The Official D.M.V (DC/Maryland/Virginia) home theater thread... - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #181 of 204 Old 07-19-2013, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by prican2000 View Post

Hello all, my name is Marcos and I am the newest DMV member. I am located in Mechanicsville (St. Mary's) Maryland.

Welcome, when are you planning on starting your build?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 204 Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Marcos, wrelcome. Acoustics First is located in Richmond and they make a bunch of different sound treatments, including pre-construction things that go behind the walls. When you get a little further along you can always pick their brains
post #183 of 204 Old 07-24-2013, 05:39 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmo View Post

Welcome, when are you planning on starting your build?

Thanks Willmo - of course the Sooner the Better but unfortunately, I am a Federal Employee and so I'm dealing with a pay cut both for myself and my wife, but once I'm back to full pay status I will start buying supplies to start my project. Additionally, I have a full basement to complete which eventually will include a Guest Room, Full Bathroom, Bar and Game Room and once I frame the entire basement and run the electrical - I will then focus my efforts on finishing the HT first because me and my family are all Movie buff's - we all enjoy watching movies together and the HT would benefit us most.

Thanks for the info HighEndWire
post #184 of 204 Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 306

Hi all, I'll be throwing a movie event at my place on Sunday, September 15th--the movie will be Star Trek Into Darkness  on Blu Ray.  Folks in the DMV area and surrounding locales are more than welcome to swing by.  If attendance is on the smaller side, I will be screening the movie in 3D; if the attendance is large, I'll screen it in 2D.  I'm located in Severn, MD (25 minutes outside of DC close to Ft. Meade).

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in coming.

-Matt

The Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The System:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #185 of 204 Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Hi all, I'll be throwing a movie event at my place on Sunday, September 15th--the movie will be Star Trek Into Darkness  on Blu Ray.  Folks in the DMV area and surrounding locales are more than welcome to swing by.  If attendance is on the smaller side, I will be screening the movie in 3D; if the attendance is large, I'll screen it in 2D.  I'm located in Severn, MD (25 minutes outside of DC close to Ft. Meade).

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in coming.

-Matt

Hi Matt

I would have loved to have come to your movie event to listen to the Legacy speakers driven by your Marantz pre-pro, but I am unfortunately traveling that week. I hope that you will host another movie night in the near future and that I'll be able to make it.

I heard the Legacy speakers for the first time a month or so ago in the 2013 Capitol Audiofest that was held in Rockville MD. I liked the Legacy speakers more than any others that I heard and would have loved to have had the opportunity to listen to them in a real home theater setting. They don't have them in any dealers in this area so I've not been able to audition them after the AV show.

Thanks for hosting the movie event party.

Cal68

Cal68
post #186 of 204 Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey all,

The movie-event is unfortunately cancelled until early next year.  I'm in the processing of moving to a larger, nicer, more theater-friendly house in Charles County (20 minutes past the National Harbor).  I'll be sure to re-post the invite once the new room is setup!!!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #187 of 204 Old 09-09-2013, 05:29 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Hey all,

The movie-event is unfortunately cancelled until early next year.  I'm in the processing of moving to a larger, nicer, more theater-friendly house in Charles County (20 minutes past the National Harbor).  I'll be sure to re-post the invite once the new room is setup!!!

Congratulations on the planned move. Does this mean a new build is in the offing?
post #188 of 204 Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmo View Post

Congratulations on the planned move. Does this mean a new build is in the offing?

Thanks Willmo!  Oh yes, a new build is definitely coming.  100% sound-proofed (de-coupled room-within-a-room approach), 15ft-wide screen (If I can find a UHD projector after CEDIA than can light up a screen that size) and a number of other upgrades to the current gear.  The house is being built from scratch, but my involvement with the construction is...limited, since the builder has certain restrictions on owner involvement in the build process.  I hope to have it ready to go early next year, and will definitely post pics and re-post the invite once it's ready to go! I may even do a build thread.  So much to do :D

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #189 of 204 Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM

Hello All,

Name's David and new to the area.  I just purchased my first house in Bryans Road, MD.  I started my first HT and feeling like a rookie! LOL!  It would be cool to meet some new people who know what they are talking about that can help with my setup.  
My first theater:
120" Black Diamond .8 screen w/led back (2:35-1)
JVC DLA-RS66U3D w/ panamorphic lens
Oppo 103 bluray
apple tv
Marantz SR6007
Martin Logan speakers and sub

Last edited by dnyce330; 09-11-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Added my components
post #190 of 204 Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi David

Wendell here. I moved into this (new) house last year and am just arriving at the point where I can entertain building my HT. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on this board but I personally am thinking of a 150" 2.35 screen. I've been reading posts all over this board to get ideas. Good luck in your build!
post #191 of 204 Old 10-06-2013, 05:33 PM

Thanks Wendell! I went with at Zero Edge Black Diamond w/LED 120" 2:35-1. It's pretty nice!
post #192 of 204 Old 10-14-2013, 11:39 AM

Hi dnyce330..

I use to live in Bryans Road a few years ago. I think the area/community was called South Hampton right off of Indian Head Hwy (rt210).

Still working on my dedicated HT.. at the point of building fabric frames.....
post #193 of 204 Old 10-17-2013, 12:17 PM

Hi HT_SoulMan,

Nice to meet you.  Yeah it's out in the country! LOL!!  Still trying to get use to it.  Good luck on the HT!  

post #194 of 204 Old 04-20-2014, 01:47 PM

Liked: 12
Its been a while since we've had an event in DMV area - anyone willing to host a gathering in their HT?

I am willing to host an evening at my house in Falls Church, VA can only seat 6, 8 if I squeeze in. Probably a Saturday afternoon in May or June.
System:

Fronts - Legacy Signature IIIs
Center - Legacy Silver Screen
Rears - Celestion CS100s
RCenter - Vandersteen VCC
Subs - Triad InWall6 and DIY 12 inch
Onkyo TX-NR818
Sony BluRay
Epson UB 7500
Dalite 96 inch diagonal 1.33 screen

Anyone interested?

Bob
post #195 of 204 Old 04-20-2014, 07:27 PM

I'd love to attend schedule permitting! I'd really love to hear those Legacy speakers.
post #196 of 204 Old 04-21-2014, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarkeva View Post

Its been a while since we've had an event in DMV area - anyone willing to host a gathering in their HT?

I am willing to host an evening at my house in Falls Church, VA can only seat 6, 8 if I squeeze in. Probably a Saturday afternoon in May or June.
System:

Fronts - Legacy Signature IIIs
Center - Legacy Silver Screen
Rears - Celestion CS100s
RCenter - Vandersteen VCC
Subs - Triad InWall6 and DIY 12 inch
Onkyo TX-NR818
Sony BluRay
Epson UB 7500
Dalite 96 inch diagonal 1.33 screen

Anyone interested?

Bob

Hi Bob

I'd definitely be interested in coming over to listen to the Legacy speakers. I heard them for the first time at an A/V show in Bethesda last year and was quite impressed. It will be great to listen to them in a "real world" environment. Just as an FYI, I'm near Germantown in MD.

Cal68

Cal68
post #197 of 204 Old 04-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I would also like to hear the Legacy's. I have been a fan since I received their catelogs in the mail back in the late 1980's. I am in Frederick, MD.

Varibus Mari Victoria
post #198 of 204 Old 04-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Bob,
You are right it has been a while.
I would certainly like to hear your whole set up.

Paul
post #199 of 204 Old 05-25-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I too would love to listen to those Legacy too! However, as June is just around the corner, I guess it's not happening anytime soon? cool.gif

p.s. I would prefer the meet on Sunday as I work on Saturday.

~ Gary

)

post #200 of 204 Old 06-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Perhaps July?

I want to die in my sleep like grandpa... not kicking and screaming like the people in his car.
post #201 of 204 Old 07-10-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey all, I'm Doug (duh), new to HT and the forum. I'm in Ellicott City and would be interested in GTG.
BrolicBeast likes this.

post #202 of 204 Old 08-02-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Hey all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmo View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by BrolicBeast 

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by willmo 

Thanks Willmo!  Oh yes, a new build is definitely coming.  100% sound-proofed (de-coupled room-within-a-room approach), 15ft-wide screen (If I can find a UHD projector after CEDIA than can light up a screen that size) and a number of other upgrades to the current gear.  The house is being built from scratch, but my involvement with the construction is...limited, since the builder has certain restrictions on owner involvement in the build process.  I hope to have it ready to go early next year, and will definitely post pics and re-post the invite once it's ready to go! I may even do a build thread.  So much to do
Well, 11 months later, I can say that the theater is still under construction. I'll probably be building through October, but I really look forward to meeting some local enthusiasts either at my G2G (months in the future) or anyone else's!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #203 of 204 Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Well, 11 months later, I can say that the theater is still under construction. I'll probably be building through October, but I really look forward to meeting some local enthusiasts either at my G2G (months in the future) or anyone else's!
BB, count me in for your gtg. I'm almost done and would be happy to host. Maybe in September. I've been busy watching movies instead of finishing up the misc. items, but definitely would have a gtg. Can seat 5, 7 with the back bar. I'll post an invite when things are ready. I'm in North Columbia/North Laurel area.
post #204 of 204 Old 08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Subscribing to the thread. My theater is done -- and I am just in the final seasoning mode. It turned out great.

I will be taking some pics with a proper SLR and updating in the my setup thread. I would love to hear about the next GTG and meet some of the other local enthusiasts. Perhaps once I get everything dialed in (and my 2 month old gets a bit older), I could even host.

Regards,

CT

Sorry -- name is Cristian, I live in Vienna, and I am an HT addict ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140629_231123_hdr.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	221010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140629_231008_hdr.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	221018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140629_231051_hdr.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	221026  

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page