Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieSooner View Post

Or buy a PS3 for $200.
You fail.

Again, talk is that the component won't even be needed because BR players and the PS3 even, might support the checkerboard output with no converter box needed.

$300 for glasses, $200 for a device = $500 for 3D.

It's half of your ridiculous $925 price, and it's a third of your $1500 kit.

You can BS some stupid customers in Best Buy- but not here.

if the device converts to checkerboard, then you are correct. if it does not convert to checkerboard then the other guy may be correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folgersnyourcup View Post

PS3 for 200? Where?

Not retail.
You can buy a 2-3 week old PS3 for $200 easily... I even saw one with a 3 year SquareTrade warranty for that price.

Nobody wants PS3s now that BR players are cheaper... You can buy new ones at much less than retail nowadays, too ($250).
Kindof surprising that Sony is willing to continue losing so much money in that market, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohnMD View Post

if the device converts to checkerboard, then you are correct. if it does not convert to checkerboard then the other guy may be correct.

Even if it doesn't, the adapter is just $200. My amount is now up to $700, a far cry from the $1500 ripoff they're trying to sell.

But regardless, there's talk of PS3's outputting the checkerboard format (It'd be kindof stupid for Sony not to do it... It'd be another selling point for the PS3)

Panasonic also announced upcoming BR Players that will output checkerboard as well.
post #33 of 46 Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:

Nobody wants PS3s now that BR players are cheaper...

I don't play video games so I don't personally have an opinion on this, but saying that nobody wants PS3's now is nonsense. I work at Best Buy and we cannot keep PS3's in stock. My store receives weekly shipments of 40-50 plus and we sell out either the same day or the day after. I work in the television department and deal with a lot of customers who end up waiting until we get a PS3 in stock instead of purchasing a Samsung or Sony standalone Blu-Ray player with built in wi-fi, both retailing at 249.99.

I am curious to see the first review of just how Mitsubishi DLP sets handle
3D through the forthcoming adapter. In my opinion, the Panasonic 50VT25 display we have in-store blows the Samsung LED away. The ghosting on the Samsung LED to my eyes is very bad.
post #34 of 46 Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Just look at Ebay, dude.
People are selling brand new PS3s at a loss... That equates to the fact that nobody (IE: the "majority") is willing to buy them.
post #35 of 46 Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Now, like I said... If Sony were to checkerboard the PS3... That'd give me incentive to buy one. Like I said: They'd be kindof stupid not to do it... Because it gives people like me another reason to buy them.

For gaming, the PS3 sucks. Which is really quite sad IMO... And also why (again- like I originally said), when BluRay prices dropped, the market for PS3s took a hit... Suddenly the #1 selling point of the PS3 (cheaper BluRay) is suddenly gone. Which pits it more directly to the 360 (gaming purposes), and most people won't argue the 360 has a much better library and online gaming community.
post #36 of 46 Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:

$1500? lol you have to be kidding me.
Maybe there's some suckers that will buy that, but there is already talk of $200 BluRay players that won't need any extra equipment for the Mits, just the glasses. $500 max for that and a few pairs of glasses.

Just buying a 3D Blu-ray player and glasses might be cheaper...but it won't turn 2D movies and 2D video games into 3D...like those bundles will....hence the price.

I actually think the pricing isn't that bad...considering I'd be able to watch all my standard dvds and 360 games in 3D.

If ya think about it, buying just a 3D Blu-ray player and glasses is the ripoff, cause your paying 500 dollars to watch ONLY 3D Blu-rays...which there aren't hardly any available yet. But pay 1500, and you've got your entire 2D library of dvd's and video games now in 3D.

I think I'm gonna buy a bundle soon! I want EVERYTHING in 3D!

Just look at your DVD library, then just try to tell me there aren't MANY titles you'd LOVE to watch in 3D.
post #37 of 46 Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 AM

How well will it "convert" a 2D source into 3D?

Shotty, at best.

If it were that easy, than we'd be seeing more movies in 3D.

Example: Clash of the Titans wasn't filmed with the intent of being shown in 3D. Come release time though, and after Avatar, they realized it might be a money-maker. So they, as well, "converted" it to 3D and it looks like $hit in 3D. It was even more distracting than just showing it in the good 2D.
post #38 of 46 Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM

Toy Story 1 and 2 weren't intended for 3D, but yet they were converted and re-released in theaters in 3D...and turned out great.

So just because Clash of the Titans 3D didn't "wow" people, doesn't mean other 2D movies won't either.

To be honest, we really wouldn't know which 2D movies will convert great and which will be crap...and I certainly wouldn't expect to install the player and have everything look as good as Avatar 3D.

I'm one of those "glass half full" people...so I'd like to think that it works to the point where I'd be happy with the purchase.

The first 2D I'd try would be movies like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, etc...tons of SciFi stuff.

I need to give them a call, cause I'd like to know if their system can turn 2D Blu Ray into 3D. And, if so, is their player capable of knowing to convert 2D Blu Ray to 3D, but not attempt to convert a 3D Blu Ray....since it's already in 3D.

And, I'd sure like to know how my 360 connects to their player to turn those games into 3D.

The back of their player must be filled with inputs and outputs...unfortunately, their website doesn't show any rear pictures of their players.
post #39 of 46 Old 05-10-2010, 01:26 PM

I'd definately say you're being optimistic about it... I won't hold high-hopes for that thing.
A cartoon is a bit different than the kind of animation we see in Avatar, when talking about 3D.

These studios spend many man-hours converting films professionally into 3D. And still look like crap to one designed with 3D in mind from the get-go. I don't think you'll get that in an on-the-fly software solution at all.
post #40 of 46 Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickalotapus420 View Post

Toy Story 1 and 2 weren't intended for 3D, but yet they were converted and re-released in theaters in 3D...and turned out great.

So just because Clash of the Titans 3D didn't "wow" people, doesn't mean other 2D movies won't either.

To be honest, we really wouldn't know which 2D movies will convert great and which will be crap...

Apples and oranges. The Toy Stories are computer generated. The computer modeling is done in 3D internally, not because they want to release the movie in 3D, just because that is how they do things like give things perspective, apply lighting, give the textures depth, etc. It's relatively easy to re-release a CG movie in 3D, because the the "3rd dimension" is already stored in the original data.

My dual Rythmik Servo sub project (actually quad now, need to update page)
HDM format neutral thanks to the pricing wars of the '07 xmas shopping season :)
post #41 of 46 Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPTECH1 View Post

To get 3D, you need glasses and a "source". At Aspen Media, we created a bundle for mitsubishi owners that gives you
-2D to 3D conversion of DVD's
-3D Blu-ray
-Sensio 3D Movies
-3D Gaming
-2D Blu-ray
-View your digital photos in 3D
-google earth, bing virtual earth in 3D
-Broadcast TV streams in 3D (for example, the masters was streamed in 3D and our player converted it for Mitsubishi customers)

all this is bundled into one package, at http://www.aspenmediaproducts.com

Thank you

It's been awhile since this thread has moved...I haven't forgotten about your products. Does your Blu Ray player also convert 2D Blu Ray to 3D?
post #42 of 46 Old 11-26-2010, 07:35 PM

Watch jaw-dropping action leap off the screen with Mitsubishi 65-inch 1080p 3D Home Cinema TV. With 3D Ready technology the 65-inch screen delivers incredible picture performance at an exceptional value, and ... Full Description
Market Value1 $1,499.00

Instant Savings $749.01

Dell Price $749.99

Usually Ships: Within 24 Hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manufacturer Part# : WD-65C10 | Dell Part# : A4186751
post #43 of 46 Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My wd-65735 HD picture is perfect. Blu-ray movies @ 1080P are solid. Added MITS 3D adapter and Panasonic 3D -350 player, XpanD102 & 103 shutter glasses, 3D DVD movies are excellent. ( I have all released as of this date). Time Warner 3D content is now available for $4 a pop. I paid $550 for WD-65735, (person downsizing their TV), $99 for MITS adapter, +1.4 hdmi cables. I have little invested and almost bought a new 3DTV.
3D demo's Panasonic, Samsung,Disney warm up friends and relatives to 3D now.
post #44 of 46 Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 AM

I have the 82738 Mitsubishi 3d tv but I cannot seem to find good info on what are good rechargeable glasses. Do you have any recommendations on models that I should get? Also, do I need the infared emitter, or are just the glasses ok? Do I need the starter package for the converter encoder?

Sorry for all the q's but I have searched for hours and cannot seem to find any solid, good answers.
post #45 of 46 Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 PM

Will DLP 3d glasses work on mitsubishi rear projection tv's
post #46 of 46 Old 09-17-2012, 04:32 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Do you mean "DLP Link" 3D glasses - there is no such thing as DLP 3D glasses. Yes "DLP Link" 3D glasses work with all Mitsbushi 3D and 3D Ready DLP rear projection TVs. However not all DLP Rear projection are 3D Ready or 3D TVs.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page