Hitachi Factory Reset - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Hitach 51F710F and i want to reset the tv to the original settings. The issue im having is my Playstation 3 was working fine from the HDMI and now the picture is gone for some reason. My Directv works fine from the HDMI and the PS3 works on other tv's HDMI so i just want to try and reset the tv to see if that fixes the problem. Thank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Go to the front panel of the panel. Manually turn the TV OFF. Via the Front Panel push the INPUT Button in & Hold. Now use the power button on the front of the TV & turn ON the TV.

If done correctly, this will bring-up the TV's Service Menu. In the Service Menu you'll see an OPTION for Factory Reset. Personally I would reach-out to HITACHI 1st & see what they say before you do this
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
On the F59 series, there is a sm level "Factory Reset" & MEMORY INITIALIZE. I belive the SM's of these & your are essentially the same.

Personally, I'd avoid both. At least one of these "nukes" most if not all service menu settings---reverting them to settings that are not those that come from the factory---initially an "uncorrected" state in terms of picture/white balance/etc.

Did you perhaps recently update the PS3 firmware? Could have had some HDMI issue in it. I'd explore other options (Hitachi & Sony) before going the 'hard reboot" route.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

I have a service plan on the TV but they wont fix the tv if i tell them that my PS3 wont work. Mainly because the hdmi does work with other stuff. I did update the firmware on the ps3 but it worked and then one day just stopped.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflash24 View Post

I have a service plan on the TV but they wont fix the tv if i tell them that my PS3 wont work. Mainly because the hdmi does work with other stuff. I did update the firmware on the ps3 but it worked and then one day just stopped.

Try a new HDMI cable?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

yeah i've tried 3 different ones. I called Hitachi and they seem helpful so hopefully i can get help from them. Im just not in front of the TV for a couple more hours. Im also going to make sure its displaying in 1080i and not 1080p
Old 04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

yeah i've tried 3 different ones. I called Hitachi and they seem helpful so hopefully i can get help from them. Im just not in front of the TV for a couple more hours. Im also going to make sure its displaying in 1080i and not 1080p

If the PS3 got switched to output 1080p (is that a user option on the PS3? Don't know, but assume so), it might lead to no display on your Hitachi (which is equipped to handle up to 1080i).

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

i just spoke to hitachi again and i guess im a couple firmwares behind so they are sending me the update and that may fix the issue. My only problem is i just bought a 52 in toshiba LCD Regza 52HL167 and im slowly falling in love with it. My wife doesnt love the price and said if we get the Hitachi fixed the Toshiba is going back. Maybe i can sell the Hitachi.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

i just spoke to hitachi again and i guess im a couple firmwares behind so they are sending me the update and that may fix the issue. My only problem is i just bought a 52 in toshiba LCD Regza 52HL167 and im slowly falling in love with it. My wife doesnt love the price and said if we get the Hitachi fixed the Toshiba is going back. Maybe i can sell the Hitachi.

i bet you hooked your ps3 up to your new lcd didn't you? and i also bet your new lcd tv excepts 1080p and you set your ps3 to 1080p. now hook the ps3 back up to the lcd and go into display settings and set the output format back to 1080i and it will work on your hitachi again. let us know if that worked. just make sure when you hook it up to the lcd you select 1080i output setting in the display settings and not 1080p.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdaddye View Post

i bet you hooked your ps3 up to your new lcd didn't you? and i also bet your new lcd tv excepts 1080p and you set your ps3 to 1080p. now hook the ps3 back up to the lcd and go into display settings and set the output format back to 1080i and it will work on your hitachi again. let us know if that worked. just make sure when you hook it up to the lcd you select 1080i output setting in the display settings and not 1080p.

I tired that already. The PS3 stopped working before i even bought the LCD. I pulled it in the Hitachi using the AV cords and it detected the hdmi so i tried to let it set it self up and nothing. Then i manualy tried and nothing. I hope the firmware update fixes the issue.