Los Angeles Home Theater Group Meet - Page 257 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 157Likes

post #7681 of 7689 Old 07-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4593 Post(s)
Liked: 3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschulz View Post
How about we combine a movie viewing/dinner/celebration of 10 years of Ray's founding of the group on the forum, along with an inaugural meeting to discuss the future of the group? I'm thinking Suicide Squad in either Dolby Vision or IMAX laser.
I'm in.

In this particular case, I vote for Dolby Vision at the Burbank AMC 16.
mikela likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7682 of 7689 Old 07-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
I'm in.

In this particular case, I vote for Dolby Vision at the Burbank AMC 16.
As Suicide Squad was not filmed with IMAX cameras, I guess Dolby Vision is our best bet.

I am not free opening weekend, so I am going to propose this (and hope that AMC keeps the movie in the Dolby Cinema screen in its 2nd weekend):

Afternoon screening of Suicide Squad on Saturday, August 13 at the AMC Burbank
Followed by a dinner in honor of Ray Coronado and a decade of the LAHTG (location TBD)
Segueing into a meeting about founding an officially official Club
post #7683 of 7689 Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 312
making a note reserving the day, no doubt to be a somber break from the usual circus . . .

DIY FAN Denon X5200 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS/DSU/SHARP 80" LED/LCD
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: F4Q4LP , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX
DUAL LOWARHORNS , SUBMAXIMUS, Custom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x Inuke6000DSP
www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...orn-build.html
post #7684 of 7689 Old 07-13-2016, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Followed by a dinner in honor of Ray Coronado
I say we honor Ray with a dinner and a roast

Keep your friends close and your enemies chained up in the basement.
post #7685 of 7689 Old 07-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 316
----------SAVE THE DATE--------------

We will be having a GTG on Sunday, August 14th to celebrate 10 years since Ray founded the LAHTG. The plan is to catch a late-morning screening of Suicide Squad at the AMC Burbank, to be followed by a late lunch after to hoist a glass in Ray's honor and/or roast him. If the usual protocol holds, some folks will probably gather for breakfast prior to the movie as well.

Also on the agenda: a discussion about whether and how to launch a somewhat more formalized club (probably without funny hats though). I am working on an official agenda to guide that discussion, but be thinking about things such as: would you be interested in joining such a club? How often and where should it meet? What sorts of activities should the club pursue? What should we call it?

Let's not clutter the thread with that discussion, but come to the meeting with your thoughts! More to come with specific showtimes and lunch plans.
post #7686 of 7689 Old 07-21-2016, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:

We will be having a GTG on Sunday, August 14th to celebrate 10 years since Ray founded the LAHTG. The plan is to catch a late-morning screening of Suicide Squad at the AMC Burbank, to be followed by a late lunch after to hoist a glass in Ray's honor and/or roast him. If the usual protocol holds, some folks will probably gather for breakfast prior to the movie as well.

Sounds Great!

post #7687 of 7689 Old 07-21-2016, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
Quote:

Also on the agenda: a discussion about whether and how to launch a somewhat more formalized club (probably without funny hats though). I am working on an official agenda to guide that discussion, but be thinking about things such as: would you be interested in joining such a club? How often and where should it meet? What sorts of activities should the club pursue? What should we call it?

Let's not clutter the thread with that discussion, but come to the meeting with your thoughts! More to come with specific showtimes and lunch plans.
I am in....but only if you change this a bit...I don't want to be honored...but I do what to honor the creation and existence of this group.
This group exist only because of all the people in it...so this is to honor everyone in the group, that has helped keep this thing going.

Later
RayJr
fookoo_2010 likes this.
post #7688 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 3874 Post(s)
Liked: 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr View Post
I am in....but only if you change this a bit...
You don't want to be roasted for lunch?

Sanjay
post #7689 of 7689 Old Today, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Have any of you guys seen a movie yet in the the Barco Innovation Center?

https://www.lalive.com/movies/introd...ovation-center

"Auditorium #5 has been transformed into Barco Escape, the three-screen, panoramic movie format that offers the ultimate immersive cinema experience. Barco Escape debuted to the public with scenes in both The Maze Runner and Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. Additionally, director Scott Waugh (Act of Valor and Need for Speed) is currently in preproduction on the first feature length Barco Escape film and is tentatively scheduled for a late 2016 release"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Area Home Theater Meets