2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 91 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2701 of 2726 Old 11-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hmm links please. Everyone I click on says out of stock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2726 Old 11-11-2013, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=BP44-01001A&_sacat=0&_from=R40
post #2703 of 2726 Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Looks like used boards to me
post #2704 of 2726 Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 PM

Some are guaranteed and Ebay has a guarantee. If you need one and can't find any from a company, either buy a used one or buy a new TV.
post #2705 of 2726 Old 11-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Yeah I think that is Samsungs idea, stop supporting the TV so we have to buy another.

Funny, Samsung agreed to fix my tv under a one time parts and labor warranty. Set me up with a service center to come out to my house which sounded great. About a week later I get a call saying this part is not available and the ticket was cancelled. I talked to Samsung for an hour last night and she told me the only other option was a refund after depreciation...I said ok what I that figure, well turns out they take off 20% yearly so on a 4.5 year old TV the amount was 85 bucks. I said ok that's fine, I will use that towards repair and she said oh no if we send you the money we will come pick up the TV. Ha

I just talked to service center again and they are pursuing replacing all the capacitors on the original ticket instead of replacing the power supply board. Hopefully we can get that done and if that doesn't fix it I will buy a used board or maybe I will go ahead and buy a used board to have on hand. I just hate to trust something that is used.
post #2706 of 2726 Old 11-13-2013, 03:56 PM

A used board that is guaranteed to work is not different than a new one, except its older. If it did not have a bad cap problem there is no reason to believe it will work for 50 years.
I have electronics that are older than 50 years and still working. I have a computer from 1979 that is still working with everything original. Your the first Power supply gone bad I have read on this thread. Many leds and some driver boards but no Power supplies that I have seen. Some people never have problems, some people (me) usually get the bad one. Although my TV so far has been good. My central air went out 5 days after the 10 year warrenty. Cost $450 for repair. One thing you can do is put a UPS power supply on the TV. I have one on all my electronics. Prevents spikes and brown outs and voltage variations which can kill electronics.
post #2707 of 2726 Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM

Contact customer service at Andrews Electronics. They might have it. It's worth a shot. All the parts I researched were available from them. When I ordered from Bestbuy parts thats where they came from.

post #2708 of 2726 Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Well wasn't the settlement they had on a big batch of TVs made in this time frame due to the bad capacitors? Mine click and clicks taking 5-10 minutes to kick on. Occasionally it comes on after that and the pic is all red. I'm assuming just the capacitors are bad so just need to replace them and not whole board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
post #2709 of 2726 Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 PM

I love my 67A750 but thinking down the line, someday I would like a bigger screen. My question is has anyone seen a LCD with as good a picture in sizes above 67". Thinking like 70" to 80" under $2500
post #2710 of 2726 Old 11-24-2013, 11:50 AM

I'm new to this forum, but I have a unique problem with my Samsung HL67A750 DLP. As of yesterday the TV will not turn off either with the remote or at the TV. In addition, i can't access the menu or any other functions other than the volume form the remote or panel. I have to actually unplug the unit from the outlet to turn it off. I'm thinking some type of relay or the main board, but I'm not sure. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks.
post #2711 of 2726 Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Well good news from Samsung, they are actually sending me a refurbished model to replace my TV for no charge.

UN65ES6500FXZA is themodel they are sending, looks like a 2012 model led lcd....Got to say I am pretty pleased with the help I received from Samsung!
post #2712 of 2726 Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tx View Post

Well good news from Samsung, they are actually sending me a refurbished model to replace my TV for no charge.

UN65ES6500FXZA is themodel they are sending, looks like a 2012 model led lcd....Got to say I am pretty pleased with the help I received from Samsung!

It doesn't get much better than that...great news.
post #2713 of 2726 Old 11-28-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta111 View Post

I'm new to this forum, but I have a unique problem with my Samsung HL67A750 DLP. As of yesterday the TV will not turn off either with the remote or at the TV. In addition, i can't access the menu or any other functions other than the volume form the remote or panel. I have to actually unplug the unit from the outlet to turn it off. I'm thinking some type of relay or the main board, but I'm not sure. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks.

I had this same problem a few months ago. Called service and they came to look at it. I disconnected the unit and pulled it out from the wall so the service guy could get to the rear. When he arrived, he turned it on and then off. No problem. I felt like an idiot. He said I should keep an eye on it and call him again if it starts doing it again. Sure, why not pay the guy $110 bucks for doing nothing.
Put everything back together and hooked up. It worked for about 3 days, then I could not turn it off again. Didn't want to call the guy back so soon, so I just hooked the unit up to a switched outlet and turned it on and off with that.
Soon afterward, I was having problems with my STB/DVR not recording the correct channels. I would set it to record a certain program, and instead it would record the last channel I was watching when I last had the unit on. So, I took my STB/DVR to the cable company and exchanged for a new one. Got home and set it back up. While setting it up, I disconnected the powered switch. Well, now it was working again after I set up the new STB. It has continued to work for several months now. So, to make a long story short, the best way to check on your set is to disconnect everything from all the inputs and outputs, then power off (disconnect from power). Plug set back in and turn it on. Now see if it turns off. If you have a problem like I had, it should work now. That would mean that one of your inputs might be bad, like the STB if you have one, or maybe something else. Hope this helps.
post #2714 of 2726 Old 11-29-2013, 01:32 PM

Hi everyone, I have this set, and recently a white bar has appeared at the upper and lower parts of the screen. This isn't the white dot issue, but it looks like a flashlight is being shown oh the screen and is only visible during dark scenes and when switching between inputs. Does anyone know what this is?
post #2715 of 2726 Old 12-24-2013, 07:35 AM

i have had this problem since I have owned. When switching to PC DVI the screen is all snow have to turn set off and back on or unplug hdmi cable. Is there a fix for this?
post #2716 of 2726 Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tx View Post

Well I got the new TV today as a direct swap. Very impressed again with customer service. I would recommend anyone that is needing A++ service to contact the office of the president at Samsung.

See information to contacts on both links below.

Good Luck.

https://contactus.samsung.com/custom...ROD_ID=G303850

http://elliott.org/contacts/samsung-...s-corporation/
post #2717 of 2726 Old 12-30-2013, 09:10 AM

My 3D how-to........

I sure have enjoyed my HL67A750! I hope it lives until 4k OLED in large sizes get into my price range!

I know 3D and these sets have been covered but I ran into a few hiccups when I finally set mine up so thought I would post the information.

Associated equipment:
- Monoprice dlink glasses - http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090903&p_id=9459&seq=1&format=2
- Panasonic BDP500 blu ray - http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMP-BDT500
- Pioneer VSX-1123 - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1123-K

Connections
- Connect the HDMI Sub out from BD to AVR BD IN.
- Connect the HDMI main out from BD to HDMI 3 on TV
- Set V.Off in the HDMI settings on the BD
- Select the checkerboard option in 3D settings on the BD
- Turn 3D effect on in the video settings on TV using Mode 2

That is basically it! No ghosting or crosstalk and the glasses did not once loose sync. One of the best 3D images I have seen. I was worried about it being too dark (set has been calibrated) but it really isn't. I tried Dynamic picture option on the TV just to see the difference but it was too bright for my tastes.

Couple problems I ran into:
- for some reason passthrough on the AVR was not working so the 3D effect on the TV was always greyed out. Hence the connection direct to the display
- without setting the BD to V.Off all I got out of the BD HDMI Sub was downconverted Stereo (yuck!). With V.Off back to full lossless.
post #2718 of 2726 Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've had this TV for over five years. No problems at all. However, I've moved on to front projectors, and I'm giving this Samsung 67" to a relative.

The packaging was removed when it was delivered.

I will be moving it with a pickup truck. I don't see a good way to transport it vertically.

Is there any problem in laying it flat on a well padded surface (several layers of corrugated cardboard and blankets) in the truck bed?

Thanks for any comments.
post #2719 of 2726 Old 03-15-2014, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am looking at adding side speakers to my 67A750 in oder to improve the sound quality. I have two piano black KEF speakers that are 24" tall and very slim and match up perfectly with the Samsung. I can either mount them on pedestals or try to attach them to the sides of the Samsung where they would fit perfectly. Is there a mounting device that would make that possible? Has anyone tried this? I noticed that there are two cabinet screws on the side that could serve as a way to mount the mounting(attachment) device that the speaker would attach to. It looks like a DIY(Do it Yourself) situation and I'm hoping someone has done this already.

Also, in order to drive the speakers I must use an external amplifier, right. I could not find any speaker terminals on the back control panel.

Jack
post #2720 of 2726 Old 05-15-2014, 06:36 PM

Found an updated service manual link for anyone that needs it:

http://www.epanorama.net/sff/Video/Products/SAMSUNG%20HL67A750.pdf

Also, I'm having two issues with my 67a750.

First one is I've got a slight shadow on the left edge of the screen that goes from top to bottom and is about 1 or 2 inches deep. From my reading people have described this as something to do with light tunnel. I also remember reading how to possibly fix this myself, but I can't seem to find the guide/post or thread about doing so Does anyone have a link for that info?

Here's a pic from another post... my issue again isn't nearly as bad, but very similar to this:

Secondly, I blew out some dust the other day and now have a slight "light distortion" now... Here's a pic from another thread...

My issues isn't nearly as bad, but I do have two overlapping circles towards the far lower right of the screen... again... only two circles... not the hundreds in the photo.

Any tips on correcting this issue as well? I've already ensured that the mirrors and lens are clean and are not the issue so the problem lies on the inside of the lens or deeper... and since this started just after blowing out some dust I suspect it's a dust issue or I blew something lose.

Thanks

TK
post #2721 of 2726 Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 PM

I've had my HL67A750 since about 2008.  It has worked great. I have never replaced anything or had any issues...until today.

I come home and hit the power button.  I hear the Samsung jingle as if it is starting.  The green "LED" light flashes and then the T.V. reboots.  The T.V. never shows a picture.  I took the boards out today thinking it could be a bad cap but I did not see any bulges or otherwise.  The manual did not show any error with only a blinking "LED".

Before I order some new parts does anyone know what the problem could be?

post #2722 of 2726 Old 06-04-2014, 02:14 PM

UPDATE - I ordered the  P-SMPS - BP96-01726B from Best Buy Parts for $58 shipped.  Put it in and now my TV works again!

BP96-01726B

jennis2613 likes this.
post #2723 of 2726 Old 06-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Awesome!

Knock on wood - mine is running trouble free since 2008!
post #2724 of 2726 Old 06-04-2014, 09:05 PM

I purchased mine in 2009.  1600 hours on her.

post #2725 of 2726 Old 06-05-2014, 07:00 AM

I'm right around the same number. Love the set for 3D gaming on my PC, PS3, & PS4 too!
post #2726 of 2726 Old 07-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Question Marketable?

I've had mine since 2009 and it has performed perfectly. I even had an excellent Sammy tech come by recently to clean the optics. You'd be surprised how dusty and dirty the glass surfaces inside can get after 5 years. The picture is still gorgeous and only looks brighter and sharper after the cleaning!

In any case, I am rearranging my living room with new furniture and unfortunately, this set just won't fit. I'm upgrading to a flat-panel display that I can wall-mount that will fit my new room layout much better. As much as I hate to do it, I need to get rid of and hopefully sell the HL67A750 for a fair price.

This is NOT a classified ad, but I am wondering what the consensus is as far as whether there is any market for this set (used but perfect) and if so, what kind of reasonable price (ballpark) should I ask?

I'd really appreciate any comments y'all might have. Thanks!

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
---- Arthur C. Clarke's 3rd law

Last edited by JaySound55; 07-10-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page