Houston and surrounding area meet!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 262 Old 09-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Member
 
conanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugar Land Texas
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
NOTICE!

Postings about the upcoming 2015 meeting are being made in the "Houston '2014'" meeting thread.
conanb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 262 Old 09-09-2015, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,231
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #243 of 262 Old 10-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Member
 
conanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugar Land Texas
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
(Duplicate posting)The MEETING is still on for October 10, 2015

AGENDA
6:30 - 7:00 PM
Meet in the kitchen to introduce ourselves to each other and eat delivered (Pizza or Chinese?)

7:00 - 7:30 PM Presentation by the host in theater room.
Background and history leading to construction.
Evaluations, decisions and construction details.

7:30 - 8:00
Host presents audio video demonstrations: various sources, media, interests.

8:00 - 9:00
Guests present their audio video demos.

[Bathroom Break]

9:15 - 11:00
Feature movie or performance.

================================================== =======
I will email the host's location to you only after I receive an email from you, sent privately to me (Richard Behling) at conanb1@yahoo.com
with the following details:
Your Contact information: names, address, phone number, email addresses.
AVScience's avatar name.
Preference for pizza or chinese food delivery.
A brief description of your primary interests for this meeting, and a list of the demo material you want to see and bring.
Your choice of entertainment desired, movie or performance.
The host's address will be sent privately by email back to you by me.

(Spouses and other adult guests are also invited.)

Our host requires we follow these protocols:
Show and copy photo ids.
Register - Name, address, phone, email, interests.
Wear name tags.
No food or drink in the Theater.
conanb is offline  
 
post #244 of 262 Old 10-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Member
 
conanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugar Land Texas
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ted Tolleson's Saturday night's meeting is CANCELED
conanb is offline  
post #245 of 262 Old 10-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Member
 
conanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugar Land Texas
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ted Tolleson's Saturday night's meeting is CANCELED
conanb is offline  
post #246 of 262 Old 10-11-2015, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,231
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Wow! Two hours before the meet and a cancellation! I would have been really pissed giving out my info and then not even being able to attend. Sorry, I am being a jerk, but just my $.02

http://www.computertechnologieslab.com/ Website Design Professionals

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #247 of 262 Old 10-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Senior Member
 
bsuave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northwest Houston, TX
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
In their defense, it was a day or so before. They offered alternative things and said they would reschedule.
bsuave is offline  
post #248 of 262 Old 10-11-2015, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,231
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Fair enough.

http://www.computertechnologieslab.com/ Website Design Professionals

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #249 of 262 Old 11-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
mike1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I don't know if the owner of this one is in this group, or even on AVSForum, but we NEED our next meet to be at this house.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...wood/75203390/
bsuave likes this.
mike1812 is offline  
post #250 of 262 Old 11-07-2015, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
7channelfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
I don't know if the owner of this one is in this group, or even on AVSForum, but we NEED our next meet to be at this house.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...wood/75203390/
I've seen a couple of Star Trek themed rooms on the net. I'd like to see it as well.
7channelfreak is offline  
post #251 of 262 Old 04-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
sirjaymz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 80
So with the last one cancelled , is there a plan for another GtG?
sirjaymz is offline  
post #252 of 262 Old 05-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
xylem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Houston
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Houston ! ? ! ! ?

Hello Houston people, did you give up on the meeting!

I just find this thread and I would love to get Houston and near area to start meetings again!
Showing off rooms, sharing ideas...!!

Let's do this y'all !

Sony VPL-HW40ES / Silver Ticket 110"
Pioneer SC-97
Klipsch RP-450C / 2x RP-280F / 2x R-5650-S II / 2x F-30 / 2x CDT5800 II
Sub: Outlaw Ultra-X12
HTPC Windows 7 and Kodi (with custom Phenomenal skin) / Home Server for Media
My personal take on Acoustic Panels and Posters
xylem is online now  
post #253 of 262 Old 05-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Member
 
conanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugar Land Texas
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylem View Post
Hello Houston people, did you give up on the meeting!

I just find this thread and I would love to get Houston and near area to start meetings again!
Showing off rooms, sharing ideas...!!

Let's do this y'all !
I know an architect who designed a beautiful dedicated addition to his home for high end audio and video reproduction.

His home is located not very far from IKEA in Houston.

I have visited his home several times over the years, and he indicated that he should be ready to host this Spring.

Let me know if you would like to attend a get together, using the same sign-up and ID criteria as the previously cancelled meetup.

conanb is offline  
post #254 of 262 Old 05-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
xylem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Houston
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb View Post
I know an architect who designed a beautiful dedicated addition to his home for high end audio and video reproduction.

His home is located not very far from IKEA in Houston.

I have visited his home several times over the years, and he indicated that he should be ready to host this Spring.

Let me know if you would like to attend a get together, using the same sign-up and ID criteria as the previously cancelled meetup.

If I am in town, I am in!

Sony VPL-HW40ES / Silver Ticket 110"
Pioneer SC-97
Klipsch RP-450C / 2x RP-280F / 2x R-5650-S II / 2x F-30 / 2x CDT5800 II
Sub: Outlaw Ultra-X12
HTPC Windows 7 and Kodi (with custom Phenomenal skin) / Home Server for Media
My personal take on Acoustic Panels and Posters

Last edited by xylem; 05-04-2017 at 07:34 AM.
xylem is online now  
post #255 of 262 Old 07-31-2017, 01:15 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylem View Post
If I am in town, I am in!
Likewise... whenever
PW_HOU is offline  
post #256 of 262 Old 08-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
AV-NUT-99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am in Austin now, but if you guys can get a meet setup I would love to attend. Still have family and friends in Houston, so no big deal fro me to head that way fro a couple of days.

Let me know if you get something set up!

Thanks,

John Dixon
AV-NUT-99 is offline  
post #257 of 262 Old 08-16-2017, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
7channelfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-NUT-99 View Post
I am in Austin now, but if you guys can get a meet setup I would love to attend. Still have family and friends in Houston, so no big deal fro me to head that way fro a couple of days.

Let me know if you get something set up!

Thanks,
Did you finish your new theater over there yet?
7channelfreak is offline  
post #258 of 262 Old 08-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb View Post
I know an architect who designed a beautiful dedicated addition to his home for high end audio and video reproduction.

His home is located not very far from IKEA in Houston.

I have visited his home several times over the years, and he indicated that he should be ready to host this Spring.

Let me know if you would like to attend a get together, using the same sign-up and ID criteria as the previously cancelled meetup.

I am in. Let's meet up.

Regards,
NJ

Fronts: RF-82 II
Center: RC-62II
Subs: 2 X R-112SW
Front Surrounds: 2 X RS-52II
Rear Surrounds: 2 X RB-61 II
ATMOS in ceiling: 4 X Klipsch CDT-5800-C II
nandkisham is offline  
post #259 of 262 Old 08-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
AV-NUT-99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
Did you finish your new theater over there yet?
Sorry for the late response - I have been busy and out of town for a few weeks. To answer your question on my new theater....sadly no! I have started demolition of a wall which I am moving about 3.5 feet to increase the width of the room from about 12.5 feet to close to 16 feet. The length is about 24 feet which I think I can maintain after removing the existing one car garage door. This will require extending the 8" high stub wall that surrounds the entire garage upon which the side and back walls are installed across the opening for the garage once the door is moved. I will then fill in the opening between the existing garage door side supports with a new wall, flush with the inside of the existing opening. I will then finish the out side of this new wall with a false wood look door. I will also be removing all of the existing dry wall, walls and ceiling. Once the ceiling is open I will be able to get a good look at the possibility of bumping the ceiling up to 10 feet, probably a 3/4 perimeter 18 - 24" coffer style leaving the front open to the full 10' height.

All of this is moving slowly as I have had a lot of outside yard work to do clearing out a lot of cedar trees and trying to get the front lawns in shape. never realized how much work an acre of land could be!

I will start a build thread once I get to a point of knowing what I will be doing - hopefully by October when it starts to cool off here in Georgetown, TX.

John Dixon
AV-NUT-99 is offline  
post #260 of 262 Old 08-24-2017, 01:19 AM
Member
 
conanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugar Land Texas
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Do you want to keep in touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV-NUT-99 View Post
Sorry for the late response - I have been busy and out of town for a few weeks. To answer your question on my new theater....sadly no! I have started demolition of a wall which I am moving about 3.5 feet to increase the width of the room from about 12.5 feet to close to 16 feet. The length is about 24 feet which I think I can maintain after removing the existing one car garage door. This will require extending the 8" high stub wall that surrounds the entire garage upon which the side and back walls are installed across the opening for the garage once the door is moved. I will then fill in the opening between the existing garage door side supports with a new wall, flush with the inside of the existing opening. I will then finish the out side of this new wall with a false wood look door. I will also be removing all of the existing dry wall, walls and ceiling. Once the ceiling is open I will be able to get a good look at the possibility of bumping the ceiling up to 10 feet, probably a 3/4 perimeter 18 - 24" coffer style leaving the front open to the full 10' height.

All of this is moving slowly as I have had a lot of outside yard work to do clearing out a lot of cedar trees and trying to get the front lawns in shape. never realized how much work an acre of land could be!

I will start a build thread once I get to a point of knowing what I will be doing - hopefully by October when it starts to cool off here in Georgetown, TX.
Hey John,

If you want to keep in touch, please email me your new contact information including:

address
phone numbers
email addresses


Thanks,

Richard Behling
conanb1@yahoo.com
conanb is offline  
post #261 of 262 Old 08-29-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,324
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Here is hoping everyone in this area is safe and doing well. Very sorry for any losses.
xylem and Jonas2 like this.
thxman is online now  
post #262 of 262 Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Here is hoping everyone in this area is safe and doing well. Very sorry for any losses.
AMEN brother!

5.2.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Sony BDP S-470, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off