AVS Forum banner

2008 Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP owners thread

495K views 3K replies 615 participants last post by  stanman2242 
#1 ·
Starting a new thread for owners (like me) of this TV.

What stand did you pair with this unit?

What dvd/blueray player did you pair?

What receiver did you pair with it?

What are your movie settings?

anything else you want to discuss.

#4 ·
Yeah, I would HIGHLY recommend we keep one thread on these LED TV's, as there is just not enough difference between them to warrant a separate thread. I think we will get much better information and participation with one thread, and it will all be in one place. I'm certainly willing to add any 67" specific information anyone wants.

Reactions: avshtpcbob
#6 ·
Just got this late last week and I'm very pleased

What stand did you pair with this unit? Techcraft PTV583B Monaco Series TV Stand

What dvd/blueray player did you pair? Playstation 3, figured it was about the same price as a standalone player and we can play games

What receiver did you pair with it? Direct TV HR20-700

What are your movie settings? Have not explored this.

The TV this replaced was a 4-year old 52 " Toshiba DLP which we had always been happy with but really galled us to shell out another $150/year for a new bulb. So the goal here was to get a larger screen and out from under the yearly bulb expense. Got so much more...............The LED light source is bright but not glaring. The 1080p for the Hi-def DVD's is just spectacular, as good as being in a theater.

We are very pleased with the decision. I think Samsung should get serious about mounting a campaign to market these LED DLP's as an economical alternative to LCD's. We have always preferred the DLP picture, I like the matte screen but, on top of that, I don't feel we have given up anything................this is just great

#7 ·
My experiences with the 67A750 were that is was slightly smaller than the 70" LCD I had, but the colours were dead-on, even with my 8300HD DVR, Panasonic BD10A Blu-ray player and even standard DVDs.

Menus were easy to get at and I preferred using the brightest setting due to the light the room got ("Dynamic" should be the term), for this size of set.

Best Buy has a stand that fits it well, at 63" wide, that matches its all black glossy exterior.

#8 ·
Just picked up my 67 inch from Circuit City for $2,229.00 with no tax. Sales price plus a one day suspension of California sale's tax. I didn't want to wait for Internet shipment. Coming from a Sony RP 65 inch 12 year old unit, this baby is beyond description. The viewing angle is perect for my room setup. No drop off as it is in a corner facing out. I am just beginning to read manual and am in the discovery mode. I am not a button pusher until I read and comprehend the manual. My main viewing is sports and this unit is beyond superb. Why pay more money for a LCD/Plasma 50 inch. This truly is more bang for your buck. The LCD/Plasma is a trend. All I wanted was great picture and as big as my money would take me. Bingo, the 67 inch Sammy. I couldn't care less how the picture is delivered. Just give it to me and give it big. I can't believe how people will pay more money for a 46 inch Sony Bravia. I don't get it. Hip hip hooray, Samsung. This unit is HOT!!!!!!

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzad /forum/post/13999897

Wouldn't it be better to have the 61" and 67" together? They are the same TV only different sizes.

But to answer your questions.

What stand did you pair with this unit? Omnimount G372

PS3, BD30, and BD50

What receiver did you pair with it? Denon 3808, TiVoHD, two Series 3 TiVos, and a FIOS HD STB

What are your movie settings? No idea right now. I'm getting it professionally calibrated in a couple of weeks.

#11 ·
What stand did you pair with this unit? I am thinking of getting the Omnimount Moda series for 65 inch DLPs

What dvd/blueray player did you pair? I will get the sony s550 when it comes out.

What receiver did you pair with it? I am in the process of buying the denon avr-988 (same as avr-2808ci). This model is discontinued and can be had for an excellent price.

What are your movie settings? N/A

#12 ·
Just purchased a 67" Samsung HL67A750. Great PQ, but have noticed that the screen brightness changes as you move eyes/head up and down. Had a 50" Panasonic DLP and did not have this issue. We sit directly in front of TV about 8-8.5 feet from screen. TV is set on Movie, with Low LED.

#13 ·
OK just waiting until my poorly designed HP6580N DLP goes so I can buy this! Question to those that have this tv is how well the picture looks compared to LCD. I don't like the looks of the LCD on the big sammys so I'm really interested in this tv. If anyone can spare some more knowledge on the goods and bads so far please do. Bye the way, is this a matt finish or glossy? Don't like glossy since it shows dust more. Thanks.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 /forum/post/14513292

sammy 67" no good for gaming?

when i play call of duty 4 and i am running or turn around real fast i see motion artifacts,kind of like little rainbows,motion blur etc.

anyone seen this?

I have no problem with mine. Like the other DLPS I've owned it has been excellent for gaming.

#19 ·
I have had this set for two weeks and it is amazing. Then last weekend after a movie a loud fan turned on in the TV. We sit 15 feet away and still had to turn up the volume to drowned out the noise. The TV is out in the open with good air flow.

Does anyone else also get the fan noise after an hour of so?

#20 ·
Experience the greatest thrills of full 1080p HD. Energy-efficient third-generation LED-based Samsung HL67A750 DLP offers a picture that's up to 40 percent brighter than lamp-based models. The LED backlight means there's no internal lamp replacement necessary. Add an improved power consumption rating, and you've got an environmentally friendly DLP TV.

The large 67″ DLP screen is housed in a sleek piano black cabinet, with a slim depth that fits where others won't. Samsung's CinemaPure 120Hz color engine offers unprecedented image clarity, detail, and smoothness. Amazing 3D capabilities let you enjoy 3D movies and games to the fullest.

Connecting your HD Bluray, HD cable, or HD satellite is easy with 3 HDMI inputs that will minimize picture and audio performance and minimize cables and wires. And the Wiselink USB 2.0 input lets you connect your digital camera or MP3 player, for quick access to pictures and playlists from your remote control.

Three High Definition Mutlimedia Interface (HDMI) connections make your DLP HDTV a multimedia centerpiece. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components using the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops.

The Series 7 DLP TV comes equipped with Samsung's CinemaPure LED color engine that lasts the life of the TV. So incredibly long lasting, it goes dark only when you turn it off. Under average viewing conditions, 60,000 hours works out to over 13 years.

The image brightness and color will not diminish either. A built-in light sensor with beam current feedback ensures stable light output over the life of the TV. This spares you the inconvenience and expense of having to replace costly lamps. And since the light source is LED-based, virtually no warm-up time is needed. The picture appears within seconds and with full brighness.

Now television is more immersive than ever. The HL67A750 is 3D-enabled, making you feel like you're part of the action. Samsung's 3D-enabled HDTVs, which play at 120 frames per second, deliver two separate streams of 3D video; one to the left eye, the other to the right. This syncs up with active glasses, which alternate images between the two eyes at a speed of 120th of a second, so you enjoy 3D video without any distracting flicker.

These groundbreaking 3D capabilities work in conjunction with the TriDef 3D experience to produce images that leap off the screen. This includes the software, which must be installed on a connected PC, along with a pair of active glasses.

#24 ·
what resolution /settings are you using?

I have a GS7600 video card - I've connected either RGB or HDMI and I'm not happy with the font sizing - maybe i'm too old, but at 1920x1080 the colors are great, but the fonts are too hard to see - ihave to increase magnification to 125 or 150, but then the fonts sometimes overlap one another. If i go with a lower screen resolution, the objects are too close to the screen. Is it time for a new graphics card or is there something better that i can do?

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzad /forum/post/13999897

1. Stand is Slam Brands Ariel Stand. Not the sexiest stand, but height, sturdiness, and shelf room are good for what I need.

2. Sony Playstation 3

3. Stone-Age RCA HTIB whose sound still competes with many high-end set ups today.

4. I watch all movies on Standard mode....movie mode is way too dark. All of my settings are defaulted expect for LED at Medium and Flesh Tone +5.