2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2731 Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Had my HL67A750 since Friday and I'm very happy. TV came with latest firmware but no stickers,no buzzing,no audio drop outs and geometry is spot on. The only flaw I see is there's slight hour glass bowing on 4:3 stuff but not that noticeable. The few HD channels I receive over air are great, NFL games were breathtaking(need to move ant out of attic signal is pretty low). I'm moving up from a 35'' in Mits tube so this thing is huge Sorry I'm in a hurry but I'll post any problems I run into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2731 Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

sounds like very good deal
1 000 000 contrast
i would take it asap

Contrast ratio is not that good of a reason to buy or not buy a TV. It is a very inflated, over-hyped, and often meaningless statistic.
post #93 of 2731 Old 09-23-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khagerman View Post

Just got this late last week and I'm very pleased

What stand did you pair with this unit? Techcraft PTV583B Monaco Series TV Stand

What dvd/blueray player did you pair? Playstation 3, figured it was about the same price as a standalone player and we can play games

What receiver did you pair with it? Direct TV HR20-700

What are your movie settings? Have not explored this.

The TV this replaced was a 4-year old 52 " Toshiba DLP which we had always been happy with but really galled us to shell out another $150/year for a new bulb. So the goal here was to get a larger screen and out from under the yearly bulb expense. Got so much more...............The LED light source is bright but not glaring. The 1080p for the Hi-def DVD's is just spectacular, as good as being in a theater.
We are very pleased with the decision. I think Samsung should get serious about mounting a campaign to market these LED DLP's as an economical alternative to LCD's. We have always preferred the DLP picture, I like the matte screen but, on top of that, I don't feel we have given up anything................this is just great

Khagerman,

I just got mine today and set it up in the garage until my cabinet is adjusted. I hooked up a PS3 via HDMI, and yes, this thing is sweet.

That being said, if you look up close say 2 feet away, when looking at computer generated text (both Samsung menus and PS3 generated text) it almost looks a tad out of convergence (even though I know thats impossible) where the red pixels are shifted up maybe 1 or 2 pixels and the blue down. Stand back and you can't really see it.

Have you seen this when up real close or do I have a problem with my set??

THanks
post #94 of 2731 Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

only when i get up and close to the screen

I have the exact same problem. Is this normal or is there something wrong with mine?
post #95 of 2731 Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchinsky View Post

I have the exact same problem. Is this normal or is there something wrong with mine?

i came to the conclusion that if u don't see from your seating position then its fine.
i love this tv
post #96 of 2731 Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepanda View Post

Are you using surround sound? If so, where are you putting your center speaker? - If you have any pictures, please post.

Also, do these stands usually come assembled?

Yes, speaker is in middle door on shelf. Sounds good.

I'll get pictures soon.

You have to assemble it. Got mine from bizarredeal.com. Best price on net and had it 2 days after ordering it.
post #97 of 2731 Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1313 View Post

Contrast ratio is not that good of a reason to buy or not buy a TV. It is a very inflated, over-hyped, and often meaningless statistic.

so, does anyone think that i will be "blown away" by the Samsung 63" plasma (PN63A760) they're sending me as a replacement that i won't want to sell it and get another new HL67A750?

just curious. Amazon has the 67" back in stock for $1,999 again with free white glove delivery.

"Why is The Flash in a hot tub?"
post #98 of 2731 Old 09-24-2008, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

My money is on the plasma.

My dual Rythmik Servo sub project (actually quad now, need to update page)
HDM format neutral thanks to the pricing wars of the '07 xmas shopping season :)
post #99 of 2731 Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks! Can't wait for the pictures

So did you leave off the center cabinet door or do you just open it when you're using the tv/sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot View Post

Yes, speaker is in middle door on shelf. Sounds good.

I'll get pictures soon.

You have to assemble it. Got mine from bizarredeal.com. Best price on net and had it 2 days after ordering it.

post #100 of 2731 Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepanda View Post

Thanks! Can't wait for the pictures

So did you leave off the center cabinet door or do you just open it when you're using the tv/sound?

I leave it on - it has mesh in the middle. Sounds passes through perfectly.
post #101 of 2731 Old 09-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Ok, here is a picture of the TV and stand. I don't have my system complete, but you get the idea.
I tried to take some pictures of the TV on, but I suck at that.
LL
post #102 of 2731 Old 09-26-2008, 04:54 PM

Guys, do you think this TV will work with this?

hxxp://www.furniturexo.com/Silver-Glass-Entertainment-Center-HomeLine-H875-p-30252.html sorry please C&P the link

It's 60" wide and the TV is 60.8 I think, so no biggie there I could toe out the back of the shelves and nobody would be the wiser. However, the height of the TV is 41.5" and the height inside there is 40.5". It's seems so perfect otherwise. If you take the "foot" off the bottom, will that drop it an inch? From what I saw in the other thread, it seems like the foot somehow takes off the width but not the height. Any opinions on this? I could shim up the bridge too, but it'd be nice if it just worked perfectly.
post #103 of 2731 Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixiterra View Post

Guys, do you think this TV will work with this?

hxxp://www.furniturexo.com/Silver-Glass-Entertainment-Center-HomeLine-H875-p-30252.html sorry please C&P the link

It's 60" wide and the TV is 60.8 I think, so no biggie there I could toe out the back of the shelves and nobody would be the wiser. However, the height of the TV is 41.5" and the height inside there is 40.5". It's seems so perfect otherwise. If you take the "foot" off the bottom, will that drop it an inch? From what I saw in the other thread, it seems like the foot somehow takes off the width but not the height. Any opinions on this? I could shim up the bridge too, but it'd be nice if it just worked perfectly.

Not sure if this helps or not, but the TV is only that height at the bezel. It slopes off pretty quickly after that. If you could slide that top shelf back maybe a couple of inches (or bring the stand portion forward), it would fit over the top of the set.
post #104 of 2731 Old 09-27-2008, 03:59 PM

Liked: 11
My HL67A750 on its stand is 20 inches off the floor and sitting on couches at about 11 feet or less, the picture is dead-on with these settings.
These settings are great for movies in a darker room or daytime with indirect lighting:

Mode - Standard
Contrast - 95
Brightness - 35
Color/Tint - 50
Black Adjust - Medium
Dynamic Contrast - Low
LED Control - Auto
Gamma, White Balance and Flesh Tone - 0
Edge Enhancement - OFF
Color Tone - Cool 1
Size - Just Scan
Digital NR - Auto
Color Gamut - Wide
Film Mode - Auto

This works in a variety of lighting environments during the day and night, just thought I would post it as a happy owner.
post #105 of 2731 Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Putting the Color Gamut on wide gives it a CSI:Miami look.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #106 of 2731 Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gparris View Post

My HL67A750 on its stand is 20 inches off the floor and sitting on couches at about 11 feet or less, the picture is dead-on with these settings.
These settings are great for movies in a darker room or daytime with indirect lighting:

Mode - Standard
Contrast - 95
Brightness - 35
Color/Tint - 50
Black Adjust - Medium
Dynamic Contrast - Low
LED Control - Auto
Gamma, White Balance and Flesh Tone - 0
Edge Enhancement - OFF
Color Tone - Cool 1
Size - Just Scan
Digital NR - Auto
Color Gamut - Wide
Film Mode - Auto

This works in a variety of lighting environments during the day and night, just thought I would post it as a happy owner.

Thanks, I'll try them. What about Sharpness and some of the other options?
post #107 of 2731 Old 09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am thinking of getting a HL61A750 or HL67A750 in May when the 5 year warranty on my current RPTV runs out. Are these Samsung sets true 2008 models? When did they first become available in the USA? Has Samsung announced what their 2009 line will be like and when they will be available? I would rather have the newer 4th generation DLP chip.

The pricing of the HL61A750 is quite good right now, and I hope to knock another 100 or 200 bucks off that price by May. Do you think an extended warranty is worthwhile for these sets, or are they reliable enough?

I assume they have exactly the same light engine, so the 61" will be even brighter per square inch than the 67". Is that correct?

IB
post #108 of 2731 Old 09-28-2008, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky blacks View Post

I am thinking of getting a HL61A750 or HL67A750 in May when the 5 year warranty on my current RPTV runs out. Are these Samsung sets true 2008 models? When did they first become available in the USA? Has Samsung announced what their 2009 line will be like and when they will be available? I would rather have the newer 4th generation DLP chip.

The pricing of the HL61A750 is quite good right now, and I hope to knock another 100 or 200 bucks off that price by May. Do you think an extended warranty is worthwhile for these sets, or are they reliable enough?

I assume they have exactly the same light engine, so the 61" will be even brighter per square inch than the 67". Is that correct?

IB

yes they are 2008 models
no news about the 2009 models not until at least january and samsung might even abandon RPTV altogether
i have the 67" and i did buy an extended warranty for peace of mind ($161)
yes i think they share the same engine but the 67" is plenty bright
post #109 of 2731 Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, I hope they don't stop making them because they are the most energy efficient and cost effective big screen TVs available. I hope they add a 72" LED driven model, which I would think would be a big seller.

You got a great price on the extended warranty. If that is an additional 4 year plan (5 years total), then you got a great deal.

IB
post #110 of 2731 Old 09-28-2008, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky blacks View Post

Well, I hope they don't stop making them because they are the most energy efficient and cost effective big screen TVs available. I hope they add a 72" LED driven model, which I would think would be a big seller.

You got a great price on the extended warranty. If that is an additional 4 year plan (5 years total), then you got a great deal.

IB

its a 3 year extended warranty that starts after the 1 year manufacters warranty
post #111 of 2731 Old 09-29-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Putting the Color Gamut on wide gives it a CSI:Miami look.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
post #112 of 2731 Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot View Post

Thanks, I'll try them. What about Sharpness and some of the other options?

Great, I used sharpness to 35 watching for most shows as it seems to create edge effects higher up.
I have since changed the settings for black adjust and Dynamic contrast to low.
post #113 of 2731 Old 09-30-2008, 09:53 AM

Guys,

I'm buying the 67A750 when my local home theater store gets it in from their distributor, but I have a couple questions I need answered before I take delivery.

I've read the lead-in on the 6xA750 thread and read the Samsung web specs, but neither tells me what the actual *footprint* is with the stand. The stand is clearly several inches narrower than the actual TV itself, and from the specs on Samsung's site apparently adds 1 inch to the depth.

I have a Sanus NF203 holding my 36" CRT TV. Top shelf is 35" wide by 22" deep with a capacity of 210 pounds.

I'm guessing I'm going to need a new stand, but will still want to know how with the TV is with the stand so I know how narrow a stand I can get away with. (I have bookshelves on either side of the TV stand so space is limited.)

Also, I've read the stand is not included with the TV, but not sure if they mean the stand that attaches to the TV or the stands Samsung makes to sit the TVs on (the latter being obviously not included, the former I would think would be included). Can someone clarify for me?
post #114 of 2731 Old 09-30-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggielaw View Post

Guys,

I'm buying the 67A750 when my local home theater store gets it in from their distributor, but I have a couple questions I need answered before I take delivery.

I've read the lead-in on the 6xA750 thread and read the Samsung web specs, but neither tells me what the actual *footprint* is with the stand. The stand is clearly several inches narrower than the actual TV itself, and from the specs on Samsung's site apparently adds 1 inch to the depth.

I have a Sanus NF203 holding my 36" CRT TV. Top shelf is 35" wide by 22" deep with a capacity of 210 pounds.

I'm guessing I'm going to need a new stand, but will still want to know how with the TV is with the stand so I know how narrow a stand I can get away with. (I have bookshelves on either side of the TV stand so space is limited.)

Also, I've read the stand is not included with the TV, but not sure if they mean the stand that attaches to the TV or the stands Samsung makes to sit the TVs on (the latter being obviously not included, the former I would think would be included). Can someone clarify for me?

Mine came assembled with the little footprint stand
post #115 of 2731 Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggielaw View Post

Guys,

I have the 67A750. The TV's base that would sit on your furniture measures approximately 39 inches wide by 13 inches deep at its widest point (the back of the set).

Mickey
post #116 of 2731 Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM

Has anyone posted there settings after a professional calibration? If so I would love to check thoses out

I'm going to try gparris's settings out tonight when I get home.
post #117 of 2731 Old 10-01-2008, 08:40 PM

Hey all,

I've had the set for 3 or 4 months now and I'm enjoying it. Couple issues though...

1. If I go to the S/W upgrade section on the TV, it says "Software can be upgraded". If I hit the info. button, it shows firmware "T-AQMAUSC-1005.3 2008-04-17". I did do an upgrade a little while back. Here's the thing though...

Samsung's page for the HL67a750 shows the same build #, but a different date.
build date : 2008-05-21

If I upgrade with this file, the TV reports that it's the same version.

2. I just noticed another thread here that mentions a knocking noise. I occasionally get this once in a blue. Any ideas on what this is?
post #118 of 2731 Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 PM

after reading alot online about this tv for about a month i went today and ordered at my local store. i'm only taking delivery of it on the 10th of november tho, i'll be gone with work for the month so it should be here a couple of days after i get home.

i intend to build a custom stand for it after i have it and decide on it's final position, for now i'm going to use the stand that my current tv is on, it's the matching one for a 36 inch sony crt. it should have no problem holding it up. i'll be connecting it to a marantz sr5600 reciever and use my xbox 360 as dvd player for now, untill i get a ps3 around christmas to play blueray's on. for a cable box i'm using a motorolla dvr hd box, not sure what the model number of it is. it should be a pretty sweet setup when i get done. i'll be sitting about 10 feet from it on my couch.
post #119 of 2731 Old 10-05-2008, 09:47 AM

I was looking at the A650 and A750 LCDs before I discovered these new LED DLP sets. I have a question that I've not found the answer to yet. Does the 67" DLP have the same glossy screen that the A650/A750 LCDs have? The very glossy and REFLECTIVE screens of the Sammy 650/750 series is what made me start looking elsewhere. I have a lot of light sources, natural and man made, in my viewing area. I can cut some of it out but not all as others in the house don't want to be in the dark all the time.

Thanks
post #120 of 2731 Old 10-06-2008, 04:08 AM

I just got my new HL67A750 two days ago and had problems right out of the box. Have to do a few re-boots unplugging power and plugging in again befor e getting a picture and sound. Runs great for 5 minutes and then the picture goes black but sound remains. Only way to get picture back is to reboot a few times again. After messing with it like this for half an hour....it remains running problem free.
I had 1006.1 in it and loaded in 1005.3 and still does the same thing.
Anyone have any suggestions as to problem???
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page