics:

- KPHO Ch.5 (CBS) On how to proceed from here and take action try to convince them one way or the other to upgrade their digital equipment to make it HDTV compliant.

- COX Cable No positive HDTV developments here either. Planning of a petition drive.

- KSAZ Ch.10 (FOX) That station still airs only 480i and 4:3 with 2 BUGS (Station ID's). Very little feedback, if any at all from them.

- KUTP Ch.45 (UPN) That station is now owned by the same corporation that controls KZAS CH.10 . Same situation here. Not HDTV capable, but airs 480i SDTV.

- Consumer Electronics Show January 8-11, 2002
Preview of new products and maybe schedule of a group trip (if there is enough interests)

- Presentation of a Home Theater PC (HTPC) and the advantages of it.

- Creating an initial charter and voting of a Board of Directors.

Questions, Comments, Suggestions:
Email to: hdtv.society.of.az@home.com or jwellmann@qwest.net

Best regards,
Jens Wellmann

Jens Wellmann
President
PC DTV Technologies, LLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2001, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UPDATE

Date: The meeting will take place on Friday January 4th, 2002 at 7 PM (No Football games are scheduled for that day ;) )

I will announce the location here shortly. (It will be in Central Phoenix)

Anyone that wants to attend, please send an email confirmation to: jwellmann@qwest.net or hdtv.society.of.az@home.com and if you are not a member of the HDTV Society of AZ, please go to our Yahoo
Clubs homepage were you can join for free here:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hdtvsocietyofarizona

Jens

Jens Wellmann
President
PC DTV Technologies, LLC