Axpona 2017 -- (April 21, 22, 23) Who's going from AVSForum? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahifi View Post
I've been off the forum for a while (birth of our first child) but I did make it to Axpona on Sunday. It was a great time as usual. I really enjoyed the Seaton room, its always a highlight of the show for me to check out what Mark has set up and he did not disappoint. I was very excited to check out JTR's room as I've heard Jeff's speakers before but never the 215RT let alone 7 of them! It was unreal to hear what JTR was able to accomplish in that room with no subs! I also enjoyed Emotiva's room I think their setup really benefitted from the Atmos setup they had.

@Archaea reading your comment above "It was at this point I encountered something I question --- in that room I overheard one auditioning guest say this ‘there are only a few good audio vendors at Apxona this year, and this is one of them, most of the gear here is garbage. I was just in the room next door, the one with the big subwoofers, and it was terrible. So bad I had to leave, it’s not worth your time to go there’." I was in the JTR room as they were playing concert clips, which sounded great, but I really wanted them to play a movie clip or something that would really let the system rip. As I was thinking this I believe it was desertdome, took the HTPC keyboard and started up The Art of Flight and turned it way up. Immediately as I heard and felt the bass I turned to my brother and said "this is awesome." However, I noticed quite a few people were getting up and walking (quickly) out of the room, the demo stopped and it went back to concert clips at a lower volume. My point is I think its just different strokes. I heard an incredible system with great dynamics that wasn't straining or harsh, other people probably just heard something they thought was too loud?

Again, it was a great show this year and I would recommend it to anyone who is remotely interested in this hobby.
That was awesome! My chest was feeling the pressure. It was everywhere. I leaned over to @eng-399 and said damn this is hitting hard. It's a good kind of "pain". Was great to meet you guys!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
eng-399 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 04-28-2017, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked: 837
its funny to hear comments like this because I have heard the same thing during a demo of focal sopra 3's saying they just too boomy...different strokes for diff folks....just like some love bookshelves vs floorstanders....money to be made everywhere.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #33 of 33 Old 04-28-2017, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Quoted: 1737 Post(s)
Liked: 2987
Axpona 2017 -- (April 21, 22, 23) Who's going from AVSForum?

It makes me wonder what kind of speakers do these old timers like that are getting up during a JTR demo of The Art of Flight. That demo was incredible to hear on the setup he had at the show. I don't don't get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page