post #9781 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

It has an automatic skip back now that I had to get used to. Makes FFing and then stopping a little less precise for me, but oh well.

Ah. I'm starting to get the hang of it but trying to hit the play button at the right time is raising my blood pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9782 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Thanks, I got used to it pretty quickly last night...

Does anyone know how to quickly return back to the currently viewed channel when surfing the program guide? It used to be that if you were watching, say, ch 805 and then pulled up the guide and surfed down to 950, all you had to was press "C" on the remote and it would bring you back up to 805. This doesn't work in Navigator.

If I understand your question correctly do the following. To return to the last live viewing hit the last button. If you are inthe guide on channel 150 and want to go to say channel 40 all you do is type in 40 and it takes you right to that guide channel. Another trick is if you are viewing the guide on Monday and want to see whats on Friday figue its 4 days til Friday type in 4 and hit the right diagional button with the arrow pointing right it will auto take you to Friday. Just figure out the number of days you want to advance up to 7 and its a easy way to browse the guide.In the guide just type in channel number and it takes you there. CHEERS
post #9783 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywoody View Post

If I understand your question correctly do the following. To return to the last live viewing hit the last button. If you are inthe guide on channel 150 and want to go to say channel 40 all you do is type in 40 and it takes you right to that guide channel. Another trick is if you are viewing the guide on Monday and want to see whats on Friday figue its 4 days til Friday type in 4 and hit the right diagional button with the arrow pointing right it will auto take you to Friday. Just figure out the number of days you want to advance up to 7 and its a easy way to browse the guide.In the guide just type in channel number and it takes you there. CHEERS

That's not quite what I mean, but thanks.

I'm saying if I'm watching 805 and I hit "guide" then the guide displays with 805 as the center. I then scroll down to other channels, but if I want to jump back to 805 (in the guide) again, then I no longer can just press the "C" button as I used to. I now have to key in 805 instead (or exit the guide and then re-enter it).

It's not a big deal, but it is a different functionality.
post #9784 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Ah. I'm starting to get the hang of it but trying to hit the play button at the right time is raising my blood pressure.

On the plus side, you no longer have to watch on-screen like a hawk waiting for the actual show to re-appear...it's much more relaxed.

On the minus side, if your past FFing skills call for you to hit it just right (or what used to be "just right") then now you're forced to catch the tail end of the commercial break.
post #9785 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 73
http://televisionbroadcast.com/article/90526

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #9786 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Bob, you know better than to post something not TWC related.
post #9787 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 03:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
It's a crime. To have sold 95% of 19.393 Mbps implies they're left with 0.97 Mbps, not even enough for a single decent SD. I hope everyone stops donating to SCETV.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #9788 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I'm sorry, I must have missed the post where someone died and they made you the Columbia thread police. Besides, that's Gary's job! IIRC, this thread is titled Columbia HDTv with no mention of TWC in the title. Oh, and by the way to be on topic.. I got 'gatored Sunday night, now my box is slow as molasses too.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #9789 of 10080 Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post

I'm sorry, I must have missed the post where someone died and they made you the Columbia thread police.

It's called payed-too-much-for-locked-in-sat-buyers-remorse.

BTW I find the next time I'll probably tune in a SD channel there's a hurricane coming.

Also when you FF/Play does this thing find the beginning of programming automatically? Either that or I'm suddenly pretty good at it.
post #9790 of 10080 Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

It's a crime. To have sold 95% of 19.393 Mbps implies they're left with 0.97 Mbps, not even enough for a single decent SD. I hope everyone stops donating to SCETV.

- Trip

SCETV licensed additional spectrum it had for distance learning (outside of the TV band). Their broadcast television service will be 100% unaffected by the licensing to Clearwire. This deal has no effect on their ATSC services.
post #9791 of 10080 Old 11-19-2009, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Then the article was very, VERY poorly written. It and the article it references both say "broadcast spectrum" which would lead one to believe it's the TV licenses.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #9792 of 10080 Old 11-19-2009, 06:22 AM

Yes it was, very few people in the state understood what the auction was for and what was going on (oh the joys of the state Budget and Control Board). If you're interested in the technical details, check out:

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/citizens...rt2-6-2008.pdf

Either the state and taxpayers got hosed by letting the licenses go for too little, or Clearwire did the state a favor by taking them off its hands. We'll never know since the state didn't make an adequate effort to value the licenses.
post #9793 of 10080 Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes, thank you very much. That clears up the confusion greatly.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #9794 of 10080 Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So when will TWC start rolling out DVRs with 3Ghz+ processors so the software runs better?

And WHY have the list of recorded shows work so BADLY? I was done with one, said delete it right after stopping it, then still found it in the List when I went back. I wasn't offered a delete confirmation step like I get when I List them then select one to delete. Testing should have shaken that out a lot earlier...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #9795 of 10080 Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 AM

I just started using the new Navigator and have LOST a lot of DVR function I had before. Mainly, I no longer have the option of recording a SERIES for many shows (The Daily Show, SNL, Survivor). What am I doing wrong?

Also, looking at the Scheduled Recordings list, there is no way to modify a Series recording (such as switching from first run only, to recording all occurrences of a show). There is also no way to review the settings for a Series recording. Help!

Charlie
post #9796 of 10080 Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Welcome to the world of N -- TW makes more money and their customers get screwed again. N is the worst thing I have ever seen. We don't have it on our DVR box yet - I can't wait to see how badly it screws that up. A tech guy was here yesterday and said that the DVR boxes he had on the truck are all programmed to N but no one wants them!
post #9797 of 10080 Old 11-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Goldman View Post

I just started using the new Navigator and have LOST a lot of DVR function I had before. Mainly, I no longer have the option of recording a SERIES for many shows (The Daily Show, SNL, Survivor). What am I doing wrong?

Also, looking at the Scheduled Recordings list, there is no way to modify a Series recording (such as switching from first run only, to recording all occurrences of a show). There is also no way to review the settings for a Series recording. Help!

Incorrect. You now have more options in series recording. Press the list button on the cotrol. Scroll over to series manager. This will list the series you have chosen to record. Press enter on the series name this will enter you ito the series manager. You can then set the series to record new and repeats or just new. You can select if it can be recorded at all times. This means if time slot changes Navigator follows series like SARA used to. You can also select a specific time slot. This is good for shows like the Daily Show, NFL LIve. Sports Center ect that have non specific guide data to let Navigator know that they are new or not. Time Slot recording avoids numerious copies of these type shows. Otherwise the new first run option works geat. You can also set the shows to record earlier or to run later and the time stamps stick and do not vanish like they did in sara. After you set your recording options accept them but hiting the yellow key on your control. Next key on your series again and then press series priority in th series manager. This lets you set your series to a higher or lower priority in case of a recording conflict. Navigator will record the series with the higher priority. Also if you record cable shows like Stargate Universe or Monk set those shows at a lower priority than network shows. The reason behind that is because these shows have numerious reruns of a new episode. Navigator just like tivo will find the next recording of that episode that does not conflict and record it for you. Also once you have set a show in the series manager and it has been recorded (time slot shows are excetions to this due to lack of proper guide data) Navigator will not record any reruns of that episode without being told to do so for 28 days of the orginial recording. Hopes this info helps. CHEERS
post #9798 of 10080 Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM

That is helpful, but I am still not sure how to get a show into the Series Manager. Many shows do not give that option in the Guide. Also, some shows let you set a reminder, but do not offer a recording option. Some shows, when set to record a series, show the symbol for that in the guide, some do not. Please expand your helpful response. Thank you.

Charlie
post #9799 of 10080 Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Goldman View Post

That is helpful, but I am still not sure how to get a show into the Series Manager. Many shows do not give that option in the Guide. Also, some shows let you set a reminder, but do not offer a recording option. Some shows, when set to record a series, show the symbol for that in the guide, some do not. Please expand your helpful response. Thank you.

When you are in the guide and want to record a series press select when you highlight the series in the guide. A series of optins will come up. One option says to record series the other option says to record series with options. I find it better to press record series. This sets it to record and puts it in the series manager. Then when you wish you can go set your recording specs. When you set it to record in guide it is set to new and repeats but in series manager you can set it to new episodes only. Be sure you set the series priority while you are in series manager because the newest addd show gets first priority until you set the priority you want for it. Do not get alarmed if the red record flag does ot show up as soon as the next guide data shows up after a year of Navigator experience I find Navigator always sets it before the next recording date. Navigator can be confuseing at first. Go to the keyboard search and type in answers on demand and it will take you to a channel that will explain a lot about Navigator. A lot of complaints from early Navigator folk are those who do not learn how to use it and get flustered and angry. Once you master it you will find it is a fluid feature rich guide. Hope I have helped a bit. CHEERS
post #9800 of 10080 Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 AM

Anyone know why the Panthers/Jets game is in SD on WACH?

Heath
post #9801 of 10080 Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRoberts View Post

Anyone know why the Panthers/Jets game is in SD on WACH?

Heath

Never mind... finally fixed in the 3rd quarter. Seems like this is becoming a frequent Sunday afternoon "treat"
post #9802 of 10080 Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM

December 16, 2009: The following channels will be added:
NBA TV HD - Channel 962 (Sports Tier & Digital Tier with HD converter)
HD Movies On Demand Titles in the Guide - Channels 1002-1009 (Movies On Demand)
Sundance Channel East (173) and Sundance Channel West (174) will be available on both the Digital Tier and Movie Tier. NBA TV (Channel 158) will be available on both the Digital Tier and Sports Tier.

December 30, 2009: The following channels will be added:
History International HD - Channel 863 (Digital Tier and HD converter)
RFD HD - Channel 932 (HD Premium Tier)
Showtime Showcase HD - Channel 924 (requires subscription to Showtime and HD converter)
Showtime Extreme HD - Channel 925 (requires subscription to Showtime and HD converter)
MoreMax HD - Channel 909 (requires subscription to Cinemax and HD converter)
ThrillerMax HD - Channel 910 (requires subscription to Cinemax) and HD converter
Blue Highways - Channel 132 (Digital Tier)
International Movies On Demand - Channel 1000 (Movies On Demand)

Hallmark Movie Channel (Channel 860) will move from the HD Premium Tier to the HD Digital Tier.
post #9803 of 10080 Old 11-30-2009, 07:13 PM

1) After the new "upgrade" the format was wrong. Fixed with settings.

2) After any power off of the STB or the television, on the next power up the STB optical output reverts to HDMI and does not remember the Dolby Digital setting.

3) The external SATA drive no longer works and locks up the STB. Has to be removed and full power reset on STB.

Tech visited the house and had no answers (he really could not say software problems even though everything worked before Mystro).

Is anyone using Moxi on TWC Columbia?
post #9804 of 10080 Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Did anyone else lose scheduled recordings? Stuff that had been working like Big Bang Theory is gone. SNL, NCIS, and The Mentalist survived, but now it's every show instead of just new ones.

So now I have to watch like a hawk for the return of shows like Psych so I can add them back. Fun, fun, fun...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #9805 of 10080 Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I noticed mine didn't pick up Heroes last night. I had to re-set it to record. I wasn't sure if it was a new ep or not, but the program guide had it flagged as "new."

I also don't like how we've lost the ability to FF at quadruple speed (at least AFAIK). I haven't seen that mentioned yet, but it's annoying when FFing through large chunks of recordings.
post #9806 of 10080 Old 12-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I noticed mine didn't pick up Heroes last night. I had to re-set it to record. I wasn't sure if it was a new ep or not, but the program guide had it flagged as "new."

I also don't like how we've lost the ability to FF at quadruple speed (at least AFAIK). I haven't seen that mentioned yet, but it's annoying when FFing through large chunks of recordings.

You can ff in 15 minute chunks though. from twc
"Just press and hold the FF button for about 2 seconds and it will move ahead in 15-minute increments. The same technique works for rewinding."
post #9807 of 10080 Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow good tip!
post #9808 of 10080 Old 12-02-2009, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Yep, good tip. Thanks!
post #9809 of 10080 Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Anyone know the diagnostic channel for our area so I can see what version of Navigator we are using?

Gail

Some good info on the Navigator Forum for those interested...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=723830
post #9810 of 10080 Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn McKinney View Post

3) The external SATA drive no longer works and locks up the STB. Has to be removed and full power reset on STB.

Yes I discovered this when I could not record the Carolina-Clemson game.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page