DENON AVR 2105 Troubleshooting - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > AVS Forum Information > Post Testing Area > DENON AVR 2105 Troubleshooting

Post Testing Area

stumpy51's Avatar stumpy51
12:06 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 2
01-11-2014 | Posts: 0

Dear Scott and other members,

I am an Aussie with a seriously old DENON AVR 2105 which I inherited with the house, suspect it is at least 10 years old.  It has been working fine till a few days ago when the picture stopped transmitting to the home theatre projector.  The sound is just fine. No connections or adjustments to the equipment preceded this failure.  I have down loaded a PDF version of the manual but the trouble shooting section makes no reference to this problem.  

Is the machine gone for good or is there a fix of hardware or settings that will get my picture back again.  If I do have to replace this machine, what would you suggest as a good brand and model?

All the best for the new year and thank you for having me on board.

Stumpy51

ross's Avatar ross
11:32 AM Liked: 10
post #2 of 2
01-11-2014 | Posts: 264
First, I'd just replace the thing - it's not really worth repairing it. However, that receiver has only component video outputs so make sure you find something compatible or get an hdmi to component switch. You could just buy another used one in working order. Ebay has one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-AVR-2105-Home-Theater-Stereo-Receiver-7-1-Surround-works-great-with-remote-/390723177354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af8ea8b8a for less than 200US. If you really want to keep it then just buy a component video switch and you should be good to go with a little re-wiring.

Rgrds-Ross
Reply Post Testing Area

Subscribe to this Thread