Official LaserVue Owners thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 2697 Old 04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
TMSKILZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NyC
Posts: 991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called up Mitsubishi tonight to inquire info about the Laservue, specifically it's PC capabilities. Was transferred over to their Laservue dept & spoke w/ a person, he was very patient in answering several of my questions.

Interestling enough I asked about the 73'' model. was told the following:

1) 3D capable, but didn't say whether it was 3D built in or 3D ready requiring 3D package sold separately as is the case w/ the L65A90. Speaking of which he mentioned the current Laservue uses a checkerboard design for the 3D, but that Mitsubishi is working w/ other 3rd party Co's for options for consumer, in which he said the 73'' Laservue would more than likely sport a non-checkerboard solution for 3D.

2) Internet access & feature such as VUDU

3) New model not same as L65A90

4) Asked for pricing but was told no info currently available on that.

So take that for what it's worth, maybe Laservue isn't completely dead after all?

GO SPURS! GO COWBOYS!
TMSKILZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 2697 Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
paul416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSKILZ View Post

I called up Mitsubishi tonight to inquire info about the Laservue, specifically it's PC capabilities. Was transferred over to their Laservue dept & spoke w/ a person, he was very patient in answering several of my questions.

Interestling enough I asked about the 73'' model. was told the following:

1) 3D capable, but didn't say whether it was 3D built in or 3D ready requiring 3D package sold separately as is the case w/ the L65A90. Speaking of which he mentioned the current Laservue uses a checkerboard design for the 3D, but that Mitsubishi is working w/ other 3rd party Co's for options for consumer, in which he said the 73'' Laservue would more than likely sport a non-checkerboard solution for 3D.

2) Internet access & feature such as VUDU

3) New model not same as L65A90

4) Asked for pricing but was told no info currently available on that.

So take that for what it's worth, maybe Laservue isn't completely dead after all?

First, KUDOS to you since you got more info about LV in one call than MITS has put out in the last six months. This company should be trying to build some excitement about LV if they intend on continuing with it. As is is now, many possible consumers have just moved on.
paul416 is offline  
post #273 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
G.B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MIDWEST
Posts: 1,017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul416 View Post

First, KUDOS to you since you got more info about LV in one call than MITS has put out in the last six months. This company should be trying to build some excitement about LV if they intend on continuing with it. As is is now, many possible consumers have just moved on.

If it is the same old Mits company ? I sold HD ready sets. Mits bent over backwards to help each customer at a very lo price to make the set Do HD. Well good enough that My customers come back & told Me the Next Set they buy will be a Mits... Did Mits sell the LV 3 D ready ?
G.B. is offline  
post #274 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
FltTester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Yes, thanks, TMSKILZ. I've been checking for their new lineup press release everyday lately, but nothing yet. You getting that much info. out of them might be an indication it's coming real soon (typically April for Mits). Earlier callers were told nothing. Ooo, a 73" LV...now if only the price is right!
FltTester is offline  
post #275 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
seggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: WNY
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

Yes, thanks, TMSKILZ. I've been checking for their new lineup press release everyday lately, but nothing yet. You getting that much info. out of them might be an indication it's coming real soon (typically April for Mits). Earlier callers were told nothing. Ooo, a 73" LV...now if only the price is right!

That's nice, but I already have a 73. I'd want to see an 80+ before I'd consider getting one, and a cost that didn't mirror the first gen.

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
seggers is offline  
post #276 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
TMSKILZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NyC
Posts: 991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Glad to try & help out & Thanks for the kind words everyone. There's something about this Laservue that sticks to my mind & keeps me holding out for it, aside from seeing & reading about other new models from the competition being released this year.

73" & Laser tech that reportedly will never fade out over the life of the TV unlike Plasma & LED/LCD is very appealing to me.

Hopefully they'll release new info soon.

GO SPURS! GO COWBOYS!
TMSKILZ is offline  
post #277 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Member
 
nescosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Talk to mitsu today and they said that the new laservue will be out very soom, maybe in days --We will be have lasevue out, look for the posting--. So I think I will have a 73 or larger.
nescosmo is offline  
post #278 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
NulloModo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went out looking at TVs after work today, first at a national retailer, then at a local chain.

At the first place I saw a Mitsubishi WD-82837 DLP set in its own little environment playing a Shakira concert blu-ray. The picture was very good, probably as good as the Panasonic plasmas in the same area, as long as I didn't get too close, but then again, 82" is huge.

At the next place, they had another 82" Mitsubishi DLP set (can't remember if it was the 837 or the 737) sitting next to the L65A90 LaserVue. The LaserVue completely destroyed the traditional DLP in terms of color, picture clarity, and brightness, even when the settings were set as similarly as I could get them.

I love the picture on the LaserVue, colors are just as good if not better than the LCDs they had, including a Samsung 8000 series LED, and focus and detail were also great. The only little issue is there appeared to be a crosshatching or dithering in the image from time to time, but I think that was just the texture of the screen. I'm used to screens with a glossy cover, so it would probably take a little time to get used to the rough-finish on the LaserVue's screen.

Also, the remote is very boring looking, but, for all out picture, the LaserVue looks great, if they come out with a new one maybe the prices will drop further on the old ones, and then I am all in.
NulloModo is offline  
post #279 of 2697 Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Newbie
 
the_glassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just tried calling a few hours ago to get some information about when the new models are coming out and came away with nothing.

I'd like an 82" Laservue model with a thin profile, no light leakage and a MRSP under $4,500. Vudu, Netflix and some of the other connected goodies coming out on other sets would be kind of nice as well. While they're at it, how about a better remote?

It would be nice to have 3D included and make it full 1080P if possible.

If I don't hear something by the end of the month, it's going to come down to the 82837, 65" Panasonic or the 103" HDI.
the_glassman is offline  
post #280 of 2697 Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
FltTester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
It's a bit alarming that the Mits press release today announcing the new XXX38 DLPs made no mention of LaserVue. Humm

http://gizmodo.com/5512442/mitsubish...3d-tv-for-3800

Interesting too, Glassman, that the HDI set also uses a laser light engine!
FltTester is offline  
post #281 of 2697 Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wesley Hester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Selma, Alabama, USA
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_glassman View Post

Just tried calling a few hours ago to get some information about when the new models are coming out and came away with nothing.

I'd like an 82" Laservue model with a thin profile, no light leakage and a MRSP under $4,500. Vudu, Netflix and some of the other connected goodies coming out on other sets would be kind of nice as well. While they're at it, how about a better remote?

It would be nice to have 3D included and make it full 1080P if possible.

If I don't hear something by the end of the month, it's going to come down to the 82837, 65" Panasonic or the 103" HDI.

You pretty much rattled off all the features that would get me to purchase a Mits Laservue, especially the size. I have a working HDTV DLP now and don't plan to rush into a new HDTV purchase. I'm eyeballing several models by various manufactures with Mits being the only rear-projection type. I'm open to any manufacturer and display type that has a good mix of value/features.

P.S. I'm sure it's it the LCD section but Mits also announced new LCD models recently. They look pretty good (and small by the dimensions we here are talking about). Just mention this to show Mits is making several announcements: hopefully a Laservue one will be forthcoming.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wesley Hester is offline  
post #282 of 2697 Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Newbie
 
TheShadowKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was on their call list and the dealer in may area phoned me and said I can order one. The are 75", not 73". They said they will be in short supply so I should put some money down on one. The retail price will be $5000 which means I should be able to find one for less. Finally!!!!
TheShadowKnows is offline  
post #283 of 2697 Old 04-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Newbie
 
TheShadowKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The link to the dealer http://www.lewisav.com/
TheShadowKnows is offline  
post #284 of 2697 Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Member
 
AVRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which model, A81/91?
AVRat is offline  
post #285 of 2697 Old 04-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
ecgz88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
75" for 5K? Laservue will be another SED


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowKnows View Post

I was on their call list and the dealer in may area phoned me and said I can order one. The are 75", not 73". They said they will be in short supply so I should put some money down on one. The retail price will be $5000 which means I should be able to find one for less. Finally!!!!

ecgz88 is offline  
post #286 of 2697 Old 04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SpenceJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have yet to read anything official regarding a second generation or discontinuation of Mitsubishi's LaserVue line of televisions.

I will remain skeptical of posts claiming a 75" LaserVue for $5,000 until I see a model number listed for sale or new model specifications listed on Mitsubishi's site.

SpenceJT


"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
- Malcolm Reynolds, Capt. "Serenity" -
SpenceJT is offline  
post #287 of 2697 Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hipnotiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post

75" for 5K? Laservue will be another SED

Basically 2nd gen prices. Not until this product is mass marketed will you see standard DLP style pricing.

How quickly everyone forgets mits technology release style.
Anyone remember the WD-65000 or the WD-65001? I bet back in those days people said DLP would never have a chance.
Hipnotiq is offline  
post #288 of 2697 Old 04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Member
 
tron49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South of Chicago next to the Kankakee River
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got back from Totons TV in Crest Hill Il.... and the 2nd generation LaserVue is currently in production (it will probably be several months before the dealers get an order form to purchase their display models). I didn't ask about price, because I don't care at this time. What I do care about is the light leakage at the bottom of the screen. So here is what I found out.... 1. The color is even better than the 1st generation... all he could say was WOW!... 2. The glass screen is gone.... They (Mitzi) finally figured how to manufacture it with plastic and get the same tight tolerances as they did with glass. 3. Because the glass is gone... no more wobbleization i.e. they don't have to move the glass screen to maintain sharpness. 4. the mirrors have been redesigned and are no longer at the bottom of the screen... supposedly the light leakage has been solved. As soon as I get my hands on a spec sheet and pricing I will post a copy of it on the forum....

Yessssss .... happy days are here again!!!!
tron49 is offline  
post #289 of 2697 Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Member
 
nescosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
IF YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH i WLL BUY IT THE SAME DAY THEY COME OUT.
you just do not know how happy I am I will get all the HD channals that AT&T have in their programing.


Thanks for the good news.
nescosmo is offline  
post #290 of 2697 Old 04-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
RU Geekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowKnows View Post

I was on their call list and the dealer in may area phoned me and said I can order one. The are 75", not 73". They said they will be in short supply so I should put some money down on one. The retail price will be $5000 which means I should be able to find one for less. Finally!!!!

Here is the preliminary brochure for the new 75" LaserVue (L75-A91), due in June at an MSRP of $6,999 -- not $5,000. The above-mentioned dealer is engaging in wishful thinking, as that is not what Mitsubishi is telling us (price could change closer to roll-out, however). Most likely, the dealer is just trying to get your deposit by telling you what you want to hear. Sorry, but that happens in our business.
RU Geekman is offline  
post #291 of 2697 Old 04-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Member
 
nescosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nescosmo View Post

IF YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH i WLL BUY IT THE SAME DAY THEY COME OUT.
you just do not know how happy I am I will get all the HD channals that AT&T have in their programing.


Thanks for the good news.


Well at 5k yes but at 7k I will have to wait for the price to drop down to human level.
nescosmo is offline  
post #292 of 2697 Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Wesley Hester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Selma, Alabama, USA
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Still need the same little details as always with limited press information. HDMI 1.4a? ARC?
CEC is 'old' news.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wesley Hester is offline  
post #293 of 2697 Old 04-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
FltTester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
With the new WD-73838 CCFL DLP preliminarily priced at $2,799, I'd like to know what technological leap, beyond the sex appeal word "Laser", justifies the the $4,200 additional cost of the L75-A91.
FltTester is offline  
post #294 of 2697 Old 04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SpenceJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

With the new WD-73838 CCFL DLP preliminarily priced at $2,799, I'd like to know what technological leap, beyond the sex appeal word "Laser", justifies the the $4,200 additional cost of the L75-A91.

Dude! ...it's a friggen "LASER"!

SpenceJT


"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
- Malcolm Reynolds, Capt. "Serenity" -
SpenceJT is offline  
post #295 of 2697 Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
FltTester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
^^^
I suppose Mits feels as in the past, like Hiptoniq pointed out about the WD-65000 largest DLP RPTV ever produced ($15k in 2000), they have a breakthrough with the L75-A91 LaserVue worthy of its price tag. That may or may not be true, but they won't be selling one to me!
FltTester is offline  
post #296 of 2697 Old 04-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
paul416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

^^^
I suppose Mits feels as in the past, like Hiptoniq pointed out about the WD-65000 largest DLP RPTV ever produced ($15k in 2000), they have a breakthrough with the L75-A91 LaserVue worthy of its price tag. That may or may not be true, but they won't be selling one to me!

At that price, MITS won't be selling very many at all
paul416 is offline  
post #297 of 2697 Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
scoombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

Here is the preliminary brochure for the new 75" LaserVue (L75-A91), due in June at an MSRP of $6,999 -- not $5,000. The above-mentioned dealer is engaging in wishful thinking, as that is not what Mitsubishi is telling us (price could change closer to roll-out, however). Most likely, the dealer is just trying to get your deposit by telling you what you want to hear. Sorry, but that happens in our business.

Is it possible the $5k might be for the non-Diamond mid-line L75-A81 model?
scoombs is offline  
post #298 of 2697 Old 04-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
RU Geekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul416 View Post

At that price, MITS won't be selling very many at all

You'd be surprised. The 65" model sold as fast as they could make them. It's a big country.
RU Geekman is offline  
post #299 of 2697 Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
 
paul416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

You'd be surprised. The 65" model sold as fast as they could make them. It's a big country.

Do you have sales figures for MITS?? If so, how many were sold. IF, this second generation of LV is ever released, they will now be competing with LCD' s getting bigger and bigger screens and coming down in price. Going to be a tough sell.
paul416 is offline  
post #300 of 2697 Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
RU Geekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul416 View Post

Do you have sales figures for MITS?? If so, how many were sold. IF, this second generation of LV is ever released, they will now be competing with LCD' s getting bigger and bigger screens and coming down in price. Going to be a tough sell.

I have this information on good authority. I met with Mitsubishi's national director of sales at CEDIA last fall and he not only told me about their plans to release a larger model in the first half of this year, but also said they were selling the 65" as fast as they could crank them out. This product was not designed for the mass market, so sales figures are obviously not going to be comparable to those for LCDs or plasmas. Sales of jumbo flat panels (above 70") are not that high, either.
RU Geekman is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off