1Likes

post #4861 of 15757 Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlent View Post

I haven't read ALL the posts to this thread, but when I contacted Samsung support (3 times), they finally told me that my HL61A750 would NOT decode Dolby 5.1 via the HDMI inputs. This was a "level 2" support person that told me this. Kind of screwed up if you ask me.

Basically, if I'm watching a High Def channel, and mute the amp, the TV has NO SOUND output (amp muted or unmuted). Low def channels sound does play on the sammy (because it's broadcast in 2 channel PCM).

I have an HDMI going from my dish network VIP611 to my Onkyo HT-R640 Amp (also have bluray HDMI going there too), which passes both video and audio to the Samsung. According to Onkyo techs (who seem to know much more than the Samsung techs do), they said that my AVR should just "ease drop" on the HDMI audio portion coming in, and just pass it to the TV. They were right. I hooked the HDMI from the DVR to the TV, and sure enough, no sound on the HD channels (NICE).

I had wanted to be able to run the sound through the TV at night, as the sammy has an audio-leveling feature and sound equalizer built in, and the amp is just too loud sometimes (but you still can't hear the dialog, unless some ahole on a commercial is shouting).

This can be "remedied" by going into the DVR setup and changing the HD audio settings to PCM output only. But I'll have to go into the DVR setup and change it back, every time I want to hear 5.1 on my AVR then. The only other way I can think of getting sound out of it, is running the 2 channel analog outputs on the DVR to the Sammy's HDMI/DVI port 3, and hooking the HDMI coming from the AVR to that port. I'm guessing that is probably going to cause some serious audio sync problems though.

It's just retarded that this set can't decode Dolby and output the mixed channels on its own two speakers. Fine, if you want to "protect" that "precious" sound track coming in via the HDMI then just strip/mix the other channels right when it comes in, or program the firmware to only output 2 channels to the Optical out. Any why the hell would I want to output 2 channels on Optical anyways? Yea, like I got this amp to listen to 2 channel stereo. It should be an Optical in on this TV.

I asked the last tech WTF was the point of having the XRS surround sound BS, and all the audio features in the menu if it couldn't even decode a basic codec like Dolby? Got no response, just the standard retarded "can I help you with anything else sir?" BS.....

Outside of the audio being too loud for nighttime viewing when using your a/v receiver...this post would sound pretty strange.

I not sure what any of us can say to you. The Sammy doesn't decode Dolby. 99.9% of us here are using an a/v receiver and not the television speakers. In all honesty, the problems with your receiver seem to be related to a flawed setup. Maybe you should ask for some help in that owner's thread. The dialog should not be that hard to hear. At the very least...bump up your center channel by a decibal or two.

Those audio features you mentioned are primarly used for and meant to be used with simple 2.0 stereo.

My advice would be to route all audio through your a/v receiver and adjust its setup to fix some of these problems. It's not the televisions fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4862 of 15757 Old 12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
How many TV sets can do you think can do what you are talking about?

Quote:

I haven't read ALL the posts to this thread, but when I contacted Samsung support (3 times), they finally told me that my HL61A750 would NOT decode Dolby 5.1 via the HDMI inputs. This was a "level 2" support person that told me this. Kind of screwed up if you ask me.

Basically, if I'm watching a High Def channel, and mute the amp, the TV has NO SOUND output (amp muted or unmuted). Low def channels sound does play on the sammy (because it's broadcast in 2 channel PCM).

I have an HDMI going from my dish network VIP611 to my Onkyo HT-R640 Amp (also have bluray HDMI going there too), which passes both video and audio to the Samsung. According to Onkyo techs (who seem to know much more than the Samsung techs do), they said that my AVR should just "ease drop" on the HDMI audio portion coming in, and just pass it to the TV. They were right. I hooked the HDMI from the DVR to the TV, and sure enough, no sound on the HD channels (NICE).

I had wanted to be able to run the sound through the TV at night, as the sammy has an audio-leveling feature and sound equalizer built in, and the amp is just too loud sometimes (but you still can't hear the dialog, unless some ahole on a commercial is shouting).

This can be "remedied" by going into the DVR setup and changing the HD audio settings to PCM output only. But I'll have to go into the DVR setup and change it back, every time I want to hear 5.1 on my AVR then. The only other way I can think of getting sound out of it, is running the 2 channel analog outputs on the DVR to the Sammy's HDMI/DVI port 3, and hooking the HDMI coming from the AVR to that port. I'm guessing that is probably going to cause some serious audio sync problems though.

It's just retarded that this set can't decode Dolby and output the mixed channels on its own two speakers. Fine, if you want to "protect" that "precious" sound track coming in via the HDMI then just strip/mix the other channels right when it comes in, or program the firmware to only output 2 channels to the Optical out. Any why the hell would I want to output 2 channels on Optical anyways? Yea, like I got this amp to listen to 2 channel stereo. It should be an Optical in on this TV.

I asked the last tech WTF was the point of having the XRS surround sound BS, and all the audio features in the menu if it couldn't even decode a basic codec like Dolby? Got no response, just the standard retarded "can I help you with anything else sir?" BS.....

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #4863 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

thanks for all the help guys. used colorHCFR and i1LT to calibrate my brother's HL67A750.

pre and post calibration measures attached. maybe i'm too used to saturated reds or my meter may be a bit off, red seems to look a bit toward orange imo.

pre calibration HCFR file

post calibration HCFR file

Luminance and Gamma stayed the same pre and post calibration. not sure what i need to do to get those to near reference.

I feel like an idiot, but I have no idea what to use to read a chc file.

Nevermind...figured it out...
post #4864 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have the 61A750 coming for delivery Friday. I like this stand yet it only says it is for 47" sets. Yet the base of the 61A750 would fit on it. Does it matter if you use a smaller stand with this set? Here is the link:

http://www.racksandstands.com/Bush-F...03-BU2896.html

MY HOME THEATER VIDEO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4865 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Advanced Member

It's probably OK as long as you dont have really rambunctious children or pets. In other words, it isn't going to topple over by itself, or anything. A big goofy dog might present problems, though.

Please pray for peace.
post #4866 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:

I have an HDMI going from my dish network VIP611 to my Onkyo HT-R640 Amp (also have bluray HDMI going there too), which passes both video and audio to the Samsung......

I'm confused on what's going on here. I using Dish's ViP722 with a straight connect via HDMI to Samsung. For my A/V receiver, I have an old Kenwood VR209 with no HDMI inputs, so I'm using TOSLink optic cable for Dolby 5.1. I get sound from the TV all the time, HD or not. Maybe you have something else going on?

Rick Steverson

Surely you didn't make the mistake of thinking I know what I'm talking about?!!
post #4867 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRS View Post

I'm confused on what's going on here. I using Dish's ViP722 with a straight connect via HDMI to Samsung. For my A/V receiver, I have an old Kenwood VR209 with no HDMI inputs, so I'm using TOSLink optic cable for Dolby 5.1. I get sound from the TV all the time, HD or not. Maybe you have something else going on?

We're talking about the TOSlink that comes FROM the TV when you are watching over the air programming. If you have an A/V Receiver, you really don't need to use the TV speakers unless you don't want to turn on your AVR.

The TV tuner will feed out a 5.1 digital broadcast out of its TOSlink to an AVR, if it is receiving one.
When the source is a digital component such as a DVD and is connected to the TV via HDMI, only 2 channel sound will be heard from the Home Theater receiver.

post #4868 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinchX View Post

i gave this a shot but it did not make any difference on my set's problem. thanks for the suggestion anyways though.

i ended up opening the access ports over the weekend and i could see the mirror and lens in it. i cleaned the lens w/ the lint-free cloth that came w/ the tv and looked for any problems or particles on the mirror... could not determine what was causing the problem still. my girlfriend seems to think it's a particle or imperfection imbedded in the lens itself (since i cleaned it pretty good). either way, the only way i can get it not to be visible is to crank my brightness up above 85 or so... which makes the blacks turn to light greys... not acceptable.

i went to CC today and told them i wanted to get a replacement and they said no problem.. but they don't have any more in stock locally, or in my region. great. it's a shame about the blob problem because otherwise this set is pretty much perfect (no convergence or geometry issues at all). i'm kind of worried i might get something worse than i have if i try again, you know? it seems like a gamble with these sets.. some people have had no problems, others have had nothing but.

i'm thinking of just returning it to CC and getting the same set from best buy. anyone buy their set from them, and if so, any problems with their customer service (if i got a second bad set).

Well I just got my 67a750 and I have noticed the same thing. It kinda sux because like you the pic looks great other than this. For me I have a single spot about 3" in diameter. it is a perfect circle. Center of the screen vertically and about two feet from the right. I was hoping there was fix, but im thinking ill go to BB tonight and tell them to deliver me another and pic my new one up. My wife didnt notice it, but I did during a dark scene of The Dark Night, i can only see it when the room is dark and on a dark scene. its a bummer.
post #4869 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat2na View Post

Well Ok I have the HL67A750 set up with my PS3 for Blu-Ray and the Onkyo 605 with the 7.1 audio. All is good and I love it, but can't find time to actually enjoy it!

I have it in the living room and most of the day is on kids shows. I have a 3 year old daughter and a teen girl. So when I finally get to rent or buy a Blu-Ray movie it has to be a PG or family film. Then is so hard to get everybody together to start watching the movie. Everybody got their own thing going on. We finally sit down to watch a movie and then my three year old may get bored or my wife gets on the phone or my teen daughter has somebody come over to visit and be real loud and start asking if she could go somewhere.

Is like I can only get to enjoy the home theater with a good R rated movie after they go to bed after 11:00PM and then I can't listen to it too loud becuase it will wake them up. Frustrating!!!!.

Sorry if this is the wrong area to make this post. I needed to vent. I rented No Country for Old Men like three days ago and I may have to return it since I can't find the time to watch it. I don't have a basement or any spare dedicated room.

How do you guys with kids and different schedules and work get to enjoy your home theaters?

I feel your pain. I'm hoping to add a 67A750 in 2 weeks, but right now I have a Sony 57" and a full compliment of Denon equipment, AVR, 3 amps, CD recorder and DVD player which is being swapped out for a Denon blu-ray. It took me more than 5 years to save/acquire/beg for everything and I can count on one hand the number of times we have sat down as a family to watch movies. At least I get to show it off for company. :-)
post #4870 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 11:05 AM

I just got my 61'a750 today. It looks smaller than I thought in my basment. I'm thinking 67' now Has anybody exchanged theirs from vann's?
post #4871 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Hi Guys
Have been enjoying the heck out of my set so have not ventured on this thread in awhile now. I am up against a deadline today and do not have much time to search right now. Can someone please help me with the answers to a couple questions?

I just took my one HDMI Charter HD box away from my Sammy 61" to use it with my projector and an HDMI distribution need there. I took that box which was DVI out and its DVI to HDMI cable to use for now with the Sammy until I can get in and swap out for another HDMI box.

I was surprised to see no optical input on the Sammy but vaguely remember reading something about that from others.

So I have tried both the digital coax out from the DVI Charter box and also the analogue stereo out hooked into where there are left & right RCA connections on the TV that say "DVI In". I can't get anything from either. Went into Charter menu and on the audio out option, tried both the "Dolby" and the "Other" selections. That's all I see. I don't see anything on the TV audio menu about selecting which input for audio. Only adjustments on it.

Please help....what am I missing or not doing?

Thanks very much
post #4872 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Return that box to the cable company and get a new one with HDMI outputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

Hi Guys
Have been enjoying the heck out of my set so have not ventured on this thread in awhile now. I am up against a deadline today and do not have much time to search right now. Can someone please help me with the answers to a couple questions?

I just took my one HDMI Charter HD box away from my Sammy 61" to use it with my projector and an HDMI distribution need there. I took that box which was DVI out and its DVI to HDMI cable to use for now with the Sammy until I can get in and swap out for another HDMI box.

I was surprised to see no optical input on the Sammy but vaguely remember reading something about that from others.

So I have tried both the digital coax out from the DVI Charter box and also the analogue stereo out hooked into where there are left & right RCA connections on the TV that say "DVI In". I can't get anything from either. Went into Charter menu and on the audio out option, tried both the "Dolby" and the "Other" selections. That's all I see. I don't see anything on the TV audio menu about selecting which input for audio. Only adjustments on it.

Please help....what am I missing or not doing?

Thanks very much

Service menu tweak info in

- Mike.
post #4873 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
sorry if this has been covered but does this set take a 1080p/24 signal and convert it to 1080p/60?
post #4874 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_pro View Post

Return that box to the cable company and get a new one with HDMI outputs.

Seriously how do you hook up audio when you can't run it through though HDMI.....(at the moment....OK?????) I mentioned I'm in a bind time wise to get both systems working today and will swap boxes later. I can't be the only schmoe out here running a DVI outputting device to this set.
post #4875 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboaudi View Post

sorry if this has been covered but does this set take a 1080p/24 signal and convert it to 1080p/60?

No. If the signal is 1080p/24 then that is how the tv will display it.
post #4876 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm not sure because I run audio through my AVR, but I think audio may have to be on the same input as the video input you select in the video menu?

I just looked at the back of my set. there is an input marked "audio " which looks like digital coax just above the PC input.

Other than that, try reading the manual.

Good luck.

Dave

post #4877 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujaap View Post

I had 67a750 delivared yesterday from CC, this unit has 1007.4 firmware and DOM is November 2008. I have been having strange problem with this TV every 10 to 15 minutes I have to unplug/plug otherwise it is randomly shutting off or getting freezed.

I am trying to findout if anyone have or had a same problem with this TV. Eventhough it has 1007.4 FW, it is very strange problem, any update , please..!!!!
post #4878 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujaap View Post

I am trying to findout if anyone have or had a same problem with this TV. Eventhough it has 1007.4 FW, it is very strange problem, any update , please..!!!!

I've had this tv for 2 months and I'm getting this exact same problem. The tv doesn't actually shut off...it goes blank. The blue light on the front is still on and the only way to get a picture is to unplug and replug. Mine goes out about every 5mins. I just upgraded to firmware 1005.3 and that still doesn't help. Any suggestions?
post #4879 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

I'm not sure because I run audio through my AVR, but I think audio may have to be on the same input as the video input you select in the video menu?

I just looked at the back of my set. there is an input marked "audio " which looks like digital coax just above the PC input.

Other than that, try reading the manual.

Good luck.

Thanks moonhawk! I moved the HDMI end of the DVI>HDMI cable to that same named 3rd input on the set and selected it in the Source menu. Now at least I have analogue stereo coming out, but lower in volume so adjusted set up. No idea yet how to get the digital coax to work yet (tried disconnecting the analogue cables from both the box and TV but still nothing) But this will work until I can swap the box out.

Thanks again
post #4880 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post

I've never understood why so many people want to run 5.1 sound through their TV before it gets to the receiver, but I see people asking about it all the time. If your only option for audio is using the TV speakers, running the sound to the TV makes sense, but for someone with a surround system (since that is the complaint) why wouldn't you just run all the audio to the receiver directly? As for audio levelling, people are too lazy to change the volume with a remote? Audio is not *supposed* to be all the same volume anyway, it's called dynamics. It's part of the director's intent, just like aspect ratio, film grain, etc.

RE-read my post, CAREFULLY.

First, I wanted the TV to decode and "play" the sound through the TV's own speakers, not send it to the amp (HDMI goes through the amp first, then to the TV).

Second, at night (when everyone else is sleeping), I don't want to run the sound through the AVR, because it's too "booming" (especially low freq's), and then when an idiot ad spokesman comes on during commercials and SHOUTS, it gets really bad, even with the "late night" function on the AVR engaged.

So when the sound levels on one channel is so low that I have to turn the amp up to 70 (out of 99), and the next channel has it blaring so loud that it's too loud even at the 50 setting, you relate that to the directors original intent? Oh, the idiot shouting in the commercials are suppose to wake up the dead?

I don't give a r@ts a@@ what the "directors" original intent was, I don't want to go from normal to blaring when a commercial comes on, or if I change channels.

So, I'm too lazy to quickly mute or turn down the amp every time a commercial comes on? No, the engineers at Samsung were too lazy to do something simple, like decoding Dolby off of the HDMI inputs....

BTW, the "audio leveling" feature I'm talking about, I think, doesn't narrow the dynamic range of the sound per se. I thought it was suppose to keep all incoming content at the same volume level range (i.e. commercials, different channels at the same levels).
post #4881 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know any tv that does what you want.
Does your AVR not have a night mode? What about a crossover setting along with small and large speaker settings?
I find the mono sound from two tv speakers to be much boomier than my speakers if set correctly at night so as not to disturb the sleeping.
post #4882 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:

RE-read my post, CAREFULLY.

First, I wanted the TV to decode and "play" the sound through the TV's own speakers, not send it to the amp (HDMI goes through the amp first, then to the TV).

Second, at night (when everyone else is sleeping), I don't want to run the sound through the AVR, because it's too "booming" (especially low freq's), and then when an idiot ad spokesman comes on during commercials and SHOUTS, it gets really bad, even with the "late night" function on the AVR engaged.

So when the sound levels on one channel is so low that I have to turn the amp up to 70 (out of 99), and the next channel has it blaring so loud that it's too loud even at the 50 setting, you relate that to the directors original intent? Oh, the idiot shouting in the commercials are suppose to wake up the dead?

I don't give a r@ts a@@ what the "directors" original intent was, I don't want to go from normal to blaring when a commercial comes on, or if I change channels.

So, I'm too lazy to quickly mute or turn down the amp every time a commercial comes on? No, the engineers at Samsung were too lazy to do something simple, like decoding Dolby off of the HDMI inputs....

BTW, the "audio leveling" feature I'm talking about, I think, doesn't narrow the dynamic range of the sound per se. I thought it was suppose to keep all incoming content at the same volume level range (i.e. commercials, different channels at the same levels).

This may not help and I'm sorry but I just wanted to chime in. I don't use the T.V.'s speakers (I use the T.V.'s optical output to my receiver). There are times when the commercials are a bit louder but it's never too loud that I have to turn down the volume by a lot or even any at all. There is probably only one or two channels that do this and it's only when they are showing movies.

If your audio from your receiver is too boomy (although it could be your speakers), why not just try turning down the bass a little bit? I don't want to sound rude or anything but the T.V.'s internal speakers are horrible. Perhaps the T.V. isn't properly equalizing the audio? Also, my DVR has an option where it can normalize any high changes in volume. Yours might have that too.
post #4883 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
can the gamma and luminance be adjusted through service menu settings?

post #4884 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 04:49 PM

I've had my HL67A750 for a few months now. Every time I turn on the TV it is in Dynamic mode no matter what the previous setting was at. Is there a way to get the standard mode to stick so I don't have to switch to it every time?
post #4885 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I just had my TV calibrated by Eliab on Sunday and all I can say is WOW! After calibrating it, this TV looks fantastic! Eliab is a great guy and does a very thorough job!

Support C-band, the only true satellite signal,
post #4886 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post

I just had my TV calibrated by Eliab on Sunday and all I can say is WOW! After calibrating it, this TV looks fantastic! Eliab is a great guy and does a very thorough job!

I'm thinking about getting my TV calibrating as well, but not sure exactly where to look (I'm in the pittsburgh area) What all does the calibration fix? Would it correct geometry issues or is this solely for better picture?
post #4887 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdanderson View Post

No. If the signal is 1080p/24 then that is how the tv will display it.

There was a big discussion on this a few months ago and the conclusion was that this TV doesn't keep the 24P or use a 5:5 cadence to display at 120Hz. It uses 3:2 to convert to 1080p/60. Do a search on 24P if you want to find more information.
post #4888 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 05:32 PM

Yea, I know that the HL61A750's speakers are tinny/poor, but because it has a software equilizer built in, and audio normalization, I can easily boost the dialog audio without raising the rest of the audio (not as easy to do with my HT-R640 Onkyo AVR). The "late night" feature tends to turn down the "dialog audio" even more, so you end up turning up the volume anyways just to hear the dialog. I'll try raising the center channel a few decibels to maybe fix that somewhat.

I like the settings on my AVR for when I am watching a movie, and am not worried about disturbing anyone. I thought that by having the sound on the TV speakers late at night, I could avoid the occasional car crash/commercial/channel change from waking everyone up in the house (in the living room, not a dedicated AV room). Keep in mind, two 10 watt speakers vs five 100 watt speakers + 250W sub, and the 10 watt Tv speakers don't have the low freq response so the sound tends not to travel very far (low freq's tend to go right through walls).

No HD tv's decode Dolby from an HDMI input? Yes, this is my first time I've used an HDMI input to an HD tv (ran component to my HD projector). Only reason I can see for that, is if the movie studios insisted it be that way to protect their precious content (even the audio). The thing to do there would have been to allow decoding & down-mixing to 2 channel stereo for the TV's speakers, but not allow audio to be output (via TOSlink, etc) from the TV in anything other than 2 channel PCM (or not at all) if coming in from an HDMI port.

RickRS, are you sure your getting 5.1 from the optical link out of your sammy? You should if it's OTA programming (connected to TV's tuner), but not if it's Sat HD programming coming in from HDMI (from what I understand anyways). Are you sure your VIP722 is not just sending out 2 channel PCM (see setup menu)? Because then you will get sound out of the TV (but no 5.1 to the amp). I can't imagine that the studios would allow that precious audio content be sent out via an unencrypted optical link.
post #4889 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I might be looking to purchase a new set to replace my 19 month old Toshiba 65HM167. My set is very dim and needs a new bulb perhaps. I had a LNT4681F LCD for a few weeks and that set produced a nice picture compared to my aged Toshiba. I didn't keep it because it was too small. Would the Samsung produce a better picture than my Toshiba when it was new? I know I wont get the brightness compared to the LCD I had but will the picture be close?
post #4890 of 15757 Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddysnake View Post

I'm thinking about getting my TV calibrating as well, but not sure exactly where to look (I'm in the pittsburgh area) What all does the calibration fix? Would it correct geometry issues or is this solely for better picture?

Picture quality, grey scale, focus, colorspace etc. Nothing with geometry though. He was able to fix the Focus and Actuator settings to make this tv nice and sharp, something Samsung should be able to do but will not.

Jim

Support C-band, the only true satellite signal,
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page