Official LaserVue Owners thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 2680 Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope that if we have a power buy will be about 5k or less I do like to to own one but money is an issue now a days. maybe I have to run the risk on buying it on a none dealer place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2680 Old 06-06-2010, 11:03 AM

Thanx RU for the dimension sheet. Since you brought up wall mounting, will there be a mounting option for this like the previous model?
post #453 of 2680 Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRat View Post

Thanx RU for the dimension sheet. Since you brought up wall mounting, will there be a mounting option for this like the previous model?

Mitsubishi says no wall mount for the L75-A91. Either it's too big or there wasn't enough interest in the wall mount for the 65" model -- I don't know which is the reason.
post #454 of 2680 Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nescosmo View Post

I hope that if we have a power buy will be about 5k or less I do like to to own one but money is an issue now a days. maybe I have to run the risk on buying it on a none dealer place.

With such a large and heavy set, shipping costs are the big challenge. I am working to bring it in at a reasonable price. Will have more details within the week.
post #455 of 2680 Old 06-06-2010, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Mitsubishi says no wall mount for the L75-A91. Either it's too big or there wasn't enough interest in the wall mount for the 65" model -- I don't know which is the reason.

I would say overall size and depth will keep it from wall mounting. I saw it yesterday a Bjorn's, and there is no way I would even try to mount it. It's a very funny shape from behind compared to the other RP HDTVs. You have to see it to understand. Imagine hanging the box that a 50" plasma comes in. That's how far away from the wall it would be.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #456 of 2680 Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

With such a large and heavy set, shipping costs are the big challenge. I am working to bring it in at a reasonable price. Will have more details within the week.

I'm also interested in getting an A91, but I'm in Hong Kong so need to have it shipped from the states. The issue is that unit weights over 180 lbs and can only be shipped by feight service using a pallet, and most air forwarder ( UPS, DHL, FED ) DONT offer extra packaging for air freight.

So is the original package ( outer carton & inner wrapping foam ) able to offer suffient protection on its own during air freight transit? Could any A90 owner here advice if the original package is strong enough or the unit look obviously need extra care & protection? Thanks
post #457 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 AM

I think so! The boxes are made very thin and the only thing that protect the tv is the center and mid foam. I just bought an lcd made buy sceptre x46by-120f price at $900.00 on sale for $97.00; The box was real bad and the tv has a hair line near the center, I can watch the tv like that on the pool area, color and picture are great. but the box was so damage that is something to see.

If you have some body in the state that can double box the tv(wood) and send it in a container that will be the ideal way. ( you pick it at the port).
post #458 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Advanced Member

Has anyone seen any reviews for the L75-A91 online-- ones that do some actual measurements? It seems odd that there is such little buzz about this set, and that so far, there have been (to my knowledge) zero reviews. Other sets often have reviews before they're even officially available, while this set didn't even have any official confirmation until is was essentially being released.

Is this just an example of people being more interested in LCD and Plasma?

Thanks,

Larry
post #459 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 01:18 AM

Yokhok, you can get a freight consolidator to ship the set via ocean. Probably have it in 14 days or so and it would be much cheaper. Do an internet search for that name or NVOCC. I would look into if your government there will be charging customs duty first. If there is it might be very high.
post #460 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:

I think so! The boxes are made very thin and the only thing that protect the tv is the center and mid foam. I just bought an lcd made buy sceptre x46by-120f price at $900.00 on sale for $97.00; The box was real bad and the tv has a hair line near the center, I can watch the tv like that on the pool area, color and picture are great. but the box was so damage that is something to see.

If you have some body in the state that can double box the tv(wood) and send it in a container that will be the ideal way. ( you pick it at the port).

sounds like a great deal =) Not sure how the mits package gonna hold. I'm thinking about having PAKMAIL wooden crate the set for shipping. But thats gonna cost alot ... studying their shipping details now
post #461 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry728 View Post

Yokhok, you can get a freight consolidator to ship the set via ocean. Probably have it in 14 days or so and it would be much cheaper. Do an internet search for that name or NVOCC. I would look into if your government there will be charging customs duty first. If there is it might be very high.

Thanks for the advice. Most items shipped to Hong Kong are basically tax free. I just dont want to wait that long Is sea freight safer for the set say compared with air / motor freight? The guy at Onecall told me " the item will surely get damaged just air freight across the country " Isnt the orginal package supposed to be designed & tested in a way that would guaranteed its safety during all types of shipping?

Far as I know the laser light unit are pretty solid and shouldnt make the LaserVue more fragile than most LCD, Plasma build far as shipping is concerned. Could any A90/91 owner here comment on its package status upon arrival? That would be helpful.
post #462 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokhok View Post

Thanks for the advice. Most items shipped to Hong Kong are basically tax free. I just dont want to wait that long Is sea freight safer for the set say compared with air / motor freight? The guy at Onecall told me " the item will surely get damaged just air freight across the country " Isnt the orginal package supposed to be designed & tested in a way that would guaranteed its safety during all types of shipping?

Far as I know the laser light unit are pretty solid and shouldnt make the LaserVue more fragile than most LCD, Plasma build far as shipping is concerned. Could any A90/91 owner here comment on its package status upon arrival? That would be helpful.

No company send tvs by UPS only on freight trucking, air is like UPS they will kill the tv.
the best is ocean.
post #463 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

sounds like a great deal =) Not sure how the mits package gonna hold. I'm thinking about having PAKMAIL wooden crate the set for shipping. But thats gonna cost alot ... studying their shipping details now

Yes, ocean freight is less costly, and for a large object like the L75-A91 it is probably your only viable option. You don't need to worry about the set being smashed into the ship's cargo hold. The freight company will strap the set to a pallet and then load it into a shipping container. Just be sure the firm you purchase the TV from actually BUYS full insurance coverage for the shipment, instead of simply pocketing your premium or going with a high deductible and then self-insuring for the remainder (a common short-cut for shipping high value items, as it keeps the premium lower). If it's fully insured then it is on the shipper to make sure the set is delivered safely. When your television arrives at your home, be sure to make the driver and his assistant (it will take at least two people to handle this set and get it into your home) stay until you have opened it up and plugged it in to make sure it works. Prior arrangements for this should be made with the shipper, as their drivers are usually on a tight schedule and this could add slightly to your costs -- but it is worth it. If you do all this you should be fine. I shipped B&W Nautilus 800 speakers to a customer in Singapore using this procedure and there was no problem whatsoever.
post #464 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittle View Post

Has anyone seen any reviews for the L75-A91 online-- ones that do some actual measurements? It seems odd that there is such little buzz about this set, and that so far, there have been (to my knowledge) zero reviews. Other sets often have reviews before they're even officially available, while this set didn't even have any official confirmation until is was essentially being released.

Is this just an example of people being more interested in LCD and Plasma?

Thanks,

Larry

I find it curious myself. Got the latest Home Theatre magazine a few days ago and no ads for LV nor any mention of it.
post #465 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm also interested in getting an A91, but I'm in Hong Kong so need to have it shipped from the states. The issue is that unit weights over 180 lbs and can only be shipped by feight service using a pallet, and most air forwarder ( UPS, DHL, FED ) DONT offer extra packaging for air freight.

So is the original package ( outer carton & inner wrapping foam ) able to offer suffient protection on its own during air freight transit? Could any A90 owner here advice if the original package is strong enough or the unit look obviously need extra care & protection? Thanks

i dont see why you think there would be any difference to shipping a TV to hong kong vs shipping to anywhere in the US. They design the packing to handle all situations. If the box is damaged when you recieve it, just refuse it.

The better question is, why do you want this TV in HK?
post #466 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 01:37 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnotiq View Post

i dont see why you think there would be any difference to shipping a TV to hong kong vs shipping to anywhere in the US. They design the packing to handle all situations. If the box is damaged when you recieve it, just refuse it.

Based on the box my Mits WD-65835 came in and assuming the LaserVue's come packed in a similar manner, I highly doubt the packing is designed to handle all situations. The packing definitely wasn't exactly robust. If I were having one of these shipped long distance, I'd definitely follow the advice of others like RU Geekman and pay extra to have it properly packed, insured, and delivered to decrease the risk of damage (and increase the chance that any damage will be covered).

Shipping within the US more or less means the TV gets loaded onto a truck and delivered to the final location in a few days to a week depending on exactly where it's going. Shipping from the US to another country overseas means the TV gets loaded onto a truck, unloaded at a dock, probably put into a large shipping container, loaded onto a ship, unloaded from the ship a week or 2 later, loaded onto another truck, and eventually delivered to the final destination. That's a LOT more chances for something to go wrong.
post #467 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM

OneCall indicated they put the TV on a pallet for shipping.
post #468 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ly92078 View Post

OneCall indicated they put the TV on a pallet for shipping.

Given the weight, that's pretty much a given, but simply putting it on a pallet (and hopefully strapping it down ) doesn't guarantee it will arrive at the final destination in 1 piece.
post #469 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 02:36 PM

I have a mitsubishi WS-73907 from 2001 and it look great, picture is as good as it can get.
Now is the laservue 75 better than the one I'v got; Remember is 8 years old and one of this days will go, but comparing is the laser better.
post #470 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Here is a color gamut analysis of this technology vs. plasma and LCD.
post #471 of 2680 Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Based on the box my Mits WD-65835 came in and assuming the LaserVue's come packed in a similar manner, I highly doubt the packing is designed to handle all situations. The packing definitely wasn't exactly robust. If I were having one of these shipped long distance, I'd definitely follow the advice of others like RU Geekman and pay extra to have it properly packed, insured, and delivered to decrease the risk of damage (and increase the chance that any damage will be covered).

Shipping within the US more or less means the TV gets loaded onto a truck and delivered to the final location in a few days to a week depending on exactly where it's going. Shipping from the US to another country overseas means the TV gets loaded onto a truck, unloaded at a dock, probably put into a large shipping container, loaded onto a ship, unloaded from the ship a week or 2 later, loaded onto another truck, and eventually delivered to the final destination. That's a LOT more chances for something to go wrong.

Shipping inside the US creates as much if not more possiblity to be damaged.
When a single item is shipped across county it is loaded from multiple trucks at multiple hubs. This could be as many as a dozen from coast to coast.
In each case the product is handled by someone whos main job is to figure out the best way to fit as much stuff on that trailer. This often means, putting the TV on its side, or loading heavy items on top of it.

Air shipping, as the poster meantioned he wanted to do, is by far the safest way to transport product to any location whether it be in the states or over-seas.

Also considering this is not a unique or 1 of a kind item, simple shipping insurance will cover any damage to the product (for a fee).

If for whatever unknown crazy reason someone would want that TV in HK, then air shipping it there is a highly safe proposition.
post #472 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:

No company send tvs by UPS only on freight trucking, air is like UPS they will kill the tv.
the best is ocean.

I just thought things that got air freighted are usually taken better care of .. say compared with regular ground shipping ... Any specific reason why sea freight would be better for the TVs package wise?
post #473 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

Yes, ocean freight is less costly, and for a large object like the L75-A91 it is probably your only viable option. You don't need to worry about the set being smashed into the ship's cargo hold. The freight company will strap the set to a pallet and then load it into a shipping container. Just be sure the firm you purchase the TV from actually BUYS full insurance coverage for the shipment, instead of simply pocketing your premium or going with a high deductible and then self-insuring for the remainder (a common short-cut for shipping high value items, as it keeps the premium lower). If it's fully insured then it is on the shipper to make sure the set is delivered safely. When your television arrives at your home, be sure to make the driver and his assistant (it will take at least two people to handle this set and get it into your home) stay until you have opened it up and plugged it in to make sure it works. Prior arrangements for this should be made with the shipper, as their drivers are usually on a tight schedule and this could add slightly to your costs -- but it is worth it. If you do all this you should be fine. I shipped B&W Nautilus 800 speakers to a customer in Singapore using this procedure and there was no problem whatsoever.

Just got quotes from PAKMAIL and they wont be able to wooden crate it ... custom in HK require heat treated wood for this and they cant build treated wood box this big to hold the item.

The alternate way is to double box it and they cant 100% insure it, only cover for loss. Guess I probably need to find someone else ... Any suggestions?
post #474 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:

The better question is, why do you want this TV in HK?

I'm just getting tired of following petty improvement in LCD / Plasmas now.
Saw it at HK expo when Nvidia's using it for 3D Vision demo. LV is superb I think ( way better than my 52" Kuro and Sony X45 ). But Mits doesnt sell it in HK nor they plan to do so in the near future. So thats the only option for me
post #475 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Yeah, I think so. I will at least have it double boxed if I decided to go ahead with 75"
post #476 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Shipping inside the US creates as much if not more possiblity to be damaged.
When a single item is shipped across county it is loaded from multiple trucks at multiple hubs. This could be as many as a dozen from coast to coast.
In each case the product is handled by someone whos main job is to figure out the best way to fit as much stuff on that trailer. This often means, putting the TV on its side, or loading heavy items on top of it.

Air shipping, as the poster meantioned he wanted to do, is by far the safest way to transport product to any location whether it be in the states or over-seas.

Also considering this is not a unique or 1 of a kind item, simple shipping insurance will cover any damage to the product (for a fee).

If for whatever unknown crazy reason someone would want that TV in HK, then air shipping it there is a highly safe proposition.

I think air shipping would provide better protection for the item, but still it need to be properly packaged and 100 insured.

btw. thats a hobby, not insanity.. LOL
post #477 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I think air shipping would provide better protection for the item, but still it need to be properly packaged and 100 insured.

btw. thats a hobby, not insanity.. LOL

Ocean shipping? If it's your only viable option then I guess so, but for your sake, I hope the Somali Pirates don't hijack that cargo ship & while you in HK wondering where's your LV HDTV, the pirates will be watching highlights of their hijacking in HD in Brilliant mode on FOXNEWS_HD on their spanking new LV HDTV!

GO SPURS! GO COWBOYS!
post #478 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSKILZ View Post

Ocean shipping? If it's your only viable option then I guess so, but for your sake, I hope the Somali Pirates don't hijack that cargo ship & while you in HK wondering where's your LV HDTV, the pirates will be watching highlights of their hijacking in HD in Brilliant mode on FOXNEWS_HD on their spanking new LV HDTV!

WOW ... How vivid depiction. Have to say thats beyond my wildest imaginaiton .. Do you tell from similar, personal experience?
post #479 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM

Well OneCall run out of the L75, were are those guys that have those tvs.
Where are the comments, what is going on, is mits so busy that cannot keep up with the demand.
post #480 of 2680 Old 06-08-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Well OneCall run out of the L75, were are those guys that have those tvs.
Where are the comments, what is going on, is mits so busy that cannot keep up with the demand.

either Mits have problems mass producing them or it doesnt even expect the TV to be sold so well.

You can tell from their almost none-existent marketing
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page