IA Meet? - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 610Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6301 of 6326 Old 05-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Member
 
IA_Hi_Fi_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Iowa City, IA
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
wakeoguy, I'm in North Liberty and I might have an 8" x 11" sample of the XD for you to test out. I'll try and remember to check tonight. Otherwise, you can check out my XD screen with a movie playing and sit at 9.5 feet and see if it bothers you. My opinion is 9.5' might be a bit too close for XD but the added gain is tempting. Is there any way you can move the seating back? Will you have a second row?
chriscmore likes this.
IA_Hi_Fi_Guy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6302 of 6326 Old 05-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Member
 
wakeoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Liberty, IA
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Hi_Fi_Guy View Post
wakeoguy, I'm in North Liberty and I might have an 8" x 11" sample of the XD for you to test out. I'll try and remember to check tonight. Otherwise, you can check out my XD screen with a movie playing and sit at 9.5 feet and see if it bothers you. My opinion is 9.5' might be a bit too close for XD but the added gain is tempting. Is there any way you can move the seating back? Will you have a second row?
I have some samples of the XD and UF but my projector is packed away. That would be awesome if I could check it out sometime.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
wakeoguy is online now  
post #6303 of 6326 Old 05-24-2017, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 714
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
My front row is almost exactly 9ft from the XD material and to me the weave is mainly noticeable when going from an interior lighted scene to a bright outdoor scene. I'll notice it in the light blue sky or clouds for a moment and then it's gone, most movies I am unaware and simply get lost in the story.
Next time I'm down there I'm going to swap in a UF screen for you. I think you need it. I designed the UF for exactly this seating distance.

I did that for Thrillcat and he's commented it's much better at that distance.

With some light control, I'd rather be a tad under the fL targets and have a smooth looking screen, as projectors will always get brighter and in a dark room it'll surprise you the brightness levels that can look great.

Cheers,
Chris
Draden1, thrillcat, ZLTFUL and 2 others like this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
 
post #6304 of 6326 Old 05-24-2017, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,427
Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked: 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
My front row is almost exactly 9ft from the XD material and to me the weave is mainly noticeable when going from an interior lighted scene to a bright outdoor scene. I'll notice it in the light blue sky or clouds for a moment and then it's gone, most movies I am unaware and simply get lost in the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Next time I'm down there I'm going to swap in a UF screen for you. I think you need it. I designed the UF for exactly this seating distance.

I did that for Thrillcat and he's commented it's much better at that distance.

With some light control, I'd rather be a tad under the fL targets and have a smooth looking screen, as projectors will always get brighter and in a dark room it'll surprise you the brightness levels that can look great.

Cheers,
Chris
If you give a mouse a cookie, he will ask for a glass of milk

If you give Draden1 a UF screen, he will ask for a JVC projector
Draden1 and ZLTFUL like this.

High Impact AV
- ISF Level II Video Calibrator, THX-HAA Level III Audio Designer/Calibrator
- Colorimetry Research CR-250 Spectroradiometer & CR-100 Colorimeter, Klein K10-A
- Murideo Fresco SIX-G/SIX-A Generator/Analyzer (HDMI 2.x, HDR, UHD)
- ACO Pacific and Earthworks Class 1 microphones
desertdome is online now  
post #6305 of 6326 Old 05-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Senior Member
 
ZLTFUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Altoona, IA
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Maybe @chriscmore will swap out my no screen for a screen... seems he is that kinda nice.

I keep confusing my intentions with my abilities.
ZLTFUL is online now  
post #6306 of 6326 Old 05-24-2017, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nickbuol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Hey, I'd take a 138" UF screen exchange for my 138" XD, but I'm not having any problems with image quality at my seating distance, so I will wait to swap when I move to 4K, and that will be a while at the current prices and my current budget. LOL
Ladeback likes this.
nickbuol is offline  
post #6307 of 6326 Old 05-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
ZLTFUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Altoona, IA
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 145
A pleasure meeting you today @wakeoguy and I hope the rack serves you well.

Looking forward to seeing your project come together.


Everyone else, I still have the open 4 post rack if anyone needs one. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I keep confusing my intentions with my abilities.
ZLTFUL is online now  
post #6308 of 6326 Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM
Member
 
wakeoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Liberty, IA
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
A pleasure meeting you today @wakeoguy and I hope the rack serves you well.

Looking forward to seeing your project come together.


Everyone else, I still have the open 4 post rack if anyone needs one. *wink wink nudge nudge*
It was great to meet you as well. That's gonna be a killer theater/basement when you're done.

You have a beautiful rack btw!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
ZLTFUL likes this.
wakeoguy is online now  
post #6309 of 6326 Old 06-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Newbie
 
tebbiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge928 View Post
Does anyone know where to get linacoustic (or similar) around DSM? I've called several HVAC supply houses and the only one that is willing to sell non-commercially is asking $253 (before tax). While that's not awful I've read others getting it for half that. I've looked at similar rolls of fiberglass but couldn't find any suppliers. I'm going to call the company that installed our heat pump to see if they can source anything. I really only need ~25' so a 50' roll would be best. Went on the Johns Manville website and called all of their dealers. What did you guys use on the walls behind your stage?

Hate to beat this dead horse but I am having the same issue finding a source for Linacoustic or similar product. I'm up by Story City, if anyone knows where I can get some I would be very thankful.

When people tell me "You are going to regret that in the Morning" I sleep in until noon. Because I am a problem solver.
tebbiebear is offline  
post #6310 of 6326 Old 06-06-2017, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jeahrens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbiebear View Post
Hate to beat this dead horse but I am having the same issue finding a source for Linacoustic or similar product. I'm up by Story City, if anyone knows where I can get some I would be very thankful.
Can't help you with your search, but welcome aboard! What are you putting together up there?
tebbiebear likes this.

jeahrens is offline  
post #6311 of 6326 Old 06-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Newbie
 
tebbiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Can't help you with your search, but welcome aboard! What are you putting together up there?
Thanks.
Wife and Son and I are building a dedicated 16x20 Theater its nothing high end and has lots of diy or diamond in the rough type of stuff and budget stuff. Bill Fitzmaurice TubaHT sub, Berhinger Eurolive Speakers etc. I'm a very long time lurker here and have read a ton before I got started.

Riser is 6' and floated and filled with insulation, will be vented to use as a bass trap. Stage is also filled with insulation, was going to go with sand but it just didn't work out.
The soffits are in and am working on the screenwall now. Things are coming along nicely.
Save
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	2174026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2017-06-06 at 10.09.44 AM.png
Views:	29
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	2174034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2017-06-06 at 10.10.01 AM.png
Views:	30
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	2174042   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1634.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	2174050  
booms1ra likes this.

When people tell me "You are going to regret that in the Morning" I sleep in until noon. Because I am a problem solver.
tebbiebear is offline  
post #6312 of 6326 Old 06-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Newbie
 
tebbiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Oh also, its wired for 7.2.4 but will probably be run as either 5.1.2 or 7.1 for now. I'm limited by the receiver but plan to upgrade when the 11 channel receivers come down in price a bit.

When people tell me "You are going to regret that in the Morning" I sleep in until noon. Because I am a problem solver.
tebbiebear is offline  
post #6313 of 6326 Old 06-06-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,770
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Great looking start to your space @tebbiebear . Good luck with your build. As you know, tons of knowledge here if you happen to have a question.
tebbiebear likes this.
deewan is offline  
post #6314 of 6326 Old 06-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
12B4A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CR Iowa
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Anyone in the CR area interested in a free pair of decent bookshelf speakers? http://gr-research.com/paradox1.aspx

They are built from a kit about 15 years ago using the cabinets from GR research. They are black oak and pretty stout. These have been my background music speakers and a round of speaker upgrades will have these supplanted by JBL 305s I currently have in the "theater." I really don't want to go through the process of attempting to sell them so I thought I'd check here first before they go down to sarmy or goodwill.

Life is Lambertian
12B4A is online now  
post #6315 of 6326 Old 06-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
ZLTFUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Altoona, IA
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
Anyone in the CR area interested in a free pair of decent bookshelf speakers? http://gr-research.com/paradox1.aspx

They are built from a kit about 15 years ago using the cabinets from GR research. They are black oak and pretty stout. These have been my background music speakers and a round of speaker upgrades will have these supplanted by JBL 305s I currently have in the "theater." I really don't want to go through the process of attempting to sell them so I thought I'd check here first before they go down to sarmy or goodwill.
Ugh...seriously tempted as I am looking for a pair of garage speakers to run off a gainclone amp I just picked up...

I keep confusing my intentions with my abilities.
ZLTFUL is online now  
post #6316 of 6326 Old 06-11-2017, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nickbuol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
Anyone in the CR area interested in a free pair of decent bookshelf speakers? http://gr-research.com/paradox1.aspx

They are built from a kit about 15 years ago using the cabinets from GR research. They are black oak and pretty stout. These have been my background music speakers and a round of speaker upgrades will have these supplanted by JBL 305s I currently have in the "theater." I really don't want to go through the process of attempting to sell them so I thought I'd check here first before they go down to sarmy or goodwill.
I'll toss my name into the ring if someone else doesn't snag them up. I've got a receiver that I have been wanting to unbox and use in our family room, but don't have any speakers for that room.

Let me know if you decide to part with them and someone else doesn't get them. I am going to be offline Tuesday and Wednesday as we are heading to Ames for freshman orientation for my daughter, but otherwise would be available. Even if you go somewhere else with them, just offering them up here is an awesome thing to even consider doing. So many people are just out for themselves.
nickbuol is offline  
post #6317 of 6326 Old 06-12-2017, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
12B4A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CR Iowa
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Ding ding ding

chicken dinner
nickbuol likes this.

Life is Lambertian
12B4A is online now  
post #6318 of 6326 Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,427
Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked: 1414
I just put up both pairs of my GR Research LS-6 speakers for sale. I can deliver these to anyone within a half days drive of Omaha. These are truly a fullrange speaker. Several in Iowa have heard them in my house including @dlbeck , @chriscmore , and @rkinmoval . rkinmoval liked them so much he ended up driving to Ohio to purchase three of the larger LS-9 speakers.

FS: Two pairs of GR Research LS-6 Line Source Speakers

Below are compression sweeps at about 1M with my 400 watt/8 ohm Digital Amp Company Cherry monoblock amplifier. These have more bass capability than most subs! Since the speakers are rear ported, the measurements are too close to the speaker to capture the port contribution. Peaks can get to 130 dB+. The woofers have XBL2 motors which were designed by Dan Wiggins. Last week at the LA Audio Show I met Dan Wiggins and heard his new speaker line.

chriscmore and ZLTFUL like this.

High Impact AV
- ISF Level II Video Calibrator, THX-HAA Level III Audio Designer/Calibrator
- Colorimetry Research CR-250 Spectroradiometer & CR-100 Colorimeter, Klein K10-A
- Murideo Fresco SIX-G/SIX-A Generator/Analyzer (HDMI 2.x, HDR, UHD)
- ACO Pacific and Earthworks Class 1 microphones
desertdome is online now  
post #6319 of 6326 Old 06-19-2017, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jeahrens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Had a nice visit with Draden1, Thrillcat, and the Seymours on Saturday for a showing of John Wick 2. The new screen and Epson did a nice job with the material Drew. Always fun to talk AV and movies .

jeahrens is offline  
post #6320 of 6326 Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Member
 
joshp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WDSM, IA
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Next time I'm down there I'm going to swap in a UF screen for you. I think you need it. I designed the UF for exactly this seating distance.

I did that for Thrillcat and he's commented it's much better at that distance.

With some light control, I'd rather be a tad under the fL targets and have a smooth looking screen, as projectors will always get brighter and in a dark room it'll surprise you the brightness levels that can look great.

Cheers,
Chris
I'm running the UF screen and love it! My seating distance is almost exactly 8 ft and it looks great with no weave seen.

chriscmore and Draden1 like this.
joshp14 is offline  
post #6321 of 6326 Old Today, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jeahrens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshp14 View Post
I'm running the UF screen and love it! My seating distance is almost exactly 8 ft and it looks great with no weave seen.
Wasn't there supposed to be an open house for this new theater a while ago?

jeahrens is offline  
post #6322 of 6326 Old Today, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 4,864
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
I recently upgraded from a Marantz slimline 1504 to the Integra 50.2, simple because I was worried that my EMP speakers, 88 db sensitive, might not be at their best at louder volumes with an only 50 w/ch receiver (the Integra has 135 watt/ch). Well, I was wrong...absolutely no difference in sound quality and the sound is identical (several processsing modes on the Integra give me slightly different sound)...however, bass management is nice. Of course, if I REALLY push the EMPs, they sound better with more power. but that is past the volume I normally listen at!

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
Elihawk is online now  
post #6323 of 6326 Old Today, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
I recently upgraded from a Marantz slimline 1504 to the Integra 50.2, simple because I was worried that my EMP speakers, 88 db sensitive, might not be at their best at louder volumes with an only 50 w/ch receiver (the Integra has 135 watt/ch). Well, I was wrong...absolutely no difference in sound quality and the sound is identical (several processsing modes on the Integra give me slightly different sound)...however, bass management is nice. Of course, if I REALLY push the EMPs, they sound better with more power. but that is past the volume I normally listen at!
I hope you have better luck with your DTR-50.2 then I have had with my DTR-40.2. I have had my HDMI board replaced about 2 years ago and it went our again about 7 months ago. The first time was covered, but now Integra said I would have to pay for it to be fixed and shipping. I my see if I can get the parts and fix myself or just scrap it. Now my DHC-60.5 is doing fine so far.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
post #6324 of 6326 Old Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jeahrens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 231
My Integra DHC 7.7 had to be sent back for the HDMI board. But was trouble free after it was repaired. Sounds like that may be a common problem for them. I kinda steered clear on Onkyo/Integra the last go around just because their room correction is supposed to be pretty poor. That said the Marantz 7702MK2 sounds noticeably better than the Integra, but considering how much newer it is, that isn't a huge surprise. I do miss the Integra's more granular bass management, but it's a small sacrifice when the Marantz offers better overall sound.

My B&W's are about the same sensitivity (upper 80's) and I did find some differences moving up to the Emotiva XPA-3 (200W/ch) from the Rotel 1075 (125w/ch). Mainly in male vocals. The B&W's have Kevlar midrange drivers, so my theory is that the extra oomph is better at subtle shifts in the cones. Or it could be placebo. I did make sure and run the new amp lower (-5dB I believe) to compensate for the extra wattage and still think the difference is there. Either way I'm happy since the XPA-3 was added to get to 7.1 which I'm up to now (the Rotel is driving the back 4).

@Ladeback I thought you were gonna visit us while you were up here for Metallica

jeahrens is offline  
post #6325 of 6326 Old Today, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
ZLTFUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Altoona, IA
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 145
New toy showed up today...got a gift from work for saving them some money and put it towards this guy...

Shiny new Sony UBP-X800. I was going back and forth on the 203 and this but in the end, the gift from work coupled with the price tag of $268 on Amazon and 2 free UHD movies swayed me. A plus is the streaming functionality, rumored upcoming DV firmware update and a high WAF with the cost made it an easy decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SonyUBPX800.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	2200945  

I keep confusing my intentions with my abilities.
ZLTFUL is online now  
post #6326 of 6326 Old Today, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
My Integra DHC 7.7 had to be sent back for the HDMI board. But was trouble free after it was repaired. Sounds like that may be a common problem for them. I kinda steered clear on Onkyo/Integra the last go around just because their room correction is supposed to be pretty poor. That said the Marantz 7702MK2 sounds noticeably better than the Integra, but considering how much newer it is, that isn't a huge surprise. I do miss the Integra's more granular bass management, but it's a small sacrifice when the Marantz offers better overall sound.

My B&W's are about the same sensitivity (upper 80's) and I did find some differences moving up to the Emotiva XPA-3 (200W/ch) from the Rotel 1075 (125w/ch). Mainly in male vocals. The B&W's have Kevlar midrange drivers, so my theory is that the extra oomph is better at subtle shifts in the cones. Or it could be placebo. I did make sure and run the new amp lower (-5dB I believe) to compensate for the extra wattage and still think the difference is there. Either way I'm happy since the XPA-3 was added to get to 7.1 which I'm up to now (the Rotel is driving the back 4).

@Ladeback I thought you were gonna visit us while you were up here for Metallica
I didn't go to Metalical, carp did though. I do need to go visit my brother in Ankeny some time soon.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Area Home Theater Meets

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off