Sony PSVR Aim Controller Availability - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mattdoc

post #1 of 11 Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Sony PSVR Aim Controller Availability

So, there has been a bunch of NOTHING coming from Sony about the availability of the PSVR Aim Controller getting back in stock. I know several people who have contacted Sony directly and they have either made incorrect comments about them being in stock or have not received a response.

I have talked to multiple retailers and more than one has told me that the old SKU for the Farpoint Bundle and AIM Controller is discontinued and won't be returning. Outside of that simply nothing in terms of them knowing when more are coming in.

Have also tried all the stock alert sites as well including sites like brickseek. Simply nothing.

Anybody have any contacts? Anybody hear anything different?

It might help if those of us seeking one could continue to bombard Sony with requests for information until they respond. Possibly on Social media.

Twitter
@PlayStation

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-19-2017, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
So, there has been a bunch of NOTHING coming from Sony about the availability of the PSVR Aim Controller getting back in stock. I know several people who have contacted Sony directly and they have either made incorrect comments about them being in stock or have not received a response.

I have talked to multiple retailers and more than one has told me that the old SKU for the Farpoint Bundle and AIM Controller is discontinued and won't be returning. Outside of that simply nothing in terms of them knowing when more are coming in.

Have also tried all the stock alert sites as well including sites like brickseek. Simply nothing.

Anybody have any contacts? Anybody hear anything different?

It might help if those of us seeking one could continue to bombard Sony with requests for information until they respond. Possibly on Social media.

Twitter
@PlayStation

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation/
💩

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 Old 07-19-2017, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 369
I made a horrible mistake by not preordering one of these damn bundles back when I should have.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-19-2017, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
I made a horrible mistake by not preordering one of these damn bundles back when I should have.
I didn't preorder but I had not decided on VR platform at that time either. I was still debating which VR system to go with. Now I wish I had known sooner. LOL.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-18-2017, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If you guys are still looking, I walked into a GameStop today, and stumbled on a Farpoint with controller, new, for 79.99.
The manager said a few came in recently.
Happy hunting
Evan E likes this.

Last edited by Mattdoc; 08-18-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Typo
post #6 of 11 Old 08-19-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Yup, just got mine at Best Buy. I had seen Techbargains showing stock at Gamestop, but I kept getting an error when trying to buy there. And Jet recently had a little restock as well, so I figured they may be trickling back in stock. So I check Best Buy, and they had it, but Ship to Store only. No biggie, and since I still have a Gamers Club membership, cost was only $63. Woohoo!

bg
post #7 of 11 Old 08-30-2017, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Thanks, I picked the only bundle available at my local Best Buy last night (since I was hoping to play Obduction, but apparently they've delayed the PSVR version). Only got about 45 minutes to play, but so far the graphics are really impressive.

I did have an annoying issue where the virtual gun kept drifting/angling to the left, even though I was holding the physical one straight ahead of me. Every minute or two I'd have to drop it by my side to snap it back to position. Hopefully that was just a temporary glitch that won't reappear tonight.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-30-2017, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Best Buy seems to keep getting stock on these but they sell out fast (within a couple hours).

I hope they increase availability soon, looks like it makes for a fun PSVR experience.

- Jason

HT = JVC RS40 / Lumagen Radiance / Vivitek 1186 /@133" / Denon x5200 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" subs x2 / CV 15" sub / Sony BDP s1000ES / Yamaha DV-S5860 / Toshiba HD-A3 / PureAV PF31
Media Room = Samsung 65KS8000 / Denon x3300 / Klipsch speakers / Velodyne subs / Samsung K8500 / PS4 Pro + PSVR / WiiU / PS3 / 360 / Wii / 1080 TI - i7 game PC / Multi-Arcade / My HT SLIDESHOW
post #9 of 11 Old 08-31-2017, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I wonder why Sony didn't just re-release the Playstation Move sharp shooter for PSVR? Or at least a tweaked version that works with PSVR, if there is some technical reason they didn't re-release the original one.
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-move-sharp-shooter-ps3.html
post #10 of 11 Old 08-31-2017, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 131
The Aim controller isn't just a Move controller slotted into a holder - it has all the buttons of a DS4 redistributed so that they're all within reach of your hands while you hold the controller rifle-style. Joysticks have been tweaked so that they move more easily, and even the X, O, [], and Triangle buttons have become a ring surrounding the rear-hand joystick. It's an interesting piece of product design that they clearly put a lot of thought into.

I wish it cost less, but if you get it with the bundle it's actually half the cost of a DS4.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-08-2017, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 494
We were able to grab one of the Aim/Farpoint bundles at Target today so if you're still looking check local Target stores since they say it's not an item that is available for shipping.

Best of luck,
- Jason

HT = JVC RS40 / Lumagen Radiance / Vivitek 1186 /@133" / Denon x5200 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" subs x2 / CV 15" sub / Sony BDP s1000ES / Yamaha DV-S5860 / Toshiba HD-A3 / PureAV PF31
Media Room = Samsung 65KS8000 / Denon x3300 / Klipsch speakers / Velodyne subs / Samsung K8500 / PS4 Pro + PSVR / WiiU / PS3 / 360 / Wii / 1080 TI - i7 game PC / Multi-Arcade / My HT SLIDESHOW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR)

Tags
sony psvr aim controller stock

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page