post #121 of 249 Old 02-18-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB View Post

OK, from the Doodle replies and other discussion, it looks like an extended meet on Saturday catches the most people. Will start early to mid-afternoon, say 2-ish, and extend into the early evening, say 8:30-ish.

Needing to look out a bit, so proposing either April 7th or April 14th. I closed the Doodle poll, just LMK by post or PM what works best for the most.
Tim

Senchapm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 249 Old 02-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 975
Got a wedding that second weekend of the 14th so no dice there in my case :/

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #123 of 249 Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If anyone is interested I have two Moho MFW-15s I need to get rid of.......

post #124 of 249 Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

If anyone is interested I have two Moho MFW-15s I need to get rid of.......

I'm nearby, how much $?
post #125 of 249 Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _benjammin View Post

I'm nearby, how much $?

Well per AVS policy for sale items must be "sold" in the "For sale section"......

PM sent.
post #126 of 249 Old 03-12-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _benjammin View Post

I'm nearby, how much $?

me too Nick... PM me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Glad you found it to! I've got the 'Manti panthers jersey to match as well!! All of those have since been moved to the stairs leading down into the theater and have been replaced with acoustic panels. I really really need to update my build gallery, there isnt really anything left from the original build, not even the screen, haha.

Speaking of that old screen, its still hanging in the storage room, why not just go for a good ole 106 incher and a PJ? Ill give you a good price

Hmmm... if I can afford a decent PJ I will DEFINITELY think about it. My HT room, although 9 ft tall and 21 feet long, IS only 10 feet wide so much bigger than 106 would be difficult anyways.
by the way B... how them Devil's doin?

@@@@@Tim - I think I'm gonna try to make the meet as well. Either April 7th or 14th will work for me but whichever weekend it ISN'T I'm going to Denver so I need to plan sometime this week if I will able to make it.
post #127 of 249 Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten8yp View Post

me too Nick... PM me...

Hmmm... if I can afford a decent PJ I will DEFINITELY think about it. My HT room, although 9 ft tall and 21 feet long, IS only 10 feet wide so much bigger than 106 would be difficult anyways.

@@@@@Tim - I think I'm gonna try to make the meet as well. Either April 7th of 14th will work for me but the opposite weekend I'm going to Denver so I need to plan sometime this week if I will able to make it.

bam!
post #128 of 249 Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 315
So has a date been chosen yet? I am out if it is the weekend of the 7th due to family now visiting for the Holiday.
post #129 of 249 Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Me too cant do the 7th, 14th would work though.....
post #130 of 249 Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Quote:

me too Nick... PM me...

@@@@@Tim - I think I'm gonna try to make the meet as well. Either April 7th of 14th will work for me but the opposite weekend I'm going to Denver so I need to plan sometime this week if I will able to make it.

Same issue I had as I only have 11 feet to work with. I just had enough to squeeze the triple 12's beside but knew inevitably I wanted them to be behind as it crammed them too far in the corners. I think you know just how Duke is doing, cmon

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #131 of 249 Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:

Same issue I had as I only have 11 feet to work with. I just had enough to squeeze the triple 12's beside but knew inevitably I wanted them to be behind as it crammed them too far in the corners. I think you know just how Duke is doing, cmon

Yep... just by looking at your pics I thought you were dealing with the same type of width scenario (or close to it). I'm not worried about massive drivers (like yours lol) but I would like to get the largest possible screen in that space that I can. I have already built my stage (which my 73" mitsubishi/tv stand/Polks/etc are now on) and riser but also inevitably I knew I would be looking at doing an acoustically transparent curtain and putting the speakers behind it.

Didn't you say you ended up being able to put a 125" screen in yours?

LONG NCAA Basketball Spiel -

LOL... yes I know how Duke is doing but I haven't been online in so long to give you hell about March 8th or for that matter let you give me an ear full about Feb. even though it was a complete fluke... lol. All kidding aside... Austin Rivers IS legit. Congrats on his accomplishments this year. And I think we can BOTH agree to give a big **** YOU to Florida St.. Can I say that in here?

Not to worry though... Fla St will be gone by the sweet 16 and both of us SHOULD be good until the Elite 8 where we potentially have Kentucky for you and Kansas for us. NOT kewl selection committee! The one positive about that is that IF we both won out all the way we COULD meet in the Championship game and make history where Carolina and Duke have NEVER before played in the NCAA tourney. THAT would be awesome. Although a rematch with Kentucky wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Good luck!

-If you are able to make the regional meet I'd love to talk more about it!
post #132 of 249 Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Quote:

Yep... just by looking at your pics I thought you were dealing with the same type of width scenario (or close to it). I'm not worried about massive drivers (like yours lol) but I would like to get the largest possible screen in that space that I can. I have already built my stage (which my 73" mitsubishi/tv stand/Polks/etc are now on) and riser but also inevitably I knew I would be looking at doing an acoustically transparent curtain and putting the speakers behind it.

Didn't you say you ended up being able to put a 125" screen in yours?

LONG NCAA Basketball Spiel -

LOL... yes I know how Duke is doing but I haven't been online in so long to give you hell about March 8th or for that matter let you give me an ear full about Feb. even though it was a complete fluke... lol. All kidding aside... Austin Rivers IS legit. Congrats on his accomplishments this year. And I think we can BOTH agree to give a big **** YOU to Florida St.. Can I say that in here?

Not to worry though... Fla St will be gone by the sweet 16 and both of us SHOULD be good until the Elite 8 where we potentially have Kentucky for you and Kansas for us. NOT kewl selection committee! The one positive about that is that IF we both won out all the way we COULD meet in the Championship game and make history where Carolina and Duke have NEVER before played in the NCAA tourney. THAT would be awesome. Although a rematch with Kentucky wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Good luck!

-If you are able to make the regional meet I'd love to talk more about it!

A NCAA rematch would be awesome, but it IS the 20yr anniversary of the Laettner shot against Kentucky, so I would really love to see that happen as well. Devils need a LOT of work before they can play at that caliber, cant live and die by the three anymore this season, they've proven to not be good enough in the stretch for THAT.

On another note, Ill post a pic in the next post of the new setup with the AT screen. It is an 123" Stewart I got for a SONG.

Have you decided on which weekend the meet is going to be?

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #133 of 249 Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 AM

I figured we were waiting on Tim to tell us when it was... I know I was anyways. I'm gonna go either way.... it just sounds like too much fun to pass up.
post #134 of 249 Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Forgot to post the pic
LL

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #135 of 249 Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Forgot to post the pic

I love to see mike stands chilling in other peoples theaters!

Reminds me im not the only one who likes to tinker!

Nice theater, its beasty!
post #136 of 249 Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM

Very nice B... I like the addition of the acoustic paneling. Two questions...

Is that a sub suspended from the top of the wall on the right side or are you seriously using a 12" driver in your surrounds???
and
How tall are your celings?

Nick - I have found that mics are absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for a good pair of ears and the know how to adjust settings manually. I've never used an Audessey mic that set my system up better than how I like my own personal settings. Just my oppinion though. What kinds of mics have you guys used to do it?
post #137 of 249 Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is that a sub suspended from the top of the wall on the right side or are you seriously using a 12" driver in your surrounds???
and

Nick - I have found that mics are absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for a good pair of ears and the know how to adjust settings manually. I've never used an Audessey mic that set my system up better than how I like my own personal settings. Just my oppinion though. What kinds of mics have you guys used to do it?

Everyone's taste is a bit different. Listening tests are equally as important. I find measurement most helpful in the regions our hearing is not so acute, like below 30 and above 10k.

I use REW and a Cross Spectrum EMM-6.
post #138 of 249 Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Quote:

I love to see mike stands chilling in other peoples theaters!

Reminds me im not the only one who likes to tinker!

Nice theater, its beasty!

Actually, BOTH mike stands are out more than they are up. haha.

Quote:

and

That speaker actually is my custom surround I built. It is a 10" coax. using an emminence mid and the Selenium d220ti compression driver. They perform quite well

ceiling is 7 1/2 feet.

Mics are a good starting point. Using audyssey to set your delays and levels is a good way to at least get your system in the ballpark. I always eq the sub manually first, run audyssey next, then go back in and adjust my XO levels. Once Im done with that, i go back and test the levels of each speaker and adjust them accordingly as well. Ive learning that audyssey never gets the speaker levels perfect, just pretty close. It seems to always get the speakers to around 72db which I end up adjusting up to 75, where the sub is anywhere from flat to +7 db's if I am running them hot. if I knew how to manually adjust delays, I would do that in a heartbeat, but that goes beyond my expertise.

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #139 of 249 Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:

That speaker actually is my custom surround I built. It is a 10" coax. using an emminence mid and the Selenium d220ti compression driver. They perform quite well

KEWL - Would love to hear and see that one of these days...

Quote:

ceiling is 7 1/2 feet.

I'm guessing thats useable space after you put in the drop down... I'm considering using some kind of short drop down (6 inches or less) so I can run some fiber optic lighting. I COULD do that in my sheetrocked ceiling if I really wanted to put in the effort... but thats alot. Right now I'm still working on the new wall and french door entry way.

Quote:

Mics are a good starting point. Using audyssey to set your delays and levels is a good way to at least get your system in the ballpark. I always eq the sub manually first, run audyssey next, then go back in and adjust my XO levels. Once Im done with that, i go back and test the levels of each speaker and adjust them accordingly as well. Ive learning that audyssey never gets the speaker levels perfect, just pretty close. It seems to always get the speakers to around 72db which I end up adjusting up to 75, where the sub is anywhere from flat to +7 db's if I am running them hot. if I knew how to manually adjust delays, I would do that in a heartbeat, but that goes beyond my expertise.

Thats good info... thats about where I would consider myself and kind of the same way I treat my settings after I run the mic test.
post #140 of 249 Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 PM

By the way... in my sig I posted a link to some pics. Obviously its still a work in progress but I got my riser and stage up and closed in the doorway on the back wall. After I finish the new wall and french doors I'm gonna start building a custom rack on the left wall which will potrude a little into my existing closet but I dont really need that much space. Then theres lighting/wiring soffets and finishing running wires which are all exposed right now. Here's a few teasers...

post #141 of 249 Old 03-30-2012, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Here is my Theater in progress http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1401995

I was pointed over to this local thread. I'm pretty good with anything PC related so if any one has any questions about HTPC"s feel free to ask.

post #142 of 249 Old 03-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVG81 View Post

Here is my Theater in progress http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1401995

I was pointed over to this local thread. I'm pretty good with anything PC related so if any one has any questions about HTPC"s feel free to ask.

Welcome!!!! I thought I was pretty good with a PC until I started trying to work REW, haha! Mics and external sound cards and all that jazz never seems to work for me

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #143 of 249 Old 03-30-2012, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVG81 View Post

Updated OP, Welcome James!
post #144 of 249 Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 PM

Welcome James... I think I found you in the Polk speaker thread right? Glad to have another Winston guy on board and glad you accepted my invite to come join us.

Your theater looks great btw. Just need some asthetic finesse and it will be bad ass. Love the screen.
How do you like the A2010? I've heard they are sweet. I know I asked in the other thread but what kind of fronts are you running? And projector for that matter...
post #145 of 249 Old 03-31-2012, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm running Athena F2's fronts, C1 center, B2 rears. I have an optima H20 projector. I'm really impressed with the picture on it. Had a JVC RS45 on preorder decided to wait.

post #146 of 249 Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone have a BR burner? I need to burn the scubasteve demo to a BR Disk......
post #147 of 249 Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM

post #148 of 249 Old 04-16-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do I do!

One of us needs to have a BR burning fiesta then...... Ill being the file and some disks!!!

90%!!!!
post #149 of 249 Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:

One of us needs to have a BR burning fiesta then...... Ill being the file and some disks!!!

90%!!!!

Sounds good to me... the burner is on a NASTY 3.8ghtz quad core frankenstein system pieced together from NewEgg parts that my brother built. We've yet to really even unleash it. I definitely need some help with some software on some things but the burner is working great. (We're having a little trouble with HDMI sound and really any digital sound at all... feel free to chime in if you know of any solutions or possible help via the web.)

If you guys want to work something out to ship BR's to me with a blank you want me to use and pre-paid shipping envelope to send it back I'll be glad to do it for you. Basically my only cut is getting a copy of whatever you send which I'm perfectly happy with if you guys are. Let me know...

Nate
post #150 of 249 Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds good to me... the burner is on a NASTY 3.8ghtz quad core frankenstein system pieced together from NewEgg parts that my brother built. We've yet to really even unleash it. I definitely need some help with some software on some things but the burner is working great. (We're having a little trouble with HDMI sound and really any digital sound at all... feel free to chime in if you know of any solutions or possible help via the web.)

If you guys want to work something out to ship BR's to me with a blank you want me to use and pre-paid shipping envelope to send it back I'll be glad to do it for you. Basically my only cut is getting a copy of whatever you send which I'm perfectly happy with if you guys are. Let me know...

Nate

Its about 95% now the only real problem is getting the file to you, its +40GB uncompressed!!!!

We'll figure it out though, and ill help anyone local get one on here.

Thats the benefit of a thread like this
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page