Fort Worth and Surrounding Area (2016)...Interested - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 102Likes

post #121 of 155 Old 08-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Anyone near a frys can pick up a denon 2400x for $400 tomorrow if you are interested. Retail is 700.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
popalock likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 155 Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 196
It would be awesome to come up from Houston. I've done the KC tour once or twice and it was a great experience.
thxman and popalock like this.
post #123 of 155 Old 08-12-2017, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Awesome, looks like this is getting some traction. I’m in Argyle and have some items I can bring along.
Chane A1 bookshelves speakers, Tekon Pendragons. I have the 1099 but only as a center channel. I have 2 x subm’s and 1 x 8cuft DO 18” but damn, I really don’t feel like carrying those subs from the second level of our house.

Also have a plethora of the test discs created here on AVS.
popalock likes this.

post #124 of 155 Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post
Awesome, looks like this is getting some traction. I’m in Argyle and have some items I can bring along.
Chane A1 bookshelves speakers, Tekon Pendragons. I have the 1099 but only as a center channel. I have 2 x subm’s and 1 x 8cuft DO 18” but damn, I really don’t feel like carrying those subs from the second level of our house.

Do you have the ability to burn/copy them?

I've had some friends burn me some in the past and pass them out at the GTG. Threw them like $10 per disk for their trouble. Don't want to volunteer you or anyone for that, just asking.

If we had a lot of people do a little something, this could be a really epic event.

I mean, we can work through all of that in the coming months.

Possibilities are endless for sure...
thxman likes this.
post #125 of 155 Old 08-12-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

I've had some friends burn me some in the past and pass them out at the GTG. Threw them like $10 per disk for their trouble. Don't want to volunteer you or anyone for that, just asking.

If we had a lot of people do a little something, this could be a really epic event.

Yep, I can burn copies of the blu-ray’s. I’ll pm you a list of what I have. Also have a few of the DTS discs from the CES show in Vegas. They have some really interesting stuff on them for GTG's. Most of the stuff will need to be burnt on 50 gig blu-ray discs.

Last edited by nb67; 08-12-2017 at 05:31 PM.
post #126 of 155 Old 08-13-2017, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
I followed some of your DIY threads and your work is amazing!
Thank you for the kind words!
post #127 of 155 Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

I have a music mix from a G2G in 2014 https://www.mediafire.com/file/zy8ki...music%20mix.7z it is roughly 1.25 hours long that I think a fellow AVS'er put together for the G2G. Sorry can't remember who, so if that person sees this, my sincere apologize. It was posted somewhere on avs at that time.

File is in 7zip and over 700 megs.

The mix has both .flac and .mp3 format. I thought the mixture was good for testing speakers.

Curt
popalock likes this.

All gone for now---->The Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---6 DIY Volt 10 (surrounds 9.4)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--2 Pico Wreckers (tapped horns)---AVR Denon 4311CI---Emotiva Xpa-3---Behringer Nu6000DSP & Nu3000DSP iNuke---TV Vizio 70---110" Motorized Screen---Epson 8350 Projector---Unraid Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
post #128 of 155 Old 08-13-2017, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Looks like we should shoot for October. I am down with hosting but also like the thought of visiting other local theaters for those who would also like to share. For those who just want to bring speakers or other things to demo, I can set up space in my family room. My couch is modular and can be set in a way to accommodate seating for many. On the downside, that room has god awful acoustics. I have been eyeballing decorative acoustic panels but have many other house projects that take priority.
popalock and pdoherty972 like this.
post #129 of 155 Old 08-14-2017, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 331
I would be interested in this.

If there is any interest I can bring my Linux audio processing computer. It will allow you to take one input and send it to up to 8 different outputs at different levels, that way you can level match between speakers so that if there is a blind comparison all the speakers are the same level.
thxman and texpilot like this.

THANK YOU!!! for your selfless contribution to the audio world
Anders Torger for Brutefir
Thomas Drugeon for Rephase
John Mulcahy for room eq wizard
Denis Sbragion for DRC room correction
Juha Hartikainen for Winisd
post #130 of 155 Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Looks like we should shoot for October. I am down with hosting but also like the thought of visiting other local theaters for those who would also like to share. For those who just want to bring speakers or other things to demo, I can set up space in my family room. My couch is modular and can be set in a way to accommodate seating for many. On the downside, that room has god awful acoustics. I have been eyeballing decorative acoustic panels but have many other house projects that take priority.
House projects are killing me as well so I totally understand... many thanks for offering up your place to host. October sounds great since it will finally start to cool off around here. My only contention is Oct 1 - 8th for international travel, so if you guys could consider scheduling it any time after that, I would really appreciate it. So what's next then? Lock down a date? Start an attendees list? Start a list on who is bringing speakers? Create an agenda? Create a separate thread just for the GTG? If you host, the agenda might be pretty straight-forward. A demo of your setup and then the speaker shout-out in your family room. I would love to hear your dedicated room and also the other speakers already mentioned here, so this would be a great format in my opinion. I would also offer up any help you might need. Greg
thxman likes this.
post #131 of 155 Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Awesome, looks like this is getting some traction. I?m in Argyle and have some items I can bring along.
Chane A1 bookshelves speakers, Tekon Pendragons. I have the 1099 but only as a center channel. I have 2 x subm?s and 1 x 8cuft DO 18? but damn, I really don?t feel like carrying those subs from the second level of our house.

I'd be curious to hear the Tektons. I'd gone back and forth a dozen times before deciding on my Chane speakers for the living room and DIYSG for my media room.

It sounds like most of us are in the same area, I'm Custer and 380. Anyone out there really good at DIY stuff? I'm out of money again, but I'm always curious about building speakers and the like, but I know next to nothing about it. Poor Erich probably wanted to refund my money and forget he'd ever taken that first email by the time I got all my speakers built. They're still not mounted in their final location. My DIY projector screen will probably make at least one of you cry if you see it. lol. I have tools, but not the experience to make them sing.

I'm cool with anyone listening to my speakers that want to. I have the three HTM-12's as my LCR, the Volt 10LX as my rear surrounds and the Volt 6 will some day be mounted to my ceiling, if I can ever figure out how without damaging the crossover. I was thinking of making a double french cleat and then slide the speaker in between them, but the crossover is on the bottom/back of the speaker where I would attack the mating piece. I really enjoy them, they're good speakers. Though I want to hear some of the DIYSG Titan speakers, the Fusion 15 Sentinel speakers, the Maximo and their giant 1899.

Last edited by Morames; 08-14-2017 at 07:47 PM.
post #132 of 155 Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1643 Post(s)
Liked: 950
^ I say everyone should bring as much or as little as they want. Regardless of condition. You're literally going to have dozens of people offer their time and labor for the sake of the hobby at no expense to you because that's just how this community is. You'll offer them something, which will end up being a beer, or probably food

I remember seeing in a few gtg threads where people even brought stuff to buy, sell, and trade with each other.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 and 3 Towers
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #133 of 155 Old 08-15-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morames View Post
I'd be curious to hear the Tektons. I'd gone back and forth a dozen times before deciding on my Chane speakers for the living room and DIYSG for my media room.

It sounds like most of us are in the same area, I'm Custer and 380. Anyone out there really good at DIY stuff? I'm out of money again, but I'm always curious about building speakers and the like, but I know next to nothing about it. Poor Erich probably wanted to refund my money and forget he'd ever taken that first email by the time I got all my speakers built. They're still not mounted in their final location. My DIY projector screen will probably make at least one of you cry if you see it. lol. I have tools, but not the experience to make them sing.

I'm cool with anyone listening to my speakers that want to. I have the three HTM-12's as my LCR, the Volt 10LX as my rear surrounds and the Volt 6 will some day be mounted to my ceiling, if I can ever figure out how without damaging the crossover. I was thinking of making a double french cleat and then slide the speaker in between them, but the crossover is on the bottom/back of the speaker where I would attack the mating piece. I really enjoy them, they're good speakers. Though I want to hear some of the DIYSG Titan speakers, the Fusion 15 Sentinel speakers, the Maximo and their giant 1899.
We have one of the master DIYer's here on this thread. Look up "PassingInterest" sig for his speaker projects. They are jaw dropping.
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...CJ6Zht2sxf_lZA
thxman and mikeTRON250LM like this.

post #134 of 155 Old 08-15-2017, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Home theater of the month was @Bigham16 a few months ago. Has he been a part of this thread?
thxman likes this.
post #135 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Sounds like this could be a crawl if we have a few locations.
thxman likes this.
post #136 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm up for a HT crawl, but we may all be a bit too spread out (DFW covers a lot of dirt). I live in Southlake, dedicated HT over garage, 28x18. Dual Seaton SubM's are here, JTR 212RT's and S8's are being delivered in a few weeks.
thxman, popalock and its phillip like this.
post #137 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obleo View Post
I'm up for a HT crawl, but we may all be a bit too spread out (DFW covers a lot of dirt). I live in Southlake, dedicated HT over garage, 28x18. Dual Seaton SubM's are here, JTR 212RT's and S8's are being delivered in a few weeks.
HT Crawl does sound awesome, but I agree with you...DFW is pretty expansive and traffic is starting to rank up there with the worst of them.

Side note. Excellent choice of gear my good sir!
thxman likes this.
post #138 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I say we need to start locking in the date and get an idea of who can attend, 2 months goes by fast. I propose 10/14 or 10/21 and personally have no preference. Since I am not the OP and the title of this tread is outdated, I suppose I will get another thread started. Today is a bit crazy so I will get it done by tomorrow at the latest and link to it in this thread. There are a lot of well crafted G2G threads so I will steal from one of their formats.
popalock likes this.
post #139 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I say we need to start locking in the date and get an idea of who can attend, 2 months goes by fast. I propose 10/14 or 10/21 and personally have no preference. Since I am not the OP and the title of this tread is outdated, I suppose I will get another thread started. Today is a bit crazy so I will get it done by tomorrow at the latest and link to it in this thread. There are a lot of well crafted G2G threads so I will steal from one of their formats.
Make it a poll thread?

thxman likes this.
post #140 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeTRON250LM View Post
Make it a poll thread?
Good idea, I will get that going in a few.
post #141 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #142 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 06:07 PM

While I can tote my speakers to someone else's house for GTG, my wife isn't comfortable having people over. She's a big time introvert and our house is perpetually needing cleaning. The state of the house is mostly just life that happens with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and overworked parents, but she's worried all the same. Also I'm rarely available for Saturdays since hospitals require nurses to work weekends, and I have to work 4 weekend shifts per month and I reserve Sunday's for church and school, working on my ADN to BSN. I might be able to take those two days off though. I'll have to look into it.

I wanna check out Popalock's Bar, gotta support the community after all.
thxman likes this.
post #143 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
We have one of the master DIYer's here on this thread. Look up "PassingInterest" sig for his speaker projects. They are jaw dropping.
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...CJ6Zht2sxf_lZA
Those are stunning designs. I'm so far away from producing finished wooden products. My stuff all looks like a noobi made them. Well, cause I am. You'll probably laugh if you see my HTM-12 and my Volt speakers. None of them are painted, and I didn't bother sanding any of the edges. I just wanted to hear them as soon as I could and then they were assembled and I like natural wood colors...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
post #144 of 155 Old 08-16-2017, 07:56 PM

Oh, the tree on the front of that sub he made. That's the best speaker grill EVER.
mikeTRON250LM likes this.
post #145 of 155 Old 08-18-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for taking the lead on that buddy. I can and will help with anything.

PM me your phone # so we can chat here soon. Having participated in so many over the years, I'm hoping I can bring some efficiency to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morames View Post
While I can tote my speakers to someone else's house for GTG, my wife isn't comfortable having people over. She's a big time introvert and our house is perpetually needing cleaning. The state of the house is mostly just life that happens with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and overworked parents, but she's worried all the same. Also I'm rarely available for Saturdays since hospitals require nurses to work weekends, and I have to work 4 weekend shifts per month and I reserve Sunday's for church and school, working on my ADN to BSN. I might be able to take those two days off though. I'll have to look into it.

I wanna check out Popalock's Bar, gotta support the community after all.
Haha. My man.
That said, it's not going anywhere, so all you guys are invited to come through anytime.
post #146 of 155 Old 08-20-2017, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Oct 14 works better for me.

Where is Popalock's bar?

Last edited by darrellh44; 08-20-2017 at 10:26 AM.
post #147 of 155 Old 08-24-2017, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

There are 4 DIYSG fusion 10s for 100 each in the classifieds, in case anyone here doesnt obsessively look through them.

post #148 of 155 Old 08-27-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
Sounds like this could be a crawl if we have a few locations.
I also vote for this. I have a 2-seat sportscar and can't move my stuff around. And I'd rather present my stuff here where it's already setup and working fine, and would like to see other's stuff in its native habitat as well. HT crawl to a few people's homes ending at the one who both shows his stereo and doesn't mind a beer/food bash breaking out might work. I'll offer to host as either one of the former or the latter in McKinney near Custer and Eldorado.

My setup: 7-seat (can add beanbags for more) dedicated theater seating with NHT fronts, center and surrounds and SVS PC13-Ultra cylinder sub, Denon AV, Sony VPL-HW50ES 2D/3D projector and 120" screen.

Last edited by pdoherty972; 08-27-2017 at 08:44 PM.
post #149 of 155 Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
I also vote for this. I have a 2-seat sportscar and can't move my stuff around. And I'd rather present my stuff here where it's already setup and working fine, and would like to see other's stuff in its native habitat as well. HT crawl to a few people's homes ending at the one who both shows his stereo and doesn't mind a beer/food bash breaking out might work. I'll offer to host as either one of the former or the latter in McKinney near Custer and Eldorado.

My setup: 7-seat (can add beanbags for more) dedicated theater seating with NHT fronts, center and surrounds and SVS PC13-Ultra cylinder sub, Denon AV, Sony VPL-HW50ES 2D/3D projector and 120" screen.
Hey pdoherty972, which roadster do you have? I've been tooling around in a Fiat 124 Spider (the Fiata) for the last 6 months.
post #150 of 155 Old 09-01-2017, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellh44 View Post
Hey pdoherty972, which roadster do you have? I've been tooling around in a Fiat 124 Spider (the Fiata) for the last 6 months.
Fiata - hehe

It's a Corvette Grand Sport, 2017 model. We also have a Fiat 500C.
darrellh44 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page