Test IMG tag - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
updatedEdit to add image...

Another test using IMG URL tags in BB code...

Udate test Win 8

Update test XP

Update test XP IE

JRWalker's AvsSnipHideFilter browser add-on for Chrome, Firefox, Firefox for Android, IE, and Opera makes browsing post pages faster and finding old posts easier.

Many of the posts to the Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] are very long because they included a number of pictures. Also, some members do not take the time to snip posts that they quote. So, I created an AVS Forum browsing tool that shortens long forum pages without loss of content, making them much easier to browse. This is especially important when you join a large thread and try to catch up.

For IE users I have created and Context Menu Extensions to snip long posts and quotes. For Firefox and Firefox for Android users I have created an extension with a Content Script. For Firefox only there are also Context and Widget Extensions, not currently supported by Firefox for Android. A Chrome Content Extension beta is available. All of the above also have a browser extension to filter posts shown making finding old posts easier.

Below is a side by side comparison of two unsnipped and snipped posts with the default maximum page and quote heights.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

The largest scrollable page display savings that I have found is 14'10.6". Shown with the Firefox snipping extension below :

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Using the snipping extension with Firefox for Android the page height saved by scrollable posts and quotes for the same pages as above would be 29893 pixel rows.

At DPI / PPI for Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 tablet of 170 PPI, that converts to 14'7.5", using the maximum scrollable height for pages of 350 and quotes 150.

The IE, Firefox, Firefox for Android, Chrome, and Opera versions of this tool are different, because of the restrictions and features of each browser.

All of these can be installed in any combination.

If you have ANY problem downloading or with the downloaded file then just PM me your email address and I will send you the file as an email attachment.

The tool contains a Firefox Content script and IE Context Menu Extensions that have been tested on Win XP, VISTA, and Win 8 Pro x64. There are no executables.

Designed and Developed by James Walker
GMail James.R.Walker May 2013

Do not distribute without attribution.

Supported browsers: Firefox , Firefox for Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
See separate post for installation and use instructions.

Current Browser Extension Status

Firefox

With the addition of New Page Filtering, not much left to do until I receive more feature requests. If you have ideas see Contact Info below.

Firefox for Android

Until Context Menus and Widgets support added to Firefox for Android, limited to inserted links to initiate actions. When Context Menus and Widgets are supported, will make as much like Firefox version as possible.

Internet Explorer

Limited to context menu extensions without a BHO (Browser Helper Object).

Chrome

AVS Snip Hide Filter for Chrome is available for download. See separate post for installation instructions.
The current version Chrome 30 or later must be used to install extenstion.

Chrome for Android

Extensions and Apps not supported at this time.

Opera

The platform this forum runs on isn't directly supported or tested on Opera.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1490230/opera-really-slow/0_100#post_23725133
That being said I have created an Opera browser extension. See separate post for details.

Opera for Android

Extensions and Apps not supported at this time.

Safari

Apple discontinued Windows development environment for Safari extensions. Extensions can now only be developed on a MAC and I do not have access to one.

Contact Info:

Rather than posting to this thread, I would prefer that you PM me, JRWalker, with your feedback. You can also GMail me at James.R.Walker .
Reply Post Testing Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page