Official LaserVue Owners thread - Page 92 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2015, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No Part Available

Still no parts availability for my MITS TV. Last price on light engine was around $2800, but I think that is a bit redundant if the part is no longer produced. Keep the dust away and cross your fingers, because WHEN it breaks, it is at this point unrepairable.
CPS Warranty is a joke. BBB should shut them down. Nothing but a huge scam. Great attitude they have. "If we can't repair it for any reason we'll give you back part of your premium". How can they lose????

Last edited by raccoondad; 02-18-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccoondad View Post
Still no parts availability for my MITS TV. Last price on light engine was around $2800, but I think that is a bit redundant if the part is no longer produced. Keep the dust away and cross your fingers, because WHEN it breaks, it is at this point unrepairable.
CPS Warranty is a joke. BBB should shut them down. Nothing but a huge scam. Great attitude they have. "If we can't repair it for any reason we'll give you back part of your premium". How can they lose????
I'm not sure, but I think the CPS extended warranty contract is also covered under The Magnuson-Moss Act. Whether or not their "no-lose" clause is legal is another question. In either case, it does seem immoral. If they can't repair, maybe ask for a comparable 75" hdtv. Probably won't be as good as the LV, but much better than $300.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:23 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
It might be worthwhile to contact your state attorney general's office to see if there's anything they can do to get you a better (as in fair) settlement. At least in Massachusetts, it wouldn't cost you anything to do this and has been known to actually get results. The warranty company shouldn't be able to just give you a partial refund on the cost of the warranty and walk away. That defeats the purpose of a warranty.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Hey Raccoondad. If you are in need of a light engine, I purchased one for my a91 as a backup when the last light engine went. Unfortunately the light source went and I was unable to source the part anywhere new or salvaged. I still have the engine, but have no way of testing it. If you want it pm me as I ended up junking the Mitsubishi and went to my backup Samsung.

EJ
Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
It might be worthwhile to contact your state attorney general's office to see if there's anything they can do to get you a better (as in fair) settlement. At least in Massachusetts, it wouldn't cost you anything to do this and has been known to actually get results. The warranty company shouldn't be able to just give you a partial refund on the cost of the warranty and walk away. That defeats the purpose of a warranty.
One agreed to those terms when one purchased the warranty, so nothing can be done.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Old 02-18-2015, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well, it has happened again. I was watching a program, and the L75-A91 just went dark. The power light just flashes amber. I have looked at the error table, but since the light just flashes steadily and continuously, I have counted over 100, well beyond the highest value on the table. No breaks in the flashes and no other colors, just amber. I have tried unplugging and replugging, and I have tried the system reset described in the manual. No luck. When this happened last time, 2 years ago, a couple of weeks later the TV just started working again. I had called CPS (extended warranty), and they told me to do something, but it recovered before I did anything. I filed another claim tonight, as I still have a few months on the extended warranty (for what it is worth, which appears to be little judging from others' experiences with CPS—we will see). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you.

David Jones
Jericho, VT