2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 2726 Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Member
 
78Staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post

...Talked to Comcast on unrelated issue and mentioned it - they advised 120Hz TV needs a specific HDMI cable...anybody heard this?

Going to hit the search pages on the HDMI but other than the cable me like very much...

Now I just have to decide on a BR player or PS3...or XBOX

Well didn't take long to find all the "special 120Hz cable needs" is rubbish threads...so I guess that is not the issue. Note I do have an overpriced "high end" HDMI cable now because I was too impatient to order one and wait, so on the plus side it is not a cheapo or anything... AR PRO II I think.

Note I should say it is intermittent...ie sometimes it works fine, sometimes I have to unplug and plug...
78Staff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 2726 Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Member
 
loflin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw4991 View Post

Got my 67 set up and calibrated using DVE BD. Absolutely perfect geometry within 1/16 inch AFTER moving it around on its end, lol. Beautiful, rich, vivid color...couldn't be happier.

I set the Anynet+ function to On with auto turn off of connected components
but it doen't seem to work. My sammy remote will control the Panny bd35 pause-advance-play features, but won't turn on/off???
Here is the setup:
The Panny BD35 and Comcast HD box are connected via HDMI to my Yamaha RX-663. 663 HDMI out to my Sammy 67. no other connections-all HDMI

Why will the sammy remote(CEC) work the Panny, but on/off, etc. won't? I thought all CEC components over HDMI should work together?

Advice please, thx!

Anynet+ is Samsung's implementation of the allowed HDMI-CEC function in the HDMI spec. It only works for other (Samsung) Anynet+ devices.

Each manufacturer, if they produce multiple components (like Sony, Samsung, etc.) have their own proprietary implementation of HDMI-CEC and they do not interoperate. Sony calls their's Bravia Sync.

Whole chapter on it in your manual, starting pg 88.
loflin is offline  
post #273 of 2726 Old 10-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Member
 
mtw4991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by loflin View Post

Anynet+ is Samsung's implementation of the allowed HDMI-CEC function in the HDMI spec. It only works for other (Samsung) Anynet+ devices.

Each manufacturer, if they produce multiple components (like Sony, Samsung, etc.) have their own proprietary implementation of HDMI-CEC and they do not interoperate. Sony calls their's Bravia Sync.

Whole chapter on it in your manual, starting pg 88.


Unfortunately, that's what I thought. Its gonna be a Harmonyous One X-mas ANY chance of running HDMI video from the BD35 str8 to the 67 and getting CEC functionality? Maybe?
mtw4991 is offline  
post #274 of 2726 Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, my near perfect 67A750 is starting to have a flaw. For some reason, the fan noise of the TV has increased from inaudible to a slighly annoying air movement sound accompanied by a slight hum. Do these TVs have temperature sensors in them that caused the fan to crank up if the room is warmer?
Brian1313 is offline  
post #275 of 2726 Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Member
 
sunwaterpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberized View Post

STUPID QUESTION - - - do you mean that this green color anomoly cannot be corrected using ALL of the various "setup" menus that are built into the set? I have read SLUGS of RAVE reviews of the Color Quality - especially after in home Setup and this is the first I have seen about a "freen push" problem.

TKS Michael

I don't know if Samsung ever officially acknowledged the problem. There are alot of weird problems that some people have with this set, and others don't have any of them.

I read somewhere that many of the issues have to do with the manufacturing of the tvs in mexico and lax quality control.
sunwaterpool is offline  
post #276 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 03:49 AM
Newbie
 
VaughnW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered mine from Crutchfield. They have lowered their price to $1999 AND they are including a free $400 Bell'o AVS-2762 stand. The stand looks very nice and I verified the price range as $378-550. BTW, the free stand offer is qualified as "while quantities last." Off course the price includes 'white glove delivery' and if you use the Sony Financial funding option you get 18 months interest free. I couldn't wait any longer! I've been lurking here for a long time. Thanks for all the info.
VaughnW is offline  
post #277 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
domingos1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnW View Post

I just ordered mine from Crutchfield. They have lowered their price to $1999 AND they are including a free $400 Bell'o AVS-2762 stand. The stand looks very nice and I verified the price range as $378-550. BTW, the free stand offer is qualified as "while quantities last." Off course the price includes 'white glove delivery' and if you use the Sony Financial funding option you get 18 interest free. I couldn't wait any longer! I've been lurking here for a long time. Thanks for all the info.

u will love it
domingos1965 is offline  
post #278 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TJEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Iron Mountain, Michigan
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have to make a decision today. (most likely) I think I am decided on one of the 2 Sammy LED sets (should I be looking at something else in this price range?) I CANNOT decide whether to get the 67 or 61. I have a 51 now and my room is not overly large. Is the 67 going to be too big??? Anyone have any pics of theirs?

THanks for the help guys,

-Eli

AV Nut
TJEli is offline  
post #279 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Steven Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashville
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally, after waiting for my 6 year old Mitsubishi WS-65869 to sell on Craigslist, I just ordered the 67" from Crutchfield. Free shipping and a free stand. I don't need the stand, and plan to sell it off with an Amazon listing (unless someone here needs it cheap). I should clear enough from the stand's sale to have the TV for approx. $1800 w/ no tax or shipping costs.

I've followed this thread for months, but the hold up was finding a new home for the Mitsubishi beast. This Samsung will be at least 10 inches thinner.

I plan to re-read the thread and start tweaking my set when it arrives within a week...

I'm anxious to see how the USB works with regard to using it to play back my "Coca-Cola Screenplay" jpeg slides and whatever MP3 audio files I want in the background.

Steven

Roger Ebert--"This is one more pathetic example of the dumbing of America--to show the films in the wrong aspect ratio to placate the stupid, instead of in the right aspect ratio to reward the knowledgeable."
Steven Good is offline  
post #280 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
domingos1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post

I have to make a decision today. (most likely) I think I am decided on one of the 2 Sammy LED sets (should I be looking at something else in this price range?) I CANNOT decide whether to get the 67 or 61. I have a 51 now and my room is not overly large. Is the 67 going to be too big??? Anyone have any pics of theirs?

THanks for the help guys,

-Eli

get the 67" u will be glad u did
domingos1965 is offline  
post #281 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Quentin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NorthWest USA
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
C'mon guys, why don't you start posting in the real thread on the A750?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1029686

This thread doesn't serve any purpose, even the OP acknowledged that. It should have been merged into the A750 FAQ/Owners thread a long time ago instead of splitting up important info. Mike_pro did a lot of hard work on that thread and this thread only diminishes it.

Can you imagine having a separate thread for every screen size of every model of TV? Makes a lotta sense doesn't it.

2008 Samsung HLxxA650/Series 6 DLP Thread/FAQ
HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
Quentin2 is offline  
post #282 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eddy_winds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

get the 67" u will be glad u did

+1

Quote:


makes a lotta sense doesn't it.

+1

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.


GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
eddy_winds is offline  
post #283 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Newbie
 
1080p_er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Love my new 67", but.......

Is anyone else having issues with picture settings resetting to default after 30 minutes?

Was thinking about re-flashing firmware, but my set has v1006.1 (2008/04/31) and website shows latest as v1005.3 (2008-04-17). Anyone know why there is this discrepancy? I don't want to lose the latest flash in case it was not causing my issue.
1080p_er is offline  
post #284 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Quentin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NorthWest USA
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p_er View Post

Love my new 67", but.......

Is anyone else having issues with picture settings resetting to default after 30 minutes?

Was thinking about re-flashing firmware, but my set has v1006.1 (2008/04/31) and website shows latest as v1005.3 (2008-04-17). Anyone know why there is this discrepancy? I don't want to lose the latest flash in case it was not causing my issue.

Get your TV out of Shop Mode, see the Plug&Play menu to do it. This is in the A750 FAQ and your manual.

2008 Samsung HLxxA650/Series 6 DLP Thread/FAQ
HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
Quentin2 is offline  
post #285 of 2726 Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Newbie
 
1080p_er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Quentin2. I tracked down the answer(s) in other threads also.....

30min reset problem posted in 61" thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=2169
Disabling Shop Mode Info: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post14553194
1080p_er is offline  
post #286 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Member
 
rickaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin2 View Post

C'mon guys, why don't you start posting in the real thread on the A750?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1029686

This thread doesn't serve any purpose, even the OP acknowledged that. It should have been merged into the A750 FAQ/Owners thread a long time ago instead of splitting up important info. Mike_pro did a lot of hard work on that thread and this thread only diminishes it.

Can you imagine having a separate thread for every screen size of every model of TV? Makes a lotta sense doesn't it.

Since I am considering the purchase of the HL 67A750 ONLY I like the fact I can see only comments about it and not the smaller HL61A750 at present. When they both are replaced with another model number in 2009that is the time to merge these threads.

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential 750Gb EXTERNAL hard drive, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
rickaren is offline  
post #287 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Lou Sytsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: St. Albert, AB
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally got my 67'' which replaced last year's 56 LED DLP model. Wow! What a difference a year makes. No halos or reflections, solid geometry, and much darker blacks. I'm in heaven!

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
Lou Sytsma is offline  
post #288 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Member
 
RobertVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up the 67 LED DLP at CC for 1799.00 with the 10% off of the 1999.00 price and other incentives and also purchased this stand:

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/pro...VSC9870.IN.JPG

I like the stand because I have a large center channel and fits perfecting in the designed area for it.

I attached a shot of mine. I am totally redoing my living area with new furniture and a wall unit and my apologies for the picture quality on mine. Camera is acting up.


I can tell you this is a spectacular TV. There is NOTHING in my opinion for the money comes close. As for the people suggesting to merge the topics, if someone would rename the other topic and say "61 AND 67inch LED" then maybe people would pay attention. I know it says it in the opening part of the thread but not in the title. Not all of us frequent this forum all the time and when I saw the other thread I thought looking in that one until I saw this one. Most people are going to look for their size and model. How is everyone to know there is no difference? Not everyone is a TV expert. Just my 2 cents on that.


I will check out the other thread since it has been stated there is some good information there though.


LL

Mitusbishi WD-82740
Samsung HL67A750
Onkyo TX-SR608
Definitive Technology ProTower 400 Towers
Definitive Mythos 3 Center
Definitive ProCinema 800 rears
Two polk psw110's
RobertVT is offline  
post #289 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Member
 
lastdefender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnW View Post

I just ordered mine from Crutchfield. They have lowered their price to $1999 AND they are including a free $400 Bell'o AVS-2762 stand. The stand looks very nice and I verified the price range as $378-550. BTW, the free stand offer is qualified as "while quantities last." Off course the price includes 'white glove delivery' and if you use the Sony Financial funding option you get 18 months interest free. I couldn't wait any longer! I've been lurking here for a long time. Thanks for all the info.


I just checked their web site and it says $2249.00?

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...567A750&tp=162
lastdefender is offline  
post #290 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Shin CZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertVT View Post

I just picked up the 67 LED DLP at CC for 1799.00 with the 10% off of the 1999.00 price and other incentives and also purchased this stand:

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/pro...VSC9870.IN.JPG

I like the stand because I have a large center channel and fits perfecting in the designed area for it.

I attached a shot of mine. I am totally redoing my living area with new furniture and a wall unit and my apologies for the picture quality on mine. Camera is acting up.


I can tell you this is a spectacular TV. There is NOTHING in my opinion for the money comes close. As for the people suggesting to merge the topics, if someone would rename the other topic and say "61 AND 67inch LED" then maybe people would pay attention. I know it says it in the opening part of the thread but not in the title. Not all of us frequent this forum all the time and when I saw the other thread I thought looking in that one until I saw this one. Most people are going to look for their size and model. How is everyone to know there is no difference? Not everyone is a TV expert. Just my 2 cents on that.


I will check out the other thread since it has been stated there is some good information there though.


OMG, the ps3 should NOT be on top of the 360 like that!

That is not enough air flow for either system.

Other than that, thumbs up on the setup.
Shin CZ is offline  
post #291 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Member
 
RobertVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I never use the 360 LOL. I guess that is why it is like that.

Actually gutting the entire room and getting brand new wall unit and replacing and moving everything to it's rightful place. Your right about the air though. I just seem to never play anything but NCAA on the PS3 and Blue Rays.

Need to get it set up and take a another picture like a before and after.

Mitusbishi WD-82740
Samsung HL67A750
Onkyo TX-SR608
Definitive Technology ProTower 400 Towers
Definitive Mythos 3 Center
Definitive ProCinema 800 rears
Two polk psw110's
RobertVT is offline  
post #292 of 2726 Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Newbie
 
tobygoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think the price changed sometime this morning, as I was on the fence and freaked when it changed. I called them up, and they said they would honor the 'old' price ($1999 + free stand) if I could buy right then, which I did. You should call them and I'd bet they'd do the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdefender View Post

I just checked their web site and it says $2249.00?

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...567A750&tp=162

tobygoo is offline  
post #293 of 2726 Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TJEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Iron Mountain, Michigan
Posts: 1,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep. it changed this morning. I ordered a 61 from them on Saturday. Yes, I decided on the 61.

-Eli

AV Nut
TJEli is offline  
post #294 of 2726 Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Newbie
 
StAngerSandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

circuitcity.com has a nice price for the 67"

sale price $2099-10%off coupon(PKACD5EARN) = $1889+ tax u must order online and pick up at store

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertVT View Post

I just picked up the 67 LED DLP at CC for 1799.00 with the 10% off of the 1999.00 price and other incentives and also purchased this stand:

I like the stand because I have a large center channel and fits perfecting in the designed area for it.

I attached a shot of mine. I am totally redoing my living area with new furniture and a wall unit and my apologies for the picture quality on mine. Camera is acting up.


I can tell you this is a spectacular TV. There is NOTHING in my opinion for the money comes close. As for the people suggesting to merge the topics, if someone would rename the other topic and say "61 AND 67inch LED" then maybe people would pay attention. I know it says it in the opening part of the thread but not in the title. Not all of us frequent this forum all the time and when I saw the other thread I thought looking in that one until I saw this one. Most people are going to look for their size and model. How is everyone to know there is no difference? Not everyone is a TV expert. Just my 2 cents on that.


I will check out the other thread since it has been stated there is some good information there though.



What 10% coupon did you use? Can you please share? I bit at $2099 with 10% off a couple weeks ago, and if I can save another $90 + tax by going back and having them price match their new price, you will be my HERO!!! (that would more than cover the cost of the Harmony 620 I got at Costco for $79.99 yesterday!!!)

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks to everyone for helping me decide on this TV. I've been lurking on this thread and the 61" thread for months, and finally pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago. i registered today and seeing this makes me think it was worth the entire day at work I've wasted researching stuff!
StAngerSandman is offline  
post #295 of 2726 Old 10-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Member
 
banditt101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I just got my Samsung 67A750 yesterday. I upgraded it from my Samsung 6187s. It's much brighter and looks amazing...almost I guess. I noticed something yesterday that was a bit disturbing. I'll try to explain it the best way possible. Everything looks great except when I put in an HD DVD or BLU Ray DVE calibration disc to check out the color, alignment and other things I noticed that during the Grid line test (not really sure what it's called) the lines were straight but seemed to move about 1 inch higher on the bottom right side which also effected the top right side. Almost seems like an alignment problem. I tried to put it in Just Scan mode but looked a bit better in 16:9 mode, but the problem was still there. I also notice this issue when I bring up my Guide for Satellite.
Can anyone tell me on what's happening? Is this a simple service call fix from Samsung or do I return the DLP?
Thanks! The more replies the better.
banditt101 is offline  
post #296 of 2726 Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Member
 
harleyfatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sandman wrote - What 10% coupon did you use? Can you please share? I bit at $2099 with 10% off a couple weeks ago, and if I can save another $90 + tax by going back and having them price match their new price, you will be my HERO!!! (that would more than cover the cost of the Harmony 620 I got at Costco for $79.99 yesterday!!!)

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks to everyone for helping me decide on this TV. I've been lurking on this thread and the 61" thread for months, and finally pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago. i registered today and seeing this makes me think it was worth the entire day at work I've wasted researching stuff!


Sandman - do a google search on Circuit City 10% off and you'll find the link for it. I had bought the Samsung DLP from CC during Columbus Day sale - $2099 minus 10% was $1889.

Today i did the search and found the 10% off link and used it at CC online and the TV was $1999 minus 10% = $1799. So I took the screen shot of this with me to the CC store and manager refunded me my $90...good luck!
harleyfatboy is offline  
post #297 of 2726 Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lee Bailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Central California,USA
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FYI:
When it comes to coupons, if you are a member of AAA, they also have coupons you can use for online ordering at Circuit City.
Lee Bailey is offline  
post #298 of 2726 Old 10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Newbie
 
StAngerSandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyfatboy View Post

Sandman wrote - What 10% coupon did you use? Can you please share? I bit at $2099 with 10% off a couple weeks ago, and if I can save another $90 + tax by going back and having them price match their new price, you will be my HERO!!! (that would more than cover the cost of the Harmony 620 I got at Costco for $79.99 yesterday!!!)

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks to everyone for helping me decide on this TV. I've been lurking on this thread and the 61" thread for months, and finally pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago. i registered today and seeing this makes me think it was worth the entire day at work I've wasted researching stuff!


Sandman - do a google search on Circuit City 10% off and you'll find the link for it. I had bought the Samsung DLP from CC during Columbus Day sale - $2099 minus 10% was $1889.

Today i did the search and found the 10% off link and used it at CC online and the TV was $1999 minus 10% = $1799. So I took the screen shot of this with me to the CC store and manager refunded me my $90...good luck!

^
Same strategy I used yesterday as well. I found an affiliate site that would apply the discount of 10% against the new price, and then went in to the store with the screenshot half expecting a battle. I got no resistance at all, they just asked if I could pull up the site on their computer (no problem), and they gave me back $97 (90 + tax). I was happy about the $1889 price, this is like XMAS!

Thanks to all, I'm very much enjoying the new set!

Still on the search for a new stand though, trying to decide if I want to build or buy. None of the 60" stands will hold my 20" wide Polk center channel.
StAngerSandman is offline  
post #299 of 2726 Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Member
 
harleyfatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went ahead and built a stand. Home depot has some nice wide pieces of wood that you can stain or paint. I built a 60 " long x 18" wide x 24" high stand. Came out very nice. I painted it. Saved a ton of money and much more useful than the $300 stands I had looked at...
harleyfatboy is offline  
post #300 of 2726 Old 10-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Senior Member
 
JeffGrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGGieStuFF View Post

I can honestly say this TV has caused me to gain 5lbs. DAMN YOU SAMSUNG!

This made me chuckle. After dropping 30# since Aug1, this better not happen to me

I ordered the 61" from Amazon, $1549 delivered. Shipping from 5 hours away, but scheduled for NEXT Tuesday????

Jeff Grimes

HT Enthusiast
JeffGrimes is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off