Pacific Northwest Area Home Theater Meetup - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Want to Come?
Absolutely, I love seeing and hearing new gear and meeting new HT groupies! 1 33.33%
No, home theater is lame and most of the people that like it are dorks. 0 0%
Maybe, I have to ask the wife and she already hates this stuff so I probably won't get to go. 1 33.33%
Yes, but only because I want to make fun of your gear. 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Hello All!

I will be hosting a regional get together at my house on August 17th. I plan on having a few rooms dedicated to the event with multiple setups for listening and viewing. We will also have food and drinks available and lots of area members that are home theater and audio fanatics. PM me for details and I'll have more info here as plans progress! The meet up will be hosted in Port Orchard Washington, which is just across the sound from Seattle and easy to get to from anywhere in the Northwest area. You can see my signature for pictures of the main theater room but there will be other setups throughout the house that will be fun and give you an idea of what you can do throughout the house to enjoy music and movies. Hope to see you there!!

Contributing Editor/Writer
Sound And Vision Magazine

Click Here To See My Current Setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Hey Kris,

Hopefully you'll get some movement up there as many down here around Portland/Vancouver have pretty much lost interest (or so it would seem).

I would like to come but don't know that I'll be able to make it. frown.gif

Best of luck!
Jason
post #3 of 18 Old 07-27-2013, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Jason. We have a facebook page for most of the area HT geeks up here and I've gotten good response on there. Chris from Secrets may be making the trip up from your neck of the woods, so if you were interested in going maybe you guys could carpool.

post #4 of 18 Old 08-02-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Count me in Kris. Should be a blast.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #5 of 18 Old 08-03-2013, 02:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So what time is kick-off Kris?

Is there anything that you would like people to bring along (or is just Mark bringing a dozen or so extra SubHP's enough)?

AVS should be co-sponsoring this event so we all get some nifty t-shirts (maybe David would come in his new Spruce Goose RV).

biggrin.gif
Jason
post #6 of 18 Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking forward to this Kris. Thanks for setting this up!

Shawn
post #7 of 18 Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Kick off is at 10:00 AM. I tried to get AVS involved but never got a response. We have close to 30 people confirmed right now plus a bunch of industry folks. Should be a lot of fun!!

post #8 of 18 Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I have family in Gig Harbour.............................

Maybe I'll stop by and see what the craze is all about concerning the "Submersive"......................

Or maybe find out I made a huge mistake purchasing an S2 sight unseen...........but then again I'm in the market for another pair of subs. smile.gif
post #9 of 18 Old 08-13-2013, 06:24 PM

So bummed to be missing out on a local event like this. Especially seeing that Seaton and other industry folks will be in attendance. My HT setup is still relatively meager with my eyes on a JTR / Seaton future, but will have to enjoy the rundown after the fact from attendees. Seems like an amazing event coming up, have a great time!
post #10 of 18 Old 08-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Hey Kris I would be there , its only 600 miles (from Eastern Washington) but I'm a lowly wheat farmer .And I'm in the middle of Harvest ( my income is all in one month,right now) So any other time I would be there with bells on. Big thanks for your efforts with what should be a rocking GTG.... Have fun , I'm working 6 ,14 hour days a week when your having fun ,I'll just be day dreaming of hanging with you guys. So count me out.........Thanks Kelly
post #11 of 18 Old 08-17-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ok, where's the LIVE video feed..?

biggrin.gif

Jason
post #12 of 18 Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

This looked like fun. I am waiting to hear how this event turned out.

Disappointed that I missed it. Well. there is always next time.smile.gif
post #13 of 18 Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawdad View Post

This looked like fun. I am waiting to hear how this event turned out.

Disappointed that I missed it. Well. there is always next time.smile.gif

+1

Shocked there has been no feedback/pics from this meet with so many people in attendance.

Jason
post #14 of 18 Old 08-21-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I happened to stumble across this - http://referencehometheater.com/2013/commentary/pacific-nw-home-theater-get-together/

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps? "

Sony 55EX500 Settings
post #15 of 18 Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Wow that sounds like it was a spectacular meet, all that knowledge and expertise gathered together at one location is nothing short of amazing, congratulations Kris.

I am even more bummed that I missed it but we had a great family weekend with my autistic son for his 17th b-day.

I agree and hope that your meet will spawn some new found interest in PNW HT meets, I try to offer up something at least once a year and I am currently planning a gaming related event (something our local group has not really done in the past).

Hopefully I can make it to your next event.

Regards,
Jason

- - - - -
post #16 of 18 Old 08-26-2013, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Kris,

Although I live way too far away to have attended this, I would have loved to and I thank you for hosting it. I'm also glad to have heard something about the Legacy speakers -- I hope you'll be writing a more detailed review soon, whether here on AVS or in print, or otherwise.

I do hope that more attendees will filter into this thread and post their experiences and impressions, so that the rest of us can live vicariously through them. Other than the site linked to a few posts above, I haven't heard a thing about this. There was a meetup a few months ago that generated many pages of posts, and I was hoping for something similar here. Ready, set, go!

post #17 of 18 Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
I have to say a big thanks to Kris for hosting such a great meet up! The time and effort he put into hosting was evident and much appreciated by the all of us who were lucky enough to be there.

It was great to get together with some like minded people. And the demonstrations were nothing short of spectacular. I have never seen finer video from a projection setup. And the audio was amazing, I've heard pro speakers that seemed as dynamic (without it's infrasonic capability) as his system, but I've never thought they actually sounded good. It turns out Kris has his cake and can eat it too. The demo clip of the street shootout scene for The Book of Eli really stood out to me. To say I was impressed with the systems ability to cleanly recreate the gunshots so dynamic and distortion free would be a understatement. Also when I had a chance to sit in the second row during a few demos, I asked in earnest if buttkickers were installed. The answer was no, but if Kris had said yes, I would have believed him. Kris has put together a truly first rate theater system for sure.

Getting a chance to sit down and chat with Mark Seaton and Roger Dressler was a real treat for me as I'm sure it was for everyone else. I also got the chance to embarrass myself and my lack of video knowledge in front the very funny and gracious Don Munsil. He put on great presentation of the Spears and Munsil 2nd HD Benchmark. Don even signed the copy of it he gave me at the end of the presentation!

A huge thanks again to Kris and the vendors who donated for the swag bags. I was just thrilled to attend the meet up, let alone come home with a bag of goodies! biggrin.gif

post #18 of 18 Old 08-29-2013, 07:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well, I picked a lousy time to not cruise the Forums...

VERY bummed that I wasn't aware of this! But I'm glad that so many people were able to attend, sounds like it was a great event with so many recognizable names. I would have gladly made the trip across the water to meet other enthusiasts, and to see and experience a HT system that I might be fortunate enough to own one day. wink.gif

Meeting and chatting with Mark Seaton would have been a nice bonus since I proudly own an MFW-15 w/ his Turbo Kit upgrade.

Hopefully there will be other GTGs in the Seattle area on a semi-regular basis, especially now that today's rainy, windy weather is reminding us that more indoor activities will soon start happening. I should probably join the FB HT group that was mentioned somewhere, though I'd have to request my password since its been over three years since I logged on...

Again, I'm glad that this local event was such a success! So who's hosting the next one? smile.gif

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page