2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
Rear Projection Units > 2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread
R8der's Avatar R8der 12:05 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdforthefamily View Post

Are there any tips regarding delivery with CC?
Also where can I get the AAA coupon?

Thanks

Tips regarding delivery? Find a friend with a pickup truck. You can rent a truck by the hour from Home Depot. Just don't tell them you aren't buying anything.

You can get the 8% off coupon at aaa.com. Just look under discounts. You'll need to be logged in with your aaa account. You can use it to shop online if you prefer, or have it e-mailed to you.

I've used two of these in the last month.....I bought the Panasonic BD55 from Circuity City a few weeks ago.

Chris

R8der's Avatar R8der 12:09 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipfreely View Post

When I went in today I told them I spoke with a sales person the day before and was advised the 1599 price was good till Saturday. The sales person today talked with her manager and she approved it. Good luck..

Anyone, will this box fit in a Dodge Durango? Trying to borrow a vehicle to get it home after work.

Congrats.....I would have presumed they'd fight you on it like they did me. If you push it hard enough, you should get that price. It's about how much you are willing to push. I wish I had printed that page....that would have made my fight much easier.

Dodge Dakota yes....Dodge Durango? I don't see how. This is way too tall for that. You need a pickup truck.

Chris
zmclean's Avatar zmclean 01:04 PM 11-07-2008
Ill attach my receipt here with order number partially gone.
LL
skipfreely's Avatar skipfreely 01:12 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8der View Post

Congrats.....I would have presumed they'd fight you on it like they did me. If you push it hard enough, you should get that price. It's about how much you are willing to push. I wish I had printed that page....that would have made my fight much easier.

Dodge Dakota yes....Dodge Durango? I don't see how. This is way too tall for that. You need a pickup truck.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I finally located the box dimensions and its almost 4' high! So I found a Tacoma to borrow. You guys rock.
knurled's Avatar knurled 01:22 PM 11-07-2008
Drove 45 minutes to my local CC today. Finally watching a red drone open the gates at 5 past the hour, I quickly noticed much has changed. The CC in Cranston R.I. had HALF the TV sets as usual and no DLP's. It should be noted this is NOT one of the 150 locations closing either. Upon asking "is anyone available in the TV department" I was finally waited on and informed there are no DLP's in stock. The reason for half the usual stock of sets was "to make room for the new furniture as most of the sets will be placed on the walls". Bottom line....if it's not on the shelf, how is it expected to sell. Other "local stores" did not have this set either. Does anyone have a listerine strip to get rid of this bitter taste? I guess I'll remain cautiously optimistic for Black Fri.
michdanderson's Avatar michdanderson 02:20 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmclean View Post

Ill attach my receipt here with order number partially gone.

I noticed on your receipt that it shows and additional 10% off. How did you manage that? The last 10% off coupons I saw for CC expired on 11/1/08.

By the way, thanks for making this available. I will be bringing it with me to CC to help my case.
RainWind's Avatar RainWind 02:22 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by knurled View Post

Drove 45 minutes to my local CC today. Finally watching a red drone open the gates at 5 past the hour, I quickly noticed much has changed. The CC in Cranston R.I. had HALF the TV sets as usual and no DLP's. It should be noted this is NOT one of the 150 locations closing either. Upon asking "is anyone available in the TV department" I was finally waited on and informed there are no DLP's in stock. The reason for half the usual stock of sets was "to make room for the new furniture as most of the sets will be placed on the walls". Bottom line....if it's not on the shelf, how is it expected to sell. Other "local stores" did not have this set either. Does anyone have a listerine strip to get rid of this bitter taste? I guess I'll remain cautiously optimistic for Black Fri.

I get the feeling that they're phasing these out of their inventory. When I was buying mine from CC last month they said they were going out of production. The sales rep was a bit confused because of how new the set was, and our best guess is that CC isn't going to be carrying them anymore.

Likewise just the other day CC had knocked that set down to $1599 and they have no more in stock within 50 miles of me, and they're out of stock on-line. I don't know if it was a mistake, or a way of getting rid of these sets. *I'm just stoked that the TV I paid $2200 for almost a month ago got $600 knocked off. That's darn near the price of my refurb TX-SR875.

I don't recall seeing anything on the website saying that it was good until a certain date. http://wolves.us/HL67A750%201600.PNG You can always print out my screenshot of the price that I was saving in case they wanted to argue my price match request. Maybe you can talk to them and convince them to sell it for that price. I had zero problems getting them to price match. They refunded me the difference to my CC already.

After being marked "out of production" in their system, then being so heavily discounted, and now mostly out of stock I'm thinking they're shifting to carrying only wall-hangers.

All that said I'm happy with my TV. My little red bleed issue in the lower right went away (no idea why) and I think part of the problem with some visual oddities was my wife. She kept changing it to component, and fiddled with some settings. So I unhooked the component cable and left only HDMI attached. :P
jgdrag's Avatar jgdrag 04:58 PM 11-07-2008
One thingI I can advise is to bring the set home and let it sit for a few hours out of the box so it can get to room temperature. If it sits in a cooled area and you turn it on, you could experience problems or worst yet, fry the tv. Advice given to me by the delivery boys.

John
hdforthefamily's Avatar hdforthefamily 05:01 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:

Tips regarding delivery? Find a friend with a pickup truck. You can rent a truck by the hour from Home Depot. Just don't tell them you aren't buying anything.

You can get the 8% off coupon at aaa.com. Just look under discounts. You'll need to be logged in with your aaa account. You can use it to shop online if you prefer, or have it e-mailed to you.

I've used two of these in the last month.....I bought the Panasonic BD55 from Circuity City a few weeks ago.

Chris

Thx R8der, lol, I was meaning more along the lines of getting them (CC) to ship etc. I noticed that the series 6 72" went up from 2199 to 2999 I dont know why? sorry off topic.

So anyway amazon lists the 67A750 for 1969.00 pretax and will deliver. Has anyone else dealt with Amazon shipping a 67" and any feedback? Thanks again.

By the way couldn't find the AAA coupon...the AAA site seems to not load server problems I guess.
R8der's Avatar R8der 05:31 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:

Thx R8der, lol, I was meaning more along the lines of getting them (CC) to ship etc.
By the way couldn't find the AAA coupon...the AAA site seems to not load server problems I guess.

"Doh!" on the shipping....

Since you are in California try logging into CSAA. The Circuit City coupon comes up on the front page after I log in my zip code.

Chris
hdforthefamily's Avatar hdforthefamily 05:52 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:

"Doh!" on the shipping....

Since you are in California try logging into CSAA. The Circuit City coupon comes up on the front page after I log in my zip code.

Chris

Cool man, I'll keep trying...I dont know why my system doesn't like the AAA site. it's not blocked or popblocked but the site has problems loading past the zip code screen...I'll keep trying.
mistabinks's Avatar mistabinks 07:44 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainWind View Post

I don't recall seeing anything on the website saying that it was good until a certain date. http://wolves.us/HL67A750%201600.PNG You can always print out my screenshot of the price that I was saving in case they wanted to argue my price match request. Maybe you can talk to them and convince them to sell it for that price. I had zero problems getting them to price match. They refunded me the difference to my CC already.

Thanks for posting that screen shot. I printed it and took it down there but no luck though. They said they would match the online price but couldn't match a print out. I didn't push the issue because there was no date on the screen shot and the hosting website wasn't circuitcity.com. I figured it was too much of an uphill battle.
Shin CZ's Avatar Shin CZ 08:55 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:

Thx R8der, lol, I was meaning more along the lines of getting them (CC) to ship etc. I noticed that the series 6 72" went up from 2199 to 2999 I dont know why? sorry off topic.

So anyway amazon lists the 67A750 for 1969.00 pretax and will deliver. Has anyone else dealt with Amazon shipping a 67" and any feedback? Thanks again.

I have. Delievered in a couple of days with no delivery issues whatsoever. Happy with the TV? No. Happy with the delivery? Yes.
northwoods_maine's Avatar northwoods_maine 09:24 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:

Bought mine 30 days ago through Amazon for $1,995. with free "white glove" delivery. I have to admit about being a little nervous about having a 67" TV shipped from Cal. to Maine. Took about 8 days from order to delivery and the delivery people were excellent and so is the TV.

Wouldn't hesitate to another TV from Amazon.
captclueless's Avatar captclueless 09:34 PM 11-07-2008
Hmmm. I had paid for delivery, but I think I am going to call my friend to help me go pick it up tomorrow. Just want to make sure they don't try to screw me and sell the tv to someone else. I put mine on my circuit city card. Called the number on the card tonight, and the amount is taken away from my available credit, but isn't included in my statement balance. Since they have already sold me the tv, they can't just undo the sale without telling me can they?
domingos1965's Avatar domingos1965 09:42 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless View Post

Hmmm. I had paid for delivery, but I think I am going to call my friend to help me go pick it up tomorrow. Just want to make sure they don't try to screw me and sell the tv to someone else. I put mine on my circuit city card. Called the number on the card tonight, and the amount is taken away from my available credit, but isn't included in my statement balance. Since they have already sold me the tv, they can't just undo the sale without telling me can they?

better run over to CC asap lol lol
R8der's Avatar R8der 11:15 PM 11-07-2008
Quote:

If you have a purchase receipt I find it very hard to see how they could deny the sale after the fact. I'd be on the phone to the Attorney General in a heartbeat if they tried to pull that crap on me. I'd not worry about it.

Chris
Amuzeme's Avatar Amuzeme 11:55 AM 11-08-2008
Quote:

Captclueless,
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Circuit City is an outstanding company, with a stellar reputation for not only selling the highest quality merchandise, but well known for it's excellent customer service. Their managers and employees are touted for their impeccable moral character and commitment to ensuring a quality buying experience for their customers.
They would NEVER engage is such shoddy deceptions. I mean think about it, if they were to do such a dastardly deed and were found out, the buying public would abandon them in such numbers that they might be forced to close 150 stores nationwide. What?.....They did close 150 stores??????.....nevermind
briangtiguy's Avatar briangtiguy 02:45 PM 11-08-2008
my hl67 got delivered today, all i can say is wow. after watching some blueray on my samsung bd1500 it's wicked. and playing gears of war 2 on my 360 is amazing. no problems with my set so far, i'll post a few pics later
hdforthefamily's Avatar hdforthefamily 03:41 PM 11-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ View Post

I have. Delievered in a couple of days with no delivery issues whatsoever. Happy with the TV? No. Happy with the delivery? Yes.

Thanks Shin, why are you unhappy? was it the viewing angle? anything else?
hdforthefamily's Avatar hdforthefamily 03:48 PM 11-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoods_maine View Post

Bought mine 30 days ago through Amazon for $1,995. with free "white glove" delivery. I have to admit about being a little nervous about having a 67" TV shipped from Cal. to Maine. Took about 8 days from order to delivery and the delivery people were excellent and so is the TV.

Wouldn't hesitate to another TV from Amazon.

Thanks for the info...Do you happen to know where this item actually originates in shipping? All you guys are great!
jcall209's Avatar jcall209 04:00 PM 11-08-2008
You guys who are contemplating this deal might just be surprised at how CC may be willing to deal on this set. I know I was. I called up four stores in my area and three of the four said that they will only honor the $1999 as the $1599 was a mistake that was corrected in store and online within a few hours. However, the fourth store said they would honor the $1599 if I could show them the printout that this kind gentleman posted on here.

Well, I wrote down the salesmans name and headed out on my quest. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down which of the four stores said that they would match the price. These stores are anywhere fron 15 -75 miles from each other. Luckily I remembered the salesman's name and called back until I found a store with the right name. He was on break at the time when I arrived so I started talking to the dept head and he said he knew about the mistake and that it really happened. He said that was below their cost. He would not go that low , but he would go $1699 for my trouble but would not honor my 8% AAA coupon. I negotiated to 1650 and made the deal.

Towards the end the original sales person came back and he had the right name but it was not the same guy. Turns out the dept head I was talking to knew the other guy with the same name because he had worked at that store previously.
He said even if I went there (about 30 miles away) and got the original correct guy to go to $1599 he was positive that they would not let me use my coupon for 8 percent.

So, I ended up saving $350 off the $1999 just by trying , and ended up with the discount from a previous store which said sell at $1999. If I would have driven the 30 miles I may have saved another $50 but I had no guarantee that the guy over the phone had the authority to price match from his manager. So, I figured go with the sure thing.

Obviously, they did not have to do this. Shows excellent customer service. Moral of the story try, try and try again. Stores are hurting for business and I can almost guarantee you that this would not have been honored 5-10 years ago in good economic times. By the way , I worked at CC for 3 years way back then.

Good luck in your quest.
captclueless's Avatar captclueless 04:02 PM 11-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuzeme View Post

Captclueless,
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Circuit City is an outstanding company, with a stellar reputation for not only selling the highest quality merchandise, but well known for it's excellent customer service. Their managers and employees are touted for their impeccable moral character and commitment to ensuring a quality buying experience for their customers.
They would NEVER engage is such shoddy deceptions. I mean think about it, if they were to do such a dastardly deed and were found out, the buying public would abandon them in such numbers that they might be forced to close 150 stores nationwide. What?.....They did close 150 stores??????.....nevermind

LOL.......*runs out the door***
hdforthefamily's Avatar hdforthefamily 04:21 PM 11-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcall209 View Post

You guys who are contemplating this deal might just be surprised at how CC may be willing to deal on this set. I know I was. I called up four stores in my area and three of the four said that they will only honor the $1999 as the $1599 was a mistake that was corrected in store and online within a few hours. However, the fourth store said they would honor the $1599 if I could show them the printout that this kind gentleman posted on here.

Well, I wrote down the salesmans name and headed out on my quest. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down which of the four stores said that they would match the price. These stores are anywhere fron 15 -75 miles from each other. Luckily I remembered the salesman's name and called back until I found a store with the right name. He was on break at the time when I arrived so I started talking to the dept head and he said he knew about the mistake and that it really happened. He said that was below their cost. He would not go that low , but he would go $1699 for my trouble but would not honor my 8% AAA coupon. I negotiated to 1650 and made the deal.

Towards the end the original sales person came back and he had the right name but it was not the same guy. Turns out the dept head I was talking to knew the other guy with the same name because he had worked at that store previously.
He said even if I went there (about 30 miles away) and got the original correct guy to go to $1599 he was positive that they would not let me use my coupon for 8 percent.

So, I ended up saving $350 off the $1999 just by trying , and ended up with the discount from a previous store which said sell at $1999. If I would have driven the 30 miles I may have saved another $50 but I had no guarantee that the guy over the phone had the authority to price match from his manager. So, I figured go with the sure thing.

Obviously, they did not have to do this. Shows excellent customer service. Moral of the story try, try and try again. Stores are hurting for business and I can almost guarantee you that this would not have been honored 5-10 years ago in good economic times. By the way , I worked at CC for 3 years way back then.

Good luck in your quest.

JCAL209: Good post helps me. I was going to not try but I think I will try CC with the print out, still can't get the AAA cpn. The thing I like about amazon is that you can choose a variety of accessories/brands and have it all under the 24months no interest. I dont see the free white glove option but haven't gone through the checkout process.
R8der's Avatar R8der 01:35 AM 11-09-2008
I picked up the set today. When they were bringing the set out to my car, several managers came outside to check me out....they must have heard stories of my victory two days earlier....

Scary moment on the way home. I tied this thing down as best I could in the back of my pickup, but it stands so tall and is so incredibly light! So I'm driving slow....and a semi truck decides to pass me...and as he is going by, the blast of wind caused by his truck sends the tv leaning way to the right. I had to veer right and get off the freeway to keep the set from tumbling over from that blast of wind. Yikes!

I quickly got off the freeway and took surface streets the rest of the way home. Bring a lot of bungee cords if you use a pickup truck!

What a difference working with a 100 lb set versus my older 250 lb monster!

We watched football and several HD shows from Comcast tonight....looks incredible! This set is so huge....but I adjusted to the size quickly!

By the way, we are temporarily using a wooden chest as a stand...and the 18" height is perfect. I can barely notice some slight degradation on the bottom of the set while standing, and on the top of the set while sitting on the floor. We are talking VERY slight. Looks great from 30 degrees off axis where my wife sits on the couch too. Maybe a 5% loss of brightness....barely noticeable. Don't let those alarming posts about vertical and horizontal viewing worry you....unless you want to view from more than 45 off axis or HAVE to put it on a tall stand for some reason.

Chris
captclueless's Avatar captclueless 09:18 AM 11-09-2008
Jeez, Circuit city's price is back up to 2569. They do have 3 years no interest though.
askewed's Avatar askewed 10:11 AM 11-09-2008
We picked up this set yesterday at CC for $1,869. Tweaked it for an hour and now we have a fantastic TV! We replaced our original Samsung 50' DLP -- the very first one. It was a good set, the color wheel noise was annoying but all in all a solid purchase.

This new one looks like a winner! PS3, FIOS, HDTivo all look great. Enjoy!
captclueless's Avatar captclueless 05:56 PM 11-09-2008
Picked mine up today and WOW! Nice set. Packed it back up though, since I am moving in a few weeks. Anyway. So I was wondering. I know that circuit city's website states that the tv is 120hz, but best buy's says it is a 60hz set. After reading some things, it seems that the cinema pure engine is what creates the 120hz? So it is not truly a 120hz set? I am confused.
hdforthefamily's Avatar hdforthefamily 08:12 PM 11-09-2008
Went to my local cc and they wouldnt do the 1599.oo ..with the printout and the AAA 10% off.

They did have a 61A750 open box item for 1319.oo
Got my financing aprvd but ran out of time last night.

I had a nice page laid out with links for many things we talk about with this model but lost the post...5 hours of work gone...life goes on.
William Moore's Avatar William Moore 08:47 PM 11-09-2008
Hello: I'm considering purchase of the Samsung 67A750 to replace my Sony KP57WV-700 CRT RPTV and I was just wondering who can give me some guidance and/or recommendations and, has any of the AV mags reviewed this model? Is this model as good or better that similar Mitsibishi DLP models? From what I've seen from dealers such as One Call and Crutchfield, the Samsung TVs most always get very high marks from purchasers. Any feedback from you guys will be greatly appreciated! thanks.
Tags: Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop