2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 2726 Old 01-26-2009, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Received mine form Big River today and the set seems fine though I had an issue with delivery. Everyone at Amazon and at CEVA were very nice and repsonsive, but the driver left the TV with the doorman without calling to see if anyone was home. He returned fairly quickly after several calls to Amazon and CEVA but only by himself??? Luckily the doorman helped (we tipped him of course) with the delivery and everything worked out. Amazon refunded the $72 that shipping would have cost though I requested a higher refund. CEVA said that the driver is not allowed to leave the television with anyone but the person who ordered the set and were very apologetic.

Haven't spent a lot of time with it. 4/2008 build. 1600.1 firmware. Only have the Xa2 Hddvd player hooked up since cable company is coming on Thursday. Used suggested settings and watched both HD movie and sd dvd and both looked excellent. Don't seems to notice any problems so far. Glad that Big River has them back in stock so if there is an issue they can do a swap.

Will get it calibrated after the 30 day return policy is up.

Anyone else notice that the $200 nfl rebate form has to be received (not postmarked) by 2/28?
If I keep the box for the thirty days then I would have to send it 2 day mail to make sure it gets there on time. PITA

Thanks to everyone on the board for their help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 2726 Old 01-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by if200 View Post

Received mine form Big River today and the set seems fine though I had an issue with delivery. Everyone at Amazon and at CEVA were very nice and repsonsive, but the driver left the TV with the doorman without calling to see if anyone was home. He returned fairly quickly after several calls to Amazon and CEVA but only by himself??? Luckily the doorman helped (we tipped him of course) with the delivery and everything worked out. Amazon refunded the $72 that shipping would have cost though I requested a higher refund. CEVA said that the driver is not allowed to leave the television with anyone but the person who ordered the set and were very apologetic.

Haven't spent a lot of time with it. 4/2008 build. 1600.1 firmware. Only have the Xa2 Hddvd player hooked up since cable company is coming on Thursday. Used suggested settings and watched both HD movie and sd dvd and both looked excellent. Don't seems to notice any problems so far. Glad that Big River has them back in stock so if there is an issue they can do a swap.

Will get it calibrated after the 30 day return policy is up.

Anyone else notice that the $200 nfl rebate form has to be received (not postmarked) by 2/28?
If I keep the box for the thirty days then I would have to send it 2 day mail to make sure it gets there on time. PITA

Thanks to everyone on the board for their help.

Congrats on the TV.
Let us know how it is after you get it set-up.
I noticed that your build date is earlier than some of the units that others have been receiving.
post #1173 of 2726 Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Tech View Post

I disabled Anynet as it was more trouble than it is worth... Slows down the startup time of the TV and searches like plug N play for HDMI devices all the time.

Agreed Anynet is a pain in the ass.

"The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow."
post #1174 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandude View Post

Congrats on the TV.
Let us know how it is after you get it set-up.
I noticed that your build date is earlier than some of the units that others have been receiving.

Thanks, I was surprised at the 4/2008 build date and 1006.1 firmware. However, as long as it plays well I won't be concerned. I searched this thread as well as the 61" thread and I still haven't found out what the 1007.3 or 1007.5 updates do.

I am looking forward to the cable being installed on Thursday.
post #1175 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 43
just found my date:

Made 9/2008. I actually bought it a little over a month after it was made. My TV does have geometry issues. I am looking intro getting a real calibrator out here to see if he can adjust that.

firmware is 1007.5
post #1176 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger42 View Post

Do those HDMI devices have to be Samsung devices which are designed to work with Anynet?

The manual says the Anynet device must be Samsung but my TV detects my Sony Bluray player and controls it. It is not reliable though. Sometimes I hit the arrow key on the Samsung remote to select a menu of the DVD and it jumps 2 or 3 menus. Also, the TV sometimes turns on when the BD player is turned on but not always. Sometimes the TV turns on when I eject a disc (if the player had been off before you eject). Again, this doesn't always happen just sometimes. Also, when I turn the BD player off, the TV sometimes changes from HDMI to TV. Other times is stays on HDMI.
post #1177 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalumberjack View Post

just found my date:

Made 9/2008. I actually bought it a little over a month after it was made. My TV does have geometry issues. I am looking intro getting a real calibrator out here to see if he can adjust that.

firmware is 1007.5

Are you seeing geometry issues from the grid pattern or during regular viewing?
post #1178 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolmanJoe View Post

The manual says the Anynet device must be Samsung but my TV detects my Sony Bluray player and controls it. It is not reliable though. Sometimes I hit the arrow key on the Samsung remote to select a menu of the DVD and it jumps 2 or 3 menus. Also, the TV sometimes turns on when the BD player is turned on but not always. Sometimes the TV turns on when I eject a disc (if the player had been off before you eject). Again, this doesn't always happen just sometimes. Also, when I turn the BD player off, the TV sometimes changes from HDMI to TV. Other times is stays on HDMI.

Had the same issue. Went to play a cd on my sony bdp-s550 and the tv went on. I thought it was the remote, so I manually turned the tv off and the sony turned off. Disabled anynet.

post #1179 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 AM

I'm supposed to take receipt of my TV this Friday. Its a white glove service from 6ave.com so I imagine I will be able to open it up and test it before the guy takes off. What whould I test with? I dont really have any HDMI capable components other than an upconverting pioneer dvd player that I've never used. I have an xbox with component cables and a dvr from comcast using DVI in my current setup. Thanks.
post #1180 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricodemus View Post

I'm supposed to take receipt of my TV this Friday. Its a white glove service from 6ave.com so I imagine I will be able to open it up and test it before the guy takes off. What whould I test with? I dont really have any HDMI capable components other than an upconverting pioneer dvd player that I've never used. I have an xbox with component cables and a dvr from comcast using DVI in my current setup. Thanks.

XBox would work. You'll need a DVI to HDMI converter or component cables to use the Comcast box if it doesn't have HDMI outputs (and use HDMI-3). You can also plug the TV directly into cable without the box and tune to a local channel's HDTV signal. Local channels aren't scrambled. They would likely be whatever the over the air channel number with a -1, -2, etc. as a suffix. For example if your local channel is 5, try 5-1, 5-2, 5-3. It takes a long time for the TV to scan all the channels so you won't have time for that. Also, it if is cold where you live, you probably don't want to turn the TV on right away if it has been in the cold truck for a while. I'd note in the receipt that you were unable to test and let the TV sit for a few hours before turning it on. Good luck, Joe
post #1181 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

Are you seeing geometry issues from the grid pattern or during regular viewing?

I def. see it on the grid pattern. It is noticeable during some viewings. Especially if someones head is up in the right corner of the tv.
post #1182 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for a low cost stand that can hold an 8 x 23 center channel speaker right under the TV as well as receiver, DVD, BD, and DirecTV receiver? $300 or less would be perfect.
post #1183 of 2726 Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:

XBox would work. You'll need a DVI to HDMI converter or component cables to use the Comcast box if it doesn't have HDMI outputs (and use HDMI-3). You can also plug the TV directly into cable without the box and tune to a local channel's HDTV signal. Local channels aren't scrambled. They would likely be whatever the over the air channel number with a -1, -2, etc. as a suffix. For example if your local channel is 5, try 5-1, 5-2, 5-3. It takes a long time for the TV to scan all the channels so you won't have time for that. Also, it if is cold where you live, you probably don't want to turn the TV on right away if it has been in the cold truck for a while. I'd note in the receipt that you were unable to test and let the TV sit for a few hours before turning it on. Good luck, Joe

Thanks Joe. I plan on switching out the Comcast box with a HDMI capable box when I get a chance, but I may even have a converter sitting around and I certainly have component cables. I will probably end up using the HDMI for the comcast box, get a vga cable for the xbox and have the wii on the component. It will be cold here so thanks for the advice, I hope its ok in case something is wrong to sign the delivery paperwork with that disclaimer because I do believe I should let the tv gewt to room temp before I fire it up. I will at least check for no damage.
post #1184 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 AM

Just wanted to give a quick update and again ask for help. I have been trying to determine whether the TV is the source of the noise I am seeing in the picture or whether it is the sources. The best example I have found of the noise is in the Transformers Blu-Ray. It is the scene where the soldiers are in the desert and are attacked by the scorpion robot. There are a number of shots of blue sky behind the soldiers. On my TV, the sky is not a uniform shade of blue but is pixelated with many other colors. On closeup shots of people's faces, particularly the female computer tech, there are similar pixelizations seen but some sparkles. Also, in the scene where the girl asks the robot if he is the tooth fairy her face is very pixelated. I saw all of this on a PS3 and to rule out the player I purchased a Denon 2500 Blu-Ray player last night-same problems seen with the Denon.

Can anyone verify that what I am seeing is present on their sets? I have another week or so before I have to return the set if it's defective. I love the color produced by the set and complex objects like the robot's faces are rendered beautifully. I'd hate to give up on the set prematurely. thanks
post #1185 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdoc View Post

Just wanted to give a quick update and again ask for help. I have been trying to determine whether the TV is the source of the noise I am seeing in the picture or whether it is the sources. The best example I have found of the noise is in the Transformers Blu-Ray. It is the scene where the soldiers are in the desert and are attacked by the scorpion robot. There are a number of shots of blue sky behind the soldiers. On my TV, the sky is not a uniform shade of blue but is pixelated with many other colors. On closeup shots of people's faces, particularly the female computer tech, there are similar pixelizations seen but some sparkles. Also, in the scene where the girl asks the robot if he is the tooth fairy her face is very pixelated. I saw all of this on a PS3 and to rule out the player I purchased a Denon 2500 Blu-Ray player last night-same problems seen with the Denon.

Can anyone verify that what I am seeing is present on their sets? I have another week or so before I have to return the set if it's defective. I love the color produced by the set and complex objects like the robot's faces are rendered beautifully. I'd hate to give up on the set prematurely. thanks

Have you tried a different/new HDMI cable? If not, try that.

Mickey
post #1186 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 05:56 AM

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables from various manufacturers with no difference. As I said, only present when there is a large area of the same color (sky, closeup of face).
post #1187 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricodemus View Post

Thanks Joe. I plan on switching out the Comcast box with a HDMI capable box when I get a chance, but I may even have a converter sitting around and I certainly have component cables. I will probably end up using the HDMI for the comcast box, get a vga cable for the xbox and have the wii on the component. It will be cold here so thanks for the advice, I hope its ok in case something is wrong to sign the delivery paperwork with that disclaimer because I do believe I should let the tv gewt to room temp before I fire it up. I will at least check for no damage.

I ordered my TV from Amazon and they were great. No problem signing the receipt as unable to test. First TV had a scratch on the screen that I didn't notice until I moved the huge shipping box away from the window. That's when the light reflecting off the screen revealed the scratch. Also, HDMI-1 was not working. I called Amazon the next day and they sent a new TV. CEVA crated the old one and delivered the new one at the same time (ordered Saturday and received the following Friday). Amazon was great and I was never without a TV! Only problem now is the second TV still has a bad HDMI-1. What are the odds of that? I tried a new cable and 2 different deviced so I know it's the input. I haven't called Samsung yet because HDMI-2 & 3 work fine. I've been waiting to see if anyone else is having the same problem. I didn't want to call Amazon for another new TV because the geometry is near perfect on this one and I have no bad pixels so I don't want to risk getting a TV that has worse problems. Good luck with the TV. I ordered the Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics [Blu-ray] disk from Amazon. For $17 it is worth it.
post #1188 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 AM

Liked: 14
I don't know if an HDMI input can be easily replaced, but I would contact Samsung instead of returning it to Amazon.
post #1189 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I ordered mine last Friday (23 Jan) and was a little disappointed when Amazon listed the estimated delivery date of 3 Feb. Just got a call from the CEVA this morning that they can deliver it tomorrow between noon and 4pm.

Looks like I'll be watching the Superbowl on 67" of 1080p goodness!
post #1190 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 08:29 AM

I have finally joined the 1080p revolution. I am very happy with the TV, no issues at all to report at this time. Here is a list of my setup, I'll try to add a pic later.

Samsung HL-67A750
Bush VS74962 Stand
Denon AVR-1082
Denon POA-8300
Denon POA-8200
Denon POA-5200 (future expansion if we ever move and I go to 7.1)
Denon 1800BD Blu-Ray Player
Denon CDR-W1500 CD Recorder
Monster HTS 1800 Stage 2 Power
Monster HTS 1000 MKII Power
Comcast DCT3416
Klipsch SUB-12
Klipsch VC-25 Center Channel
Bose Acoustimass 5 - Fronts
Bose Acoustimass 5 - Rears
Bose 301 Series IV - Music listening only
Xbox 360 Elite
Logitech Harmony One

Every connection is either HDMI or optical.

Waiting for the stand and the old TV to be picked up. The wife did not like this stage at all.

The old Sony 57".

In with the new!

My audio equipment.

Not the best pics but they were taken with my iPhone. I'm too busy watching TV to pull out the good camera.
post #1191 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 08:41 AM

Liked: 13
How many hours before you can get ISF'd.
How do you find hours used.

post #1192 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 01:58 PM

I took delivery on my 67" today...It looks great here at home. At bestBuy next to the Mit's it looked darker...I was worried but I listened to this forum and I'm glad I did. Thanks

P.S. I'm not buying the warranty, thanks on that advice also.

Jason
post #1193 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakstone View Post

How many hours before you can get ISF'd.

No time at all. You can have it professionally calibrated as soon as you want.
post #1194 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:

I ordered my TV from Amazon and they were great. No problem signing the receipt as unable to test. First TV had a scratch on the screen that I didn't notice until I moved the huge shipping box away from the window. That's when the light reflecting off the screen revealed the scratch. Also, HDMI-1 was not working. I called Amazon the next day and they sent a new TV. CEVA crated the old one and delivered the new one at the same time (ordered Saturday and received the following Friday). Amazon was great and I was never without a TV! Only problem now is the second TV still has a bad HDMI-1. What are the odds of that? I tried a new cable and 2 different deviced so I know it's the input. I haven't called Samsung yet because HDMI-2 & 3 work fine. I've been waiting to see if anyone else is having the same problem. I didn't want to call Amazon for another new TV because the geometry is near perfect on this one and I have no bad pixels so I don't want to risk getting a TV that has worse problems. Good luck with the TV. I ordered the Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics [Blu-ray] disk from Amazon. For $17 it is worth it.

I find it odd that you would have 2 sets with bad HDMI 1 input...must be something else wrong somewhere.
By the way, how was geometry on the first unit?
post #1195 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:

I find it odd that you would have 2 sets with bad HDMI 1 input...must be something else wrong somewhere.

I find it odd too. I really thought I must be doing something wrong at first but I tried 3 different (and new) HDMI cables, and 2 different devices (a Sony Bluray player and a Samsung HDTV receiver). No combination worked on HDMI-1 but everything works fine on HDMI-2 & 3. Very odd.
post #1196 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:

I find it odd too. I really thought I must be doing something wrong at first but I tried 3 different (and new) HDMI cables, and 2 different devices (a Sony Bluray player and a Samsung HDTV receiver). No combination worked on HDMI-1 but everything works fine on HDMI-2 & 3. Very odd.

I've had 2 different 61A750s and HDMI-1 has worked on both. I have a Motorola cable box connected to HDMI-1 and a Magnavox BD player connected to HDMI-2. That reminds me that I haven't connected my PC to HDMI-3 yet on the 2nd set (I did on the first and it worked).
post #1197 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I never answered your question about the geometry. I'm not sure how it was. I didn't check it.
post #1198 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Got new 67A750 today. Screen went gray after about two hours, like the light is on but no-one's home. Was playing PS3 through HDMI 1. While it worked it looked fantastic. Had it in Movie mode, and I couldn't see needing anything brighter, lit up the whole room. Also watched part of Pirates of the Carribean, looked great, better than a movie theater and without the "documentary feel" of 120Hz LCD's. Unfortunately, after about two hours, just went gray. Tried switching to cable, which through component, get sound, but no picture. Press menu, and nothing comes up on screen. Screen is darker when off. So, the lights work, but no picture. At all. Bummer.

Call Samsung or Amazon? Obviously disappointed, I doubt if it will be fixed in time for the Superbowl.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #1199 of 2726 Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Also, where can I find the manufacture date? I imagine I can't check to see what firmware since it won't come on.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #1200 of 2726 Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

Try pressing and holding the Exit button. That resets everything back to factory defaults.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page