Edmonton, Alberta, CAN Theater Owners - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #1291 of 1292 Old 09-21-2017, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2884 Post(s)
Liked: 2172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi0gre View Post
Well simply put I love em. Ive never heard a ported sub in this league so i cant be objective. But based off my research and the size of my room which equates to 1700 cubic feet i felt it was the way to go considering my room is small and I can keep packing in these 4 cubic foot bass bombs all over the room without to much penalty. I don't need high pass filters and the bang for the buck beats out store bought.

@Gorilla83 is pretty much the one that gave me my inspiration to go this route http://www.avsforum.com/t/1443078/ne...y-faqs-in-here

When i seen @carp setup (see attached) and drooled onto my keyboard I knew that's the direction i needed to go.
You built a kick ass room you can build these subs or any Diy sub for that matter. The Marty builds get real high praise too if you want to go ported.

Offer still stands if ya want to drop by and have a listen your more than welcome!

Ahh man, I miss that look sometimes! It's easy to forget how our rooms used to look when we change/upgrade? stuff all the time.

Now I'm all grown up and boring with everything hiding behind an AT screen and false wall. Hmmm... although I must say I don't know how many "grown ups" cover the entire front half of their room in velvet.
Medi0gre likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1292 Old 09-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Edmonton, Alberta, CAN Theater Owners

That is an impressive stage of subs! Here I am talking about 21" drivers and whether I need ported over sealed when I'm coming from a single big box store 10" filling a 4000 cubic foot space.

I'm such an easy up sell, salesmen unite.
Medi0gre likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page