Kansas City Area Home Theater Meets and Movie Night Events! - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

post #511 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
What's going on with you selling everything!! You gotta keep that vintage Pioneer receiver!

That - is why I can never move! No complaints from neighbors either!
That is NICE! My HVAC is right by my HT screen and the sound is piped directly up two floors into my daughters room. My current space has a lot of lessons for when I retire from Navy and settle down (ie not moving every 2-3 yrs).

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
What's going on with you selling everything!! You gotta keep that vintage Pioneer receiver!

That - is why I can never move! No complaints from neighbors either!
Well let me shed some light. We have decided to stay where we are for a few more years. So here's what's happening. Buying a harley most likely. Lol. Selling things that would otherwise be in storage for three years. Pioneer going bye bye. Cornwalls will go in storage. Lots of thee little things. But plan in finishing the basemt home theater room. Hopefully carpet frame the concrete walls and drywall. Moving AT wall back 15 inches. Scope 138" screen now. Panny 8000 hopefully. Then selling sherbourn and just going with an avr since I cut everything at 80. Also selling sealed boxes for subs most likely and going ported as I would rather have some extra headroom than single digit output.
post #513 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 848
I'll be hosting a movie night this Friday 7/18 at my place for anyone who'd like to come and see my new setup. Panasonic PT-AE8000U, 144" Seymour XD 2.35:1 screen, Mackie C200 surrounds, JTR 228HT L/C/R, JTR Captivator subs, etc.

I'll be showing the movie Collateral (hopefully it's something you guys haven't seen yet)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/collateral/
Or if people attending veto that one for some reason or another - I'll pick another film. I prefer lesser known but great movies (or new movies) to avoid boredom of a rewatch, but will surely show a few well known demo clips for the comparisons - including a brief 3d demo with the movie Gravity for anyone who hasn't seen 3d at home. (anyone have any extra compatible 3d glasses? I currently only have four)

Let me know who is attending so I know how many to plan for. I can PM my address if you don't know it.

Be there at 7PM - eat dinner before you get there - but I'll have soda/beer/snacks. We'll go as long as people have interest.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; 07-14-2014 at 04:50 PM.
post #514 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post
Well let me shed some light. We have decided to stay where we are for a few more years. So here's what's happening. Buying a harley most likely. Lol. Selling things that would otherwise be in storage for three years. Pioneer going bye bye. Cornwalls will go in storage. Lots of thee little things. But plan in finishing the basemt home theater room. Hopefully carpet frame the concrete walls and drywall. Moving AT wall back 15 inches. Scope 138" screen now. Panny 8000 hopefully. Then selling sherbourn and just going with an avr since I cut everything at 80. Also selling sealed boxes for subs most likely and going ported as I would rather have some extra headroom than single digit output.
You have plenty of headroom goober.
Aren't you currently cutting the sealed SI 18"s in the lower frequencies by like 10dB because of ridiculous room gain?
hahah. This hobby is a disease!

When by myself I typicall watch all my movies at about -12. I watched probably six movies in the last two weeks and all of them at -14 or -16 or so with my inlaws present. That's what's comfortable for most.

headroom....

pshhhh

When are my eight ultimax 18"s shipping again?

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #515 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Let's start a thread for Kansas City Home Theater enthusiasts!

Here is a list of active home theater hobbiest in Kansas City, at least in relation to the ongoing KC g2gs that I'm aware of.
  • Archaea - JTR 228HT / Onkyo PR-SC 5508 / Sherbourn 7-350, JTR Captivators / Crown XLS-5000, Epson 8350 projector, buttkicker mini LFE
  • carp
  • d_c
  • jedimastergrant
  • Luke Camp
  • MrSmithers
  • ScrappyDue
  • Stitch1 - SVSound SCS-01 / Denon 2809 / SVS PB-12NSD / Epson 8500UB, 110” 16x9 Elite Screen, PS3, Xbox360, Wii U, Roku XD, Apple TV
  • Randy Bessinger

Here is a list of hobbiest who are in KC area, but perhaps not as active in the A/V events I'm aware of.
  • 04FLHRCI
  • bezlar
  • bluesprings1
  • boots rojas
  • chirpie
  • counsil
  • cvinfig - living room: Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 & PLC150 / Marantz 7005 / Outlaw 7500, SVS PB2-Plus, Sony 60" SXRD ... home theater: Dynaudio Confidence C1 / Anthem AVM50v / Anthem A5, currently N/A, Epson 6010
  • energyfun
  • eviltwincustoms
  • KC Sphinx
  • kcnitro07
  • menotsodumb
  • rboster
  • Sadus
  • superedge88
  • tatersly
  • tcottonab
  • thebean
  • wildcat82
  • robotbunny
  • financethis
  • maedgo
  • JDontee

Here is a list of notable hobbiest within about a three hour drive that are active in nearby communities, and frequent KC g2g events.
  • desertdome
  • dlbeck
  • kwarny
  • HuskerOmaha
  • tesseract67
I'm probably missing people - for that I apologize, but otherwise these are guys I've at least interacted with through PM on several occassions and I know they live locally - many I've been to their house and they to mine.

We have a google groups membership that we use to communicate with as well:
Kansas City Home Theater Enthusiasts

Feel free to request access to this google group:
Luke Kamp, carp, stitch1, and I are the managers of the google group - so you'll want to request access through one of us.

I like the IA Meet? thread and it's constant updates. I hope to generate something like that for the KC enthusiasts. One could even use this thread to suggest they want to go see a movie at the new Dolby Atmos theater in NKC and see if anyone else out of our local group is interested in meeting them there. Just whatever... I hope the thread becomes yet another means of communication for a group of friends.

What I suggest is that those interested can consider hosting one evening for a rotating movie night. The interval can be fleshed out - - -Perhaps monthly, perhaps quarterly. You may only wish to host once, you may wish to host more often. If you would like to host a movie night at your home to show of your equipment, meet other enthusiasts in the hobby, or learn more about the hobby please provide the date you are willing to host. The details of the g2g can be hashed out through PM to keep address and contact information private if preferred. A few of the KC enthusiasts did this a couple years ago, but the monthly movie night g2g events slowed to a stop due to lack of participation. I'd like to see if we can resume the activity,as they were a lot of fun and a chance to learn more about the hobby and see many different setups.

If you'd like to be added to the list, or would consider hosting an event - please sound off in the thread! If you'd like to have your gear mentioned in the local user list please feel free to post in the thread and I'll update this first post.
User the format:
User - Speakers / Receiver/pre-amp/amp, Subs / Amp, video display device, unique items

I live on a farm about 20 miles south of Topeka. Takes about 90 minutes to get to KC. Would be nice to get together with like mined people. Luv it in the country but the cows do not appreciate the Von Schweikert Audio HT set-up.
post #516 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Hey Kevin, I got your PM and replied with my info.

You should contact Archaea, Jedimastergrant, Luke Kamp, Mrsmithers, Randy Bessinger, d_c, Scrappydue, Stitch1 if he ever gets moved/room done .

Archaea, Mrsmithers, Jedimastergrant all have AT screens and Jedi and Randy have very well treated/dedicated rooms. My favorite room of the bunch is Jedi's but all have awesome things about them. My favorite room for music listening is my own, I spend way too much time doing that.

Archaea has a baffle wall and the biggest AT screen, pretty damn cool!

Mrsmithers and d_c have the most DIY stuff, d_c has massive subs in his attic above his room firing down into the room!!!

I have the biggest screen but worst projector...

I think Scrappy is selling his video stuff and buying new stuff... not sure.

If you are a night owl you could come over any pretty much any weeknight in the next few weeks, weekends are tougher. I'm a teacher on break and my wife goes to bed by 10:00 and then I'm free to play with the system after that - pretty much every night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post
Welcome! Lots of great guys around here with a lot of nice gear to demo. Lots of JTR owners. Lot of diy subs which I'm sure someone could help if you wanted to go that way. I think I am the lone klipsch guy now. I just can't afford the JTR noesis 212's. However I have some new klipsch cinema stuff that for the money I think hands down is the best money I've spent to date on all my gear. However it's not living room friendly by any means.

Let any of us know if you wanna stop by for a demo I'm sure most will oblige.
Thanks guys, you sound like a good bunch of guys. I definitely need to get talk to some of the here and demoing as many theaters as I can. Most of this is only going to be done once, so I want to get it right the first time.
post #517 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I'll be hosting a movie night this Friday 7/18 at my place for anyone who'd like to come and see my new setup. Panasonic PT-AE8000U, 144" Seymour XD 2.35:1 screen, Mackie C200 surrounds, JTR 228HT L/C/R, JTR Captivator subs, etc.

I'll be showing the movie Collateral (hopefully it's something you guys haven't seen yet)
Or if people attending veto that one for some reason or another - I'll pick another film. I prefer lesser known but great movies (or new movies) to avoid boredom of a rewatch, but will surely show a few well known demo clips for the comparisons - including a brief 3d demo with the movie Gravity for anyone who hasn't seen 3d at home. (anyone have any extra compatible 3d glasses? I currently only have four)

Let me know who is attending so I know how many to plan for. I can PM my address if you don't know it.

Be there at 7PM - eat dinner before you get there - but I'll have soda/beer/snacks. We'll go as long as people have interest.
I definitely might be interested, but can we do Short Circuit 2? I need to torture my girlfriend a bit.
post #518 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
That is NICE! My HVAC is right by my HT screen and the sound is piped directly up two floors into my daughters room. My current space has a lot of lessons for when I retire from Navy and settle down (ie not moving every 2-3 yrs).
Go Navy. i did 8 years in japan and san diego. miss it!
post #519 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You have plenty of headroom goober.
Aren't you currently cutting the sealed SI 18"s in the lower frequencies by like 10dB because of ridiculous room gain?
hahah. This hobby is a disease!

When by myself I typicall watch all my movies at about -12. I watched probably six movies in the last two weeks and all of them at -14 or -16 or so with my inlaws present. That's what's comfortable for most.

headroom....

pshhhh

When are my eight ultimax 18"s shipping again?
your right i do cut. however i have demo'd a few movies at reference lately by myself and straight shut the inuke off. that is the exact reason i got rid of the svs. so maybe moving them out of the corners has made the difference. another inuke 6000dsp would probably do the trick. as i think the amp is running out of juice more than anything. problem is that if i do that i have the wrong ohm setup on my woofers. i have zero desire to move away from the inuke amps also. i love them. so user friendly for me.

and as far as volume i watch by myself at -10 to -5. parents get -12 to -15 maybe. however i also do not have the dynamic volume.

jonathon im gonna have to miss friday buddy. my wife and son are leaving saturday for Oregon for a few weeks. so if you and i can do another night that would be great. and I'm working nights so during the week is impossible for me.
post #520 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 142
My first tour was San Diego, keep trying to get back. Cambodia was the furthest away, but it had some good points. I am at 16 yr pt.

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
post #521 of 773 Old 07-14-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
My first tour was San Diego, keep trying to get back. Cambodia was the furthest away, but it had some good points. I am at 16 yr pt.
home stretch. i wish i had stayed in however having a family changed my perspective of going out on the carrier for 8-10 months at a time.
post #522 of 773 Old 07-15-2014, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I definitely might be interested, but can we do Short Circuit 2? I need to torture my girlfriend a bit.
That'd torture me!

Let me rephrase, I'm open to good suggestions for alternate movies.

BTW
Cvinfig is in

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #523 of 773 Old 07-15-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
That'd torture me!

Let me rephrase, I'm open to good suggestions for alternate movies.

BTW
Cvinfig is in
I'd actually love to see The Raid 2 if anyone has it. I'd be willing to redbox it too (if I can find it).
post #524 of 773 Old 07-16-2014, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I can't make it for a movie Friday night, but I'd love to hear and see the new setup. Then again, if I did that, I'd just come home and go into a deep depression when I hear mine....
post #525 of 773 Old 07-16-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 594
I bought some new chairs yesterday to go with my new speakers. I put a ton of pictures on my room thread, but here is a couple.
I looked forever to find chairs that I like. What I like most about these chairs is that they are very wide, almost 26 inches from inside of the chair arms and they lay very flat - but at the same time I don't need a pillow to prop up my head even when they are all the way reclined. Love the power recline too.

I bought them at Aminis Galleria on Metcalf. The store manager - Billy- was awesome. He went way out of his way to help me out and was very patient since I take forever to make a decision. I came in 2 different times and he helped me both times, and did some research for me in between visits. Turns out these chairs that I liked the best in the store were from a company that was bought out by Row One (which has also bought out Barcalounger). Row One decided to not continue to make these chairs because they figured they were close to the Manhattan model that they make. Arminis also had the Manhattan and it is close, however the chairs I bought have a wider seating area and wider arm rests and I really like that.

Billy offered me a great price since these were the last of those seats around, so it was nice that I got a good deal and was able to take them right away instead of waiting on an order.

They aren't perfect, I don't think anything is. They don't have storage compartments and I did notice last night that after a long time they do get warm.

So, if any of you need chairs you might want to check out Arminis and talk to Billy. He told me they might be getting some of the Row One chairs that have built in massage on their demo floor.

I put a ton of pics of my room with the new speakers and chairs on my room thread here:

Carp's Basement

Here are a few:

Last edited by carp; 07-16-2014 at 10:03 PM.
post #526 of 773 Old 07-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Looks good, man!
post #527 of 773 Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
I bought some new chairs yesterday to go with my new speakers. I put a ton of pictures on my room thread, but here is a couple.
I looked forever to find chairs that I like. What I like most about these chairs is that they are very wide, almost 26 inches from inside of the chair arms and they lay very flat - but at the same time I don't need a pillow to prop up my head even when they are all the way reclined. Love the power recline too.

I bought them at Arminis Galleria on Metcalf. The store manager - Billy- was awesome. He went way out of his way to help me out and was very patient since I take forever to make a decision. I came in 2 different times and he helped me both times, and did some research for me in between visits. Turns out these chairs that I liked the best in the store were from a company that was bought out by Row One (which has also bought out Barcalounger). Row One decided to not continue to make these chairs because they figured they were close to the Manhattan model that they make. Arminis also had the Manhattan and it is close, however the chairs I bought have a wider seating area and wider arm rests and I really like that.

Billy offered me a great price since these were the last of those seats around, so it was nice that I got a good deal and was able to take them right away instead of waiting on an order.

They aren't perfect, I don't think anything is. They don't have storage compartments and I did notice last night that after a long time they do get warm. Not bad, but enough to notice.

So, if any of you need chairs you might want to check out Arminis and talk to Billy. He told me they might be getting some of the Row One chairs that have built in massage on their demo floor.

I put a ton of pics of my room with the new speakers and chairs on my room thread here:

Carp's Basement

Here are a few:

Looks awesome SC!
post #528 of 773 Old 07-16-2014, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW
Cvinfig is in
ChldsPlay and g/f are in too.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #529 of 773 Old 07-17-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
ChldsPlay and g/f are in too.
I happen to be tied up Friday night. Don't forget to have a second showing!
carp and chiptouz like this.
post #530 of 773 Old 07-17-2014, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I will have more - this is just an easy opportunity since the wife and kids are busy this week.

I've still got some boxes and mess laying around - so this is more 'opportunity based' than the formal 'everything is perfect' and I'm ready for company. But in reality - - as often as we all change our gear --- what difference does it matter. The next time I host something I hope to have the eight sealed Ultimax in play with the Captivators.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

Last edited by Archaea; 07-18-2014 at 01:26 PM.
post #531 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 01:18 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I will be at work as usual! I'm sorry I will will miss the grand opening Archaea, and I'm bummed because I really want to see your new setup.

Same with you Carp, I want to hear those giant freaking 215s.

I'm finished with mine finally, so I need to have you guys out too. The TD12m/SEOS12 LCR sound pretty nice with the rest of the crew. I need to paint them, but I'm busy listening to them...

Archaea and chiptouz like this.
post #532 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

YEAH DOUG! looking good!

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #533 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Looks great, Doug! Nice media player, but you are missing come cover art.
post #534 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 01:50 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Quote:
YEAH DOUG! looking good!
Thanks! Bring beer and ear plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
Looks great, Doug! Nice media player, but you are missing come cover art.
I know... lazy!!
post #535 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That sofit overhanging your front soundstage and TV is RIPE for a electric drop down projection screen!
chiptouz likes this.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #536 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 02:44 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Quote:
That sofit overhanging your front soundstage and TV is RIPE for a electric drop down projection screen!
Yes, yes - Mary said she would like a motorized drop-down too, so that is a go. Question is: how big and what projector? I sit about 12' from the screen wall, and the pj would be 17-18' back
post #537 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
Yes, yes - Mary said she would like a motorized drop-down too, so that is a go. Question is: how big and what projector? I sit about 12' from the screen wall, and the pj would be 17-18' back
My motorized is a 126" diagonal (110" wide) 16:9 from Seymour AV. I already owned the projector so I went as wide as I could given the projector and throw. Go as wide and high as you can. With JRiver you can shift the 2:35 image up/down and then adjust the motorized screen so you have 3 black velvet sides.

RMK! and dlbeck both own the Sony VPL-HW55ES and it looks awesome on their Seymour AT screens. It is also very quiet. At your distance, the projector can throw an image from 96" - 147" wide.
post #538 of 773 Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ended up watching some demo clips and Ender's Game tonight with some of the AVSforum enthusiasts tonight. Cvinfig (Chuck) and ChldsPlay (Kevin) and g/f were good company! Thanks to Cvinfig for the bottle of wine and ChldsPlay and significant other for the cookies! Our family will enjoy both!
We let some of the early demos rip to reference level playback or a little better - but we watched the full movie at -12dB with the subs perhaps 5 or 6 dB hot from standard - which is the volume at which I personally typically watch a movie. Ender's Game was an enjoyable movie, but - per typical - the book was better.

I think the three guests enjoyed themselves and I encouraged them to see some of the other theaters owned by the KC AVS gang in the area ---- so if they follow through some of you should hopefully have some PMs and an opportunity to show of your hobby enthusiasm and equipment as well. CVinfig had seen jedimastergrants theater solely, and ChldsPlay's first visit with an avsforum enthusiast was here.

Cvinfig is taking possession of a JTR Orbit Shifter as soon as Jeff can get it shipped, so I'm quite sure he'll have some fun ---- and reap some destruction with that. ChldsPlay is gathering ideas and plans to build his own home theater space - so seeing some different spaces will help in his endeavor.
Having owned a pair of SVS PB 13 ultras myself - I can assure Cvinfig that his soon to be Orbit Shifter is just out of this world compared to what he has now! MAJOR upgrade! I can't wait to hear his thoughts on that when he gets it into place.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

Last edited by Archaea; 07-18-2014 at 10:42 PM.
post #539 of 773 Old 07-19-2014, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
It's late so I'll be brief: man those dual Caps put on a show. Also, what was that acoustic guitar song we listened to? I think it was the second song played. I want that and the latest Daft Punk album. Thanks again for having us and I'll post a few more thoughts tomorrow.
post #540 of 773 Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Again, big thanks to Archaea for hosting a movie night and letting us enjoy his theater room. I liked how his equipment rack was easily accessible but, at least for me, it never drew attention to itself when the lights were off - in my room I occasionally get distracted by equipment lights. Also, I have some serious screen-envy; his is huge compared to my little 104", 1.78:1 screen. Archaea's room also reinforced my belief that identical speakers across the front is the way to go; they sounded fantastic. Finally, as I mentioned in my previous post, the dual Caps were the star of the show for me and makes me think all of the waiting for the Orbit Shifter will be well worth it. They were giving the door to his storage room fits though, but that was the only rattle I heard which is pretty amazing given how much I was feeling them.
Archaea likes this.
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page