EZ FIX 4 kdsr50xbr1 4 BLINKING LIGHTS FAN READ!!! - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No Fan Either

Ok so im pretty experienced with fixing electronics. I recently bought this Playstion TV on craigs and when I went to go see if it worked before i bought it it did. Took it home and it was working great. Ran into the same issue with the blinking red lights. As i'm following the instructions I opened up the back of the TV. Looked at the lower left of the tv, the lower right like 7 times. Did not see a fan anywhere. I wish a pic can be takin to see where it is cause it just seems as if there is no fan in mine. Hope to hear from someone soon!!!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Sanchez View Post
Ok so im pretty experienced with fixing electronics. I recently bought this Playstion TV on craigs and when I went to go see if it worked before i bought it it did. Took it home and it was working great. Ran into the same issue with the blinking red lights. As i'm following the instructions I opened up the back of the TV. Looked at the lower left of the tv, the lower right like 7 times. Did not see a fan anywhere. I wish a pic can be takin to see where it is cause it just seems as if there is no fan in mine. Hope to hear from someone soon!!!! Thanks!
See this post I made in the "Official 2005 Sony KDSR-50/60XBR1 Owner's Thread"

Official 2005 Sony KDSR-50/60XBR1 SXRD Owner's Thread

In it you will find a link to the service manual as well as where to find the fan.

George C.

OB replaced on 9-27-2007
Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tried cleaning the fan as sugested and I have to say thank you .
Old 11-17-2014, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just sprayed a tiny amount on the spindle and wiped it with a clean paper towel.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXRUPPR View Post
Is your Sony shutting itself off and blinking the red led 4 times? Guess what? It's the fan...<br><br>
Don't waste your money buying a new one, I have the absolute easy fix:<br><br>
This is a fan issue, most likely the large fan in the rear, lower left (from the back)...<br><br>
Here's the fix, I promise, it's EASY........<br><br><br>
Ok, I think I have the answer for the BIG FAN failure. I recently did a similar fix on the spindle of an xbox 360 and it is identical. Ok, this is an EXTREMELY EASY FIX...<br><br>
Open the back of the tv, locate the large fan (on the lower left on the back of the set.) unscrew the screen and remove the fan.<br><br>
Once the fan is removed, you will see the side with the model number and the other side is totally open.<br><br>
On the open side, pull...<br><br>
The fan will come off, into your hand, it is only held by magnets...<br><br>
You will notice a spindle on the fan and the other side has the magnets and the hole where the spindle came from (this is the fan motor).<br><br>
Clean both the spindle and the hole (motor) with a q-tip. The hole is smaller than the q-tip, but do the best you can to remove the old lubricant.<br><br>
Get a bit of WD40 and lubricate the spindle and spray a touch in the hole.<br><br>
Put them together, reconnect your fan, test it on start up and thank me...lol...<br><br>
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!<br><br>
IT WORKS, TRUST ME...
This works great. I scheduled a tv repairman for $99 plus costs etc. - but I had to wait 2 days. Instead I fixed it myself. I followed the instructions above, and also watched a youtube video. I had the original fan model Airflex and had trouble getting it apart (I was trying to get it apart while it was still connected to the tv). After watching video I disconnected the fan from the tv, and had a much easier time getting it apart. Followed instructions and have my tv back. I also ordered a sony replacement fan from amazon.

I have a background in theoretical physics, and I am totally worthless mechanically so I was reluctant to open tv. I am also a professional poker player so I decided to gamble. Thanks for the info.

Mark Weitzman