Forum Jump: 

post #841 of 846 Old 01-11-2014, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiprisoldi View Post

Do you have the manual that shows where and how to replace the chip?

I have the same problem now, Samsung won't replace so I ordered chip now getting ready to install it. Any help would be great.

Did you try the link on page 22:

post #633

I didn't download it, so I am not sure if the manuals are still there. What is the model of your TV?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 846 Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 AM

Model # HL61A750A1F

post #843 of 846 Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any info for your model. There are a couple of videos on youtube that take you through the general process. They are not of your specific model, but maybe it will help give you an idea of what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeIOwN1CIp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBz3TanJv0Q

post #844 of 846 Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoProbalo View Post

Hey gang,

I have an HLT6756WX/XAA model PF01 I purchased in 2008 as well and it just started going "white and black dots" a few weeks ago, getting progressively worse.  I was already starting to freak out and decide whether or not it was worth it to replace the board myself, especially given I have 7300 hours on the bulb and who knows how long those things last or get a new TV.

I stumbled across this forum and this forum on cnet http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-560523/samsung-dlp-white-dots-fix/  and decided to give it a try.

Called the 1-800-Samsung number this AM and they scheduled a service call free of charge (unless there are other things wrong) for a one-time replacement of the DMD chip.

My faith in humanity is restored.

The guy that Samsung contracted came out and replaced my board free of charge today!!  But the only bummer is that he told me that Samsung will not be fixing this problem after February 1st, 2014 so if you have this problem, call it in ASAP!

post #845 of 846 Old 01-26-2014, 04:22 AM

Hi. I was given a Samsung tv model code HLS5086WX/XAA yesterday. One of my neighbors offered it to me as they were taking it to the trash. I figured, couldn't hurt to see if it worked. Of course I wasn't surprised when I hooked it up and it partially worked...because when I turned it on it has a zillion white dots, but was able to get a picture. I have been without a tv for a few years, and I figured it was a pixel issue and googled it. I ended up chatting with Samsung. They said that they would send someone to my home (which is great because I am homebound due to cancer recovery), and that they would do a one time courtesy fix if it was the DMD chip. If it was something else they would give me an estimate and I would have to pay for a trip fee. I haven't spoken to the company that will coming yet, as I just put in the service request, but it sounds to me from all the previous posts, that this will fix the problem. And @NoProbalo has made me feel better about making this call and that there will be no charges. I can see a picture and it looks great...it is just under a ton of white spots. I will keep everyone posted if this fixes the problem, as I see that my particular model is the majority of the complaints/issue. I am also glad to see that @NoProbalo also informed us of the fact that Samsung will not be fixing this problem after February 1st. Glad I decided to make the call before this.

Thank you to everyone for all the GREAT information, it has been very helpful.:)

post #846 of 846 Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have the same white and black dot issue with a Samsung HL61A750A1F that is about six years old. I tried the live chat on Samsung's website after the "executive customer service" number took me to an Allstate motor club. Got nowhere with "Arnold" on live chat. They told me that it is a common issue due to wear and tear. Initially the salesman told me this TV would last 20+ years because of the high-reliability LEDs and solid-state parts. Very disappointed with Samsung - they just lost a customer! I'm going to have to replace the chip myself, but I hate having to spend another $200 on this TV to keep it going.

Check out my build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page