AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
Welcome to the world of Emotiva.
Can you elaborate on this?? I mean we all know about their reputation with processors, but their other gear isn't too bad right??

My Quad LMS Ultra 5400 Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thank You for today's MEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Can you elaborate on this?? I mean we all know about their reputation with processors, but their other gear isn't too bad right??
Nice seeing you again (And the other two of you - you know me and my memory)

--Carl
post #6603 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Same here Carl. It was a pleasure having you guys over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6604 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
I meant their pattern of broken promises and outright lies, not their products (aside from missing Dirac, the XMC-1 is quite a good piece of hardware; as are their amps and studio monitors).

Sanjay
post #6605 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Can't argue with that.

Hey didn't they have a different type of room correction software planned for the XMC before Dirac? If I recall correctly they had problems with it and in the end ditched it in favor of Dirac.

post #6606 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 850
First it was EmoQ, then for roughly a year it was TacT, finally Dirac. Keep in mind there have been people on the XMC-1 pre-order list since 2008 and there have been lots of delays and detours during those 6 years. BTW, at the speaker shoot-out at mj's, the Emo monitors were my personal faves out of everything we heard.

Sanjay
post #6607 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Ese
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
"The Emotiva Road Show"

Ray, Jr., thanks for the heads up on this event. Fortunately, I was able to make it.

Curtis, Mitch, Ereck, great seeing you guys at the event.

It sounds like I may have had a different experience from some of the other guys. I had a great time. I thought that Emotiva were XLNT and gracious hosts. I was aware of the whole XMC situation but my interest in being there was more to obtain an overview of the company and its product line. Which I was able to do. I was also able to meet and have conversations with the founder, the head of technology and the head designer. I gained insights into some design decisions and how they impact a product's performance. (This is one of the aspects of THE Show Newport that I like so much--that the organizers seem to be able to attract the company heads and designers to the event.)

I pretty much stayed till the end of the event. And I noticed that, overall, the rooms seemed to sound better toward the end of the day. I commented to the head of technology and he said that other's had made similar comments. And I was in the music room and the guy just told me to peruse his laptop and play any music that I wanted to play and then he left the room.

Anyway, thanks again Ray, Jr.
post #6608 of 6627 Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
First it was EmoQ, then for roughly a year it was TacT, finally Dirac. Keep in mind there have been people on the XMC-1 pre-order list since 2008 and there have been lots of delays and detours during those 6 years. BTW, at the speaker shoot-out at mj's, the Emo monitors were my personal faves out of everything we heard.
That's what it was, TacT! Thanks for the reminder.

I really like the Stealth's too. I moved them into a our living room setup so they get used pretty much everyday now.

post #6609 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese View Post
"The Emotiva Road Show"
I pretty much stayed till the end of the event. And I noticed that, overall, the rooms seemed to sound better toward the end of the day. I commented to the head of technology and he said that other's had made similar comments. And I was in the music room and the guy just told me to peruse his laptop and play any music that I wanted to play and then he left the room.
Did he give a reason as to why it sounded better later in the day?

I'm guessing it was the free wine.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.

post #6610 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Ese
Advanced Member

No, he didn't give a reason as to why, Curtis. But I'm also pretty sure that he didn't think that the rooms sounded any different. i.e. had any better SQ. I was the one that made the comment and then he just said that some other people had also made similar comments.

My thoughts were that, if the rooms did sound better toward the end of the day and after the formal demos, it was because:

1. The rooms were quieter. When I was in the music room for the formal demo there was a person in the rear of the room that was talking a bit loud. Must have been either on a cell phone or just talking. When I was in the home theater room for the formal demo, Emotiva had just brought out more food so some people were leaving and coming back in with sandwiches and popcorn and ice cream, etc. and munching and drinking during the demos.
  2. The systems were tweaked better. In the music room, after all the formal demos, I was with a friend that is an Emo fan, i.e., has bought their products and has been on wait lists for products such as the XMC. Well, he had purchase the top of the line Emo 2-channel preamp and I introduced him to the head of Emo Technology and this person was walking my friend through his questions by adjusting the same preamp that was used for the demos. So, when the Emo person started playing music again the system had been tweaked to my friends adjustments. And also, this time, unlike the during the formal demo, I was able to listen to more music and more variety of music and there was just me, my friend and 2 other guys and no one was blabbing -- everyone was just listening to and appreciating the music.
  3. The systems were tweaked better. In the home theater room when I came in, there was a group of Emo people such as the folks that did the demo but also the head designer and some enthusiasts and they were adjusting the system. It reminded me of a group of doctors or nurses doing surgery on a patient. They were focused and directed. And then when they started doing demos the room was not as crowded and people weren't walking in and out and people weren't munching on sandwiches, popcorn, etc.

And if it was none of the above, then there's always the age old possibility that the perception of improved SQ was all in my head.

Oh, and I didn't drink any wine -- or beer.

Last edited by Ese; 08-31-2014 at 11:05 AM.
post #6611 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

And if it was none of the above, then there's always the age old possibility that the perception of improved SQ was all in my head.

Oh, and I didn't drink any wine -- or beer.
One thing is for sure, there was certainly a lot of marketing/talking going on during the demos, and I agree with what you said at one point "I wish there was more music".

You didn't drink...but when Mitch and I left for Pacos Tacos, lots of folks had wine glasses.

I will say this, the two ladies that were working the registration desk and the membership desk, were very cute.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.

post #6612 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Ese
Advanced Member

+1 on the registration desk.
post #6613 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post
I will say this, the two ladies that were working the registration desk and the membership desk, were very cute.
Quote:
Pics????

post #6614 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yeah...I agree she was the better of the two, but who am I to choose?

Quote:
Pics????
Would have been too obvious.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

post #6615 of 6627 Old 08-31-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post
Would have been too obvious.
Yeah and????

Just kidding. lol
cschang likes this.

post #6616 of 6627 Old 09-01-2014, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
What! I'm gone a week and you guys are having meets already There's a mandatory period of 1 month mourning required according to the audiophile handbook

post #6617 of 6627 Old 09-01-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post
What! I'm gone a week and you guys are having meets already There's a mandatory period of 1 month mourning required according to the audiophile handbook
LOL! We could have used your help actually. Hey shoot me a text when you get a chance, got a question for ya.

post #6618 of 6627 Old 09-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

The plate amp in one of my SubMs failed. Now repaired, things are shaking again.

--Carl
post #6619 of 6627 Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
The plate amp in one of my SubMs failed. Now repaired, things are shaking again.
Awesome!

Btw, what do you use the EQ your subs??

post #6620 of 6627 Old 09-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Audyssey MultEQ XT32 on my Integra 80.3. (I have Pro, have never got around to using it)

--Carl
post #6621 of 6627 Old 09-05-2014, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
How do you like it? I just ordered an F2.
post #6622 of 6627 Old 09-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSolar View Post
How do you like it? I just ordered an F2.
Actually, I like them - I have two SubMs. I purchased two of the very early subs that Mark made from the person that started the AVS "Seaton Sound SubMersive1" thread. He could not take them with him when he went abroad. After perhaps a year or two I did the amp upgrade.
I am very satisfied with them.

--Carl
post #6623 of 6627 Old 09-06-2014, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Hey Eric a belated thanks for having me over to your house labor day saturday. Enjoyed meeting the other guys & your system is awesome!
post #6624 of 6627 Old 09-06-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF56 View Post
Hey Eric a belated thanks for having me over to your house labor day saturday. Enjoyed meeting the other guys & your system is awesome!
Not a problem man! Pleasure meeting you and looking forward to getting a JTR demo someday.

post #6625 of 6627 Old 09-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Not a problem man! Pleasure meeting you and looking forward to getting a JTR demo someday.
Your welcome any time!
post #6626 of 6627 Old 09-12-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Anyone wanna go catch a movie? Finally getting my hearing back after temporary losing it for aweek. No better way to test em than by watching a movie!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #6627 of 6627 Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post
Anyone wanna go catch a movie? Finally getting my hearing back after temporary losing it for aweek. No better way to test em than by watching a movie!
Did you go "catch a movie"? What happened to your hearing?

--Carl
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page