2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #2731 of 2735 Old 09-19-2014, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
You can probably just lubricate the fan. I did two of mine in my Samsung HL67A750 while I was in there replacing the DLP chip. I have done this on my desktop PC fans quite a few times and it really helps. It is very easy to do.

There is a Youtube 'how to' video on lubricating a fan but I don't have enough posts to include it. A quick YouTube search will bring up quite a few videos on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2735 Old 12-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Liked: 10
I've had mine since 2008 and about two weeks ago noticed a white dot just above-right of center. Googled a bit and learned about the DMD chip failure issue. By the time I called Samsung support last Thursday I had three white dots. Over the weekend two more appeared. Samsung authorized a replacement for the DMD chip with me paying only for labor costs (~$200). Actually it's more complicated than that one rep said it was authorized but forgot to give me a service transaction number, and when I called back to get a service transaction number, the next (VERY rude) rep said my TV was not covered. I called back today and escalated just to figure out which was the case and they verified that it's covered for a one-time replacement. The part is ordered and should be installed by the authorized service center soon.

I've also had two of my three HDMI inputs go out. Only HDMI3 works now. The other two show "Mode Not Supported". I'm using HDMI switching on my receiver so it's not a big thing, but I am concerned that the third will go out and I'll either have to pay for more repairs or break down and get another screen.

It's been a good TV and I'm pleased that Samsung is actually covering a significant portion of the repair on a six year old screen, but I am disappointed with what now seems to be three failed components.
post #2733 of 2735 Old 12-08-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since mine had one bad pixtal last month and still only 1 and its at the very edge, I'm not going to order a new one until I start seeing more. The chip cost less than the install.
post #2734 of 2735 Old 12-10-2014, 12:12 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Sytsma View Post
First minor hiccup- Fan #2 is becoming noisy. Tried looking for a part number/replacement fan with no luck. Can anyone point me to the right one?

Thanks
Same here with mine. Lubed the original fan but it still made a little noise. I hooked up a nice 60mm ball bearing pc case fan to it, but it started giving me the fan error message. Looked for a new fan but can't seem to find one.

Can anyone point me to a place I can order a new one from?
post #2735 of 2735 Unread Today, 04:33 AM

Liked: 12
Unhappy 1st White Dot appeared last Friday, after 6 years of ownership.

Of course, it had to show up nearly dead-center onscreen. Very distracting , to say the least .
Ordered the DMD chip from ShopJimmy, along with an installation kit.
Will tackle it this week. Wish me luck.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated .
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung Hl67a750 67 Inch 1080p Led Powered Dlp Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page