Fort Worth and Surrounding Area (2016)...Interested - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 102Likes

post #61 of 155 Old 07-19-2017, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm just south of Wichita, KS and would be willing to make the drive/flight to the DFW area. If given enough time to schedule the trip, I would love to hear the 1899's, HTM-12's as well as others, and meet up with some AVS members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 155 Old 07-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purenv View Post
I'm just south of Wichita, KS and would be willing to make the drive/flight to the DFW area. If given enough time to schedule the trip, I would love to hear the 1899's, HTM-12's as well as others, and meet up with some AVS members.

It's an easy drive too! I was born and raised there and relocated back in '09.

Also I'm still willing to bring my Studio 20v5 if I'm able to attend the GTG.

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
post #63 of 155 Old 07-21-2017, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 124
We just need someone to host....sounds like the interest is there!!

post #64 of 155 Old 07-21-2017, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 229
I am sorry guys after starting this thread and wanting for this GTG to happen, my life took a dramatic change.
I lost my home, and everything in my signature is now gone with the exception of maybe the pico wreckers. All of this took place last year in late April. So with only a suitcase of clothes and no where to live, plus no job, it has taken me till now to finally start to see some light.
But anyways I wanted to post here to just say sorry for not following through with a GTG .
Good Luck to all
Curt

All gone for now---->The Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---6 DIY Volt 10 (surrounds 9.4)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--2 Pico Wreckers (tapped horns)---AVR Denon 4311CI---Emotiva Xpa-3---Behringer Nu6000DSP & Nu3000DSP iNuke---TV Vizio 70---110" Motorized Screen---Epson 8350 Projector---Unraid Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
post #65 of 155 Old 07-24-2017, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Fort Worth and Surrounding Area (2016)...Interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
I am sorry guys after starting this thread and wanting for this GTG to happen, my life took a dramatic change.
I lost my home, and everything in my signature is now gone with the exception of maybe the pico wreckers. All of this took place last year in late April. So with only a suitcase of clothes and no where to live, plus no job, it has taken me till now to finally start to see some light.
But anyways I wanted to post here to just say sorry for not following through with a GTG .
Good Luck to all
Curt

Man! I am so sorry that happened to you!!! I hope everything turns out better for you!

post #66 of 155 Old 07-24-2017, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
Good Luck to all
Curt
Curt! I am sorry to hear about your situation. Even before the GTG talk, you had reached out to me (because you were close) when I was considering some of the DIYSG speakers and offered to let me come and hear them. That gesture was really appreciated. I don't know the details of your situation, but I hope that everything is on the mend.

It looks like we have a lot of interest in this GTG, but we just can't seem to finalize all the details to put it together. Maybe when we finally pull it off you can still attend since you initiated all of this!!
post #67 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1660 Post(s)
Liked: 971
I took a trip up to Dallas and talked with @Patzig for a bit about this G2G. It seems that most people are really interested in the 1899s. I'm sure most of us are all interested in seeing and hearing everyone else's set up and gear, I know I am, it seems the 1899s are on everyone's list.

Those things are absolutely huge, and among other great things, very heavy x3. I think he has a green light from the WAF, but I would like to nominate him to host, mainly for that reason. He has also moved recently and is planning on a dedicated build, so I would like to say that this G2G is at least a couple months away if the 1899s want to be included.

Curt, I hope all turns out for the best. I have no idea what going through something like that would be, but I hope it all turns around and continues to getting better.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 and 3 Towers
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #68 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 1317 Post(s)
Liked: 1814
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
I took a trip up to Dallas and talked with @Patzig for a bit about this G2G. It seems that most people are really interested in the 1899s. I'm sure most of us are all interested in seeing and hearing everyone else's set up and gear, I know I am, it seems the 1899s are on everyone's list.

Those things are absolutely huge, and among other great things, very heavy x3. I think he has a green light from the WAF, but I would like to nominate him to host, mainly for that reason. He has also moved recently and is planning on a dedicated build, so I would like to say that this G2G is at least a couple months away if the 1899s want to be included.

Curt, I hope all turns out for the best. I have no idea what going through something like that would be, but I hope it all turns around and continues to getting better.
Well I mean, @thxman kinda threw a little something out there a few days ago!!!
thxman likes this.
post #69 of 155 Old 07-25-2017, 11:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Well I mean, @thxman kinda threw a little something out there a few days ago!!!
For sure. If nothing else, I can host about 10-20 with 5 that can demo at a time. Not a bad cook either. .
popalock likes this.
post #70 of 155 Old 07-27-2017, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
For sure. If nothing else, I can host about 10-20 with 5 that can demo at a time. Not a bad cook either. .
I like your style sir...

Also, if any of you guys are ever near Lower Greenville / SMU, I own a bar with a friend of mine in that area. Don't really have anything super cool to "demo" there, but we aren't bad cooks either...

We are actively looking for a second location, of which, I will have the time and all of my gear to build out the entire system myself this go around. THAT will be fun and totally worth showing off...promise...haha.
post #71 of 155 Old 07-27-2017, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Just ran through your HT build, looks awesome man! I would definitely be down to come visit at your place. Particularly interested in your dbox setup.

Thxman's place might be better suited for a G2G. Just depends on what purpose we're shooting for. General get together or DIY/consumer speaker demos. I just can't move the 1899's anywhere.
popalock likes this.
post #72 of 155 Old 08-05-2017, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzig View Post
Just ran through your HT build, looks awesome man! I would definitely be down to come visit at your place. Particularly interested in your dbox setup.

Thxman's place might be better suited for a G2G. Just depends on what purpose we're shooting for. General get together or DIY/consumer speaker demos. I just can't move the 1899's anywhere.
Honestly, through all of the HT GTG's that I've taken apart of, they all had a few things in common:

1. Good beer
2. Good food
3. Good company

All else is secondary in my opinion. I have had exposure to a lot of different setups / speakers, etc... So, at this point for me, it's more about the social experience and meeting everyone than anything else.

All that being said, I would LOVE to hear your 1899's man. Planning on potentially building some for our next location.
thxman likes this.
post #73 of 155 Old 08-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Honestly, through all of the HT GTG's that I've taken apart of, they all had a few things in common:

1. Good beer
2. Good food
3. Good company

All else is secondary in my opinion. I have had exposure to a lot of different setups / speakers, etc... So, at this point for me, it's more about the social experience and meeting everyone than anything else.

All that being said, I would LOVE to hear your 1899's man. Planning on potentially building some for our next location.
For sure! I think BCRSS, bgtighe23, and I are all a little earlier in our HT careers, so that's why we leaned towards a "speaker demo" GTG, to gain exposure. But that GTG hasn't happened in 2 years soooo lol.

thxman, if you're willing to host, I'm down to help any way I can. Can bring food, beer etc. Maybe you could pick a date that works for you and we could go from there? I know we'll get at least 5-6 guys there.
thxman, popalock and bgtighe23 like this.
post #74 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
For sure! I think BCRSS, bgtighe23, and I are all a little earlier in our HT careers, so that's why we leaned towards a "speaker demo" GTG, to gain exposure. But that GTG hasn't happened in 2 years soooo lol.

thxman, if you're willing to host, I'm down to help any way I can. Can bring food, beer etc. Maybe you could pick a date that works for you and we could go from there? I know we'll get at least 5-6 guys there.
How far out where you thinking? Sept, Oct? Just trying to gauge how much time folks need to plan. This time of year can get hectic with kids returning to school, end of summer vacations, etc..

As for help, I am sure we can figure something out once we get a better idea of how many folks want to join.
post #75 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yeah man, I totally hear you. I am totally about it to get people exposure to as much as possible. It's one of the greatest things about the hobby for sure.

Ok...I did a little AVS stalking... Found some other posters that appear to be local to the DFW.

Where you at PI!!!!

@PassingInterest
@Fargus777
@1201
@mikeTRON250LM
@pdoherty972
@D.T.MIKE
@flyng_fool
@Scottfox
@Mitch Miller
@cacophonix
@crankycowboy
@dazedndallas
@rcarlton
@Madmax67
@Morames
@johnjoyclyn
@buckweet
@liffie420
@nowHT
@clydetheglide79124
@slaboi21
@ramesh_cm79
@skypirate
@teasip
@JHBrandt
@ed_in_tx
@Dr L
@rmscott_75077
@See The Light
@wilme2
@rakstr
@Vic Y
@umalip
@Bigham16
@KBlaw2010
@nosdude
@Yzfbossman
@Unherdable
@cbromley
@McLuvin
@rainman64
@AVSF458
@Rx8Doc
@mase1981
@strakele
@Alx2057
@Aceklub96
@kbdrand
@JoeBoy73
@Person99
@skipford

Drumming up interest for a DFW GTG!!!!
post #76 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I'm down for a DFW GtG!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
popalock likes this.
post #77 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I would love it. I just still have my shell of what I want to be, so I can't host. But hopefully in a year I will be done with my remodel of my HT room and can host in Denton.
popalock likes this.
post #78 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 60
McKinney Here. MadMax67 is up my direction too.
popalock likes this.

Last edited by Morames; 08-09-2017 at 06:01 PM.
post #79 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
McKinney here and interested. So what's the plan, each person hosts once?
popalock likes this.
post #80 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I'd need an army of maids and painters to get my house presentable. Three kids, two dogs, a cat and no energy on my days off equals a barely kept house. I do have Chane 2 x A5rx-c, 1 x A2.4, 2 x A1.4, a Hsu 12" sub and Hsu 15" sub. Then I have 3 x HTM-12, 2 x Volt 10LX, 2 x Volt 6 speakers. I can probably move some of it, but we just traded in our van for an SUV so toting stuff around just got way harder.
post #81 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morames View Post
I'd need an army of maids and painters to get my house presentable. Three kids, two dogs, a cat and no energy on my days off equals a barely kept house. I do have Chane 2 x A5rx-c, 1 x A2.4, 2 x A1.4, a Hsu 12" sub and Hsu 15" sub. Then I have 3 x HTM-12, 2 x Volt 10LX, 2 x Volt 6 speakers. I can probably move some of it, but we just traded in our van for an SUV so toting stuff around just got way harder.
I moved to McKinney a few months back. I have a truck. I can help you if you need some assistance sometime and don't have anyone else to call.

Hit me up via PM.
post #82 of 155 Old 08-09-2017, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
I'm in Forney. Let me know what you guys come up with. It would be great to meet everyone!
popalock likes this.
post #83 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Plano here. I am down for a get together. I've not been to one in a long long time. My current setup includes:

Custom tube pre by Blair Chapman
Emotiva Stealth 8 active monitors
Emotiva DC-1 DAC

I also recently built a monitor from Phil Bamberg ...and can bring this to the meet. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what dates are convenient for everyone.
post #84 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Yeah man, I totally hear you. I am totally about it to get people exposure to as much as possible. It's one of the greatest things about the hobby for sure.

Ok...I did a little AVS stalking... Found some other posters that appear to be local to the DFW.

Where you at PI!!!!

College Station here I wouldn't mind checking out what people have done. I am VERY minor into the HT, just bought my first AVR and proper surround sound setup in December. Replaced my "ghetto" surround sound that I used to have, but never really used since I lost the manual on my old Harmon Kardon AVR. But I needed surround sound to go with my new TV and Samsung UHD player lol. Still got cheap speakers, a Dayton Audio 5.1, but they sound quite good, but I will be replacing my LCR with DIYSG 893's around the first of the year most likely.
post #85 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1660 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:

+1
I seriously would be down to just hangout with good people, beer and food, but I'm also liking the idea of the "speaker demo" style GTG. Maybe we have a mini crawl and travel to a couple people's houses?

Still trying to be convinced on the compression drivers
I travel to Dallas often I suppose, but I can also help in anyway I can.
popalock and mikeTRON250LM like this.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 and 3 Towers
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #86 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Where you at PI!!!!

@PassingInterest
@Fargus777
@1201
@mikeTRON250LM
@pdoherty972
@D.T.MIKE
@flyng_fool
@Scottfox
@Mitch Miller
@cacophonix
@crankycowboy
@dazedndallas
@rcarlton
@Madmax67
@Morames
@johnjoyclyn
@buckweet
@liffie420
@nowHT
@clydetheglide79124
@slaboi21
@ramesh_cm79
@skypirate
@teasip
@JHBrandt
@ed_in_tx
@Dr L
@rmscott_75077
@See The Light
@wilme2
@rakstr
@Vic Y
@umalip
@Bigham16
@KBlaw2010
@nosdude
@Yzfbossman
@Unherdable
@cbromley
@McLuvin
@rainman64
@AVSF458
@Rx8Doc
@mase1981
@strakele
@Alx2057
@Aceklub96
@kbdrand
@JoeBoy73
@Person99
@skipford

I'm definitely interested in a GTG. Who is hosting?
post #87 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I'm in Frisco! Sounds like fun!
thxman likes this.

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655
post #88 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Thanks for the shout-out @popalock and I would definitely be interested. I live in Lewisville and would love to meet other fellow HT nuts in the area. My two hooligans are finally getting old enough for me to do something like this and not have the wife hate me for it. I am always tweaking my HT and could definitely consider hosting sometime as well. @BCRSS - Curt, so sorry to hear about your situation and really do hope all turns out well. I appreciate the invite to hear your 1099's a couple of years back and so sorry I never got a chance to meet you and hear them. Hopefully we will have another chance in the future.
popalock likes this.
post #89 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingInterest View Post
I'm in Forney. Let me know what you guys come up with. It would be great to meet everyone!
I followed some of your DIY threads and your work is amazing!
PassingInterest likes this.
post #90 of 155 Old 08-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morames View Post
Where are you located? I am interested in hearing some DIYSG speakers.

I have young kids so I understand the struggle...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
popalock likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page