San Diego meet? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
darinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
OK, I tried this a couple years ago, but let's try this again.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing a meet in San Diego.

If it's small, I can host the meet at a condo downtown. If it's bigger, I can find a place to host a larger group.

We'll see what kind of response I get. If it's only a few people, we can schedule it relatively soon. But I am open to suggestions for possible dates.

OK San Diegans, chime in!

-Darin
darinf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Did you get any takers last time?

I'm interested in a meet to check out other HT setups. Nobody I know has more than a HTiB, so it would be a treat to experience some capable systems and hear the thought processes that went into the builds.

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
darinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Last time, I think I got about 4 people interested. It was more of an issue finding someone to host the meet.

I don't have a home theater setup. I use my software which gives you the sound of a full home theater system in headphones.

So if I host the meet, people can listen to my "home theater" with headphones. I think most people would find it interesting to say the least.

But if someone with an actual home theater can host, that would be good.
darinf is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

Last time, I think I got about 4 people interested. It was more of an issue finding someone to host the meet.

I don't have a home theater setup. I use my software which gives you the sound of a full home theater system in headphones.

So if I host the meet, people can listen to my "home theater" with headphones. I think most people would find it interesting to say the least.

But if someone with an actual home theater can host, that would be good.

Sounds interesting. Can you use any headphones, or do they have to be designed for surround sound?

My living room HT has seating for 5, so I could accommodate a small group.

Hopefully this thread gets some responses.

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 04-08-2014, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
darinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Sounds interesting. Can you use any headphones, or do they have to be designed for surround sound?

My living room HT has seating for 5, so I could accommodate a small group.

Hopefully this thread gets some responses.

Yes, you can use any headphones, any DAC, etc. It's software only. I can tell you all about it and there's a trial download, etc.

That would be great if you're willing to host a small meet. If not, no worries, I can host.

We'll see.
darinf is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
darinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Wow, I guess there's not too many of us in San Diego... I know there are more AVSForum people in SD besides me and @Spanglo!
darinf is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 04-15-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

Wow, I guess there's not too many of us in San Diego... I know there are more AVSForum people in SD besides me and @Spanglo!

I don't think many visit this particular forum.

Perhaps we should actively recruit when we see San Diego folks in other parts of the forum...

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

I don't think many visit this particular forum.

Perhaps we should actively recruit when we see San Diego folks in other parts of the forum...

If you guys get some more people I'm sure I can get a few L.A. members to join. Maybe do a small tour of a few home theaters so some of us L.A. guys can check out.
ivanpino is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 04-15-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post

If you guys get some more people I'm sure I can get a few L.A. members to join. Maybe do a small tour of a few home theaters so some of us L.A. guys can check out.

That would be great, and a tour of several HTs is what I'm interested in as well.

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 04-17-2014, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
darinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post

If you guys get some more people I'm sure I can get a few L.A. members to join. Maybe do a small tour of a few home theaters so some of us L.A. guys can check out.

Maybe I can ask some of the members of the San Diego Music and Audio Guild if anyone there has a home theater. Most of them have 2 channel music systems, but I think some might have a home theater. I know one guy who has several million dollars worth of audiophile gear.
darinf is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 04-21-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Decided to reconfigure my HT living room. I was using the width of the room, but this weekend I tore the system down, and oriented everything lengthwise. Long story short, I don't think I'll be hosting anytime soon as I have quite a few details to address. Essentially getting rid of all my furniture and starting over, larger screen, and adding/replacing a few speakers as well.

As slow as this thread is moving though, I'll probably have everything completed before we have enough people come forward to make this happen wink.gif

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 04-21-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ivanpino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Decided to reconfigure my HT living room. I was using the width of the room, but this weekend I tore the system down, and oriented everything lengthwise. Long story short, I don't think I'll be hosting anytime soon as I have quite a few details to address. Essentially getting rid of all my furniture and starting over, larger screen, and adding/replacing a few speakers as well.

As slow as this thread is moving though, I'll probably have everything completed before we have enough people come forward to make this happen wink.gif

Maybe you should take a trip down to one of our Meets in L.A.. We could be of help in your new project.
ivanpino is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 04-21-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino View Post

Maybe you should take a trip down to one of our Meets in L.A.. We could be of help in your new project.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the L.A. thread for any future meets.

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 05-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
erhurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Diego County, southern California, USA, Planet Earth
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Thanks for the invite, Spanglo. I would be interested in participating.

I don't personally know anyone who shares my interest in A/V systems living in San Diego other than batpig. I am acquainted with him via the Energy speaker owner's thread. I will keep an eye on this thread from here on!

Looking forward to meeting each of you (soon) in the future!

Edwin R. Hurd
AVS Forums Lurker-In-Training!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
erhurd is online now  
post #15 of 16 Old 06-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Member
 
charvel74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Im new to the forum and live in Imperial Valley. San Diego could be the closest meet for me. Keep me posted
charvel74 is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Member
 
mcpfrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Diego/ Univ City
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cool sounds like fun

If something comes together I would probably be interested

Last edited by mcpfrid; 07-26-2014 at 10:29 AM.
mcpfrid is offline  
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off